+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancers are making the game worse even for other mages

Rift Master

Default Pyromancers are making the game worse even for other mages

I will not say anything about pyros being powerful. Thing is that right now, every dps in warfronts is aiming and focusing mages right of the bat. I have seen mages literally respawn and be focus fired in seconds just because people thinks they could be a pyro. I dont think they are that special to be honest and I think patch 1.1 really balanced the game but there should be something done to mend this situation. Because non pyro mages are nearly forced to go pyro because of increased survivability and burst.

Plane Touched

And you know whats fun too?

Healers will pocket heal pyros over even warriors, since they're currently the easiest dps to keep alive.

I'm used to being ignored as a rogue, but at least the pocket healed warriors made me less noticeable in melee.

Rift Disciple

Funny thing is everyone thinks there was some great mage buff. For the lower levels sure, but upper levels and at 50 my dps was the same. I don't like pyro, and yet it seems to be effect in pvp you need to be one. Warlock dots are still laughable.

They give pyros the ability to instant cast the circle of jokes....30% damage reduction...cc immunity, high damage and flicker to run away. Wow....all this in one spec...that is insane.

Whenever I see a Mage without the Circle of Lolz active I put a 1 in his head and literally yell in vent KILL THAT B1TCH BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!111
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Lately, I've seen people just try to run away from me and avoid me at all costs. I find it laughable that so many people don't have the brains and the backbone to just take me to task when I'm in pyro spec. I get more kills blasting people in the back as they run away or attack one of my teammates than anything else. When people really decide to nail me, I get dropped.

Pyros aren't god mode. Not by a long shot.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Lately, I've seen people just try to run away from me and avoid me at all costs. I find it laughable that so many people don't have the brains and the backbone to just take me to task when I'm in pyro spec. I get more kills blasting people in the back as they run away or attack one of my teammates than anything else. When people really decide to nail me, I get dropped.

Pyros aren't god mode. Not by a long shot.
    Another dillusional person. No, Pyro's aren't over powered. 5400 point fulminate crits are common and not God Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvok View Post
    Another dillusional person. No, Pyro's aren't over powered. 5400 point fulminate crits are common and not God Mode.
    Well, I have about 700 SP and without the power ball, mine crits for 3.4k. That's something I can prove at least. I'd love to have 5.4k "common" crits. Then you people would really be crying.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-04-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

theleviathian, still defending pyros? Are you like the only mage failing at it even with such soul ?

Some decent mage please give this guy a good Pyro Build, for the love of god help him.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-04-2011 at 10:20 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Shadowlander

In my opinion pyros were more op before the patch,
    they were unkillable, with insta cast no cd rune shield + GoS you had 80% reduced dmg + 15% reduced melee dmg... And GoS was stunlock with aoe.
    The dmg is higher now and needs seriously to be tuned down a bit, i hate 1-2 hitting players :E

Rift Disciple

5400 crits are low....get a chloro/dom in your party to assist you with squirrel...get red orb and see lol 8k crits
    Poizies - Cleric
    Poiz - Rogue

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Whenever I see a Mage without the Circle of Lolz active I put a 1 in his head and literally yell in vent KILL THAT B1TCH BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!111
    Lol,

QFT

+ Reply to Thread