+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there a class/build that can take down a Pyro in GoS?

Soulwalker

Default Is there a class/build that can take down a Pyro in GoS?

Hey all,

Looking for any class/build that can take down a Pyro in GoS. I heard mention of a Void knight and a NightBlade being able to take them down.

If anyone has one could you please post the build?

Deep Nightblade stands a chance assuming he blows through all of his 2 min cd damage immunities.

Void Knight is a joke dmg-wise, and its dispel is as all dispels random so you will NOT be guaranteed to remove GoS. Assuming by some miracle you DO manage to remove GoS, your Soul Pillage is now on a 15 second cooldown. GoS on the other hand has no cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    Deep Nightblade stands a chance assuming he blows through all of his 2 min cd damage immunities.

Void Knight is a joke dmg-wise, and its dispel is as all dispels random so you will NOT be guaranteed to remove GoS. Assuming by some miracle you DO manage to remove GoS, your Soul Pillage is now on a 15 second cooldown. GoS on the other hand has no cooldown.
    Ummm You purge GOS, then you silence for 8 seconds... I mean seriously.. it's not hard..

If you can't kill a Pyro in 4 seconds, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Probably another Pyro in GoS. Maybe.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Shadowlander

MM, NB/Sin, VK, inqui/cab, inqui/healing soul, + anything with a spell reflect

Plane Touched

Night blade can kill it if they refuse to leave GoS and don't use their CC. Basically, you can win if the other person is a lazy ******, or has no idea how blackout works. Blackout is 44 point in, not a lot of builds to use with that kind of investment. I'm currently going 51 NB 10 infil 5 sab (for dex/adhesive).

VKs, last I heard, no, they just neuter the mage if neither dies quickly. Pyro usually gives up all of the normal mana regain if they go 51 pyro/ rest archmage. So they just pew pew till they go OOM.

Supposedly necromancers can.

Not really sure how this is an issue, most people rely so much on GoS they don't try to open world gank as pyros.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by phatz View Post
    Hey all,

Looking for any class/build that can take down a Pyro in GoS. I heard mention of a Void knight and a NightBlade being able to take them down.

If anyone has one could you please post the build?
    Anyone with a brain can take down a Pyro with any calling. Mages & Clerics, shouldn't have a problem, VKs everyone knows about, Rogues can serve a Pyro as melee or ranged.

It's really not that hard. You just need some PVP expertise & Prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Ummm You purge GOS, then you silence for 8 seconds... I mean seriously.. it's not hard..

If you can't kill a Pyro in 4 seconds, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
    VK damage is not only pathetic, but your entire premise is that you manage to purge GoS. Which for VKs is around a 30% chance. ASSUMING you purge it, and ASSUMING you also get a silence off, you do stand a chance at bringing the Pyro to 1/2 HP before he does a Burn/GoS then proceeds to skull**** you.

Soulwalker

This is all great info, but please someone show me a build that can do it. I would really like to see this.

Rift Disciple

No, and if the pyro is getting ANY type of healing on him then the answer is HELL NO!

Rift Chaser

Dominator should be able to pretty easily

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by phatz View Post
    This is all great info, but please someone show me a build that can do it. I would really like to see this.
    Failure to understand every single reply. It takes some serious conditional stuff for ANYONE to beat a Pyro 1v1. A lot just outright can't do it

I'd say MM, because there is a 5m gap. Everytime he moves within his 3m, you can move out again. Sure, you give up sniper pedestal, but he loses the much more powerful GoS.

AAA
    Telaran

Thumbs up Constructive

To the OP, I like this type of discussion and wanted to share my answer. I roll a Mage and have 4 specs and am currently lvl 46. In a Warfront I find heavy Chloromancer Warlock spec to work against Pyro, and also Warlock Necromancer spec viable. Chloro has 1-3 instant cast heals for self or others, and Warlock has a 7 second 80% reduction to dmg and a 50/50 boost to hp. Good for pyro's heatwave/cinder burst.

Dots and reduced healing (Blight/Consumption) works very well on Pyro, my personal Pryo spec has about 3,900 HP (mostly blues). Where as my Chlorolock w/archon has about 5,300 hp.

I hope this information helps....

Kind Regads,

Aone, aka Nodice, Phone

Loft on Lotham (Guardian)

Plane Touched

Does GoS make them immune to knockbacks... or massive damage from assassin? Whats the max range on their casts?
    Mm should be able to ping them to death from out of their reach.

Depending on who gets the jump, Dominator can destroy a pyro with 0 damage taken, or die horribly with 0 damage dealt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast