+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For the recorcd, the patch only hindered the bad players. Pyros are fine.

Telaran

Default For the recorcd, the patch only hindered the bad players. Pyros are fine.

GoS got nerfed in the last patch and only certain types of mage damage (chloro, ect) was slightly increased. There is zero difference in damage on my level 50 pyro mage. Oh, except that my armor % is approximately 10% higher. What a game change.

Here's the real issue:

Prior to the patch, rogue and warrior mechanics and abilities operated not as intended, and as a result were essentially "easy mode". Now that TRION removed "easy mode" from these classes, the people sitting behind these computers had to do something else besides mindlessly spam flamespear to win in pvp. And while many of them did figure out new strategy, others cannot, because they're simply terrible players.

To them I say: If you think rolling pyro will solve your problems, brace yourself for a big disappointment. I guarantee you'll still be put into the ground by warriors/rogues, clerics, and other mages who know what they are doing. The problem is YOU, you're simply bad, and that'll follow you to whatever class you play.

Many however have figured out new strategies in pvp, and they do just fine. Sure we see the occasionally "wtfbbq" 6k fulminate screenshot posted, but what they don't show you is that QQing warrior/rogue in all likelihood, put that mage (or any other mage) into the ground in the 10 previous encounters. It's very easy to cherry-pick numbers from players at their best moments. You died, get over it.

Only difference between prepatch and now, is that in prepatch the odds of a bad warrior/rogue killing a good mage were significantly higher than they are now. Now the game operates like this: Good warriors and good rogues will decimate the average mage. And likewise, a good mage will decimate the average warrior or rogue.

To the bad players, dry up those tears and get more HP and throw out your green items, learn to play.
    Last edited by Again; 04-04-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

Telaran

Whoops, I typoed in the title. Brace for impact.
    There are no bad/broken classes, just bad/broken players.

Rift Master

Everything you said is incorrect. You are simply trying to justify Pyro being OP using terrible hyperbole and nonsensical arguments.

Tip: Go read what Mages were saying about Rogues/Wars pre 1.1. All your arguments apply to yourself as well.

And if you honestly think Rogues/Wars are easymode and mages are hard to play.... lol. My mage is the easiest out of all the callings in the game to do well with, and easily the most overpowered, and I'm not just talking Pyro.

Although, I'm a player who plays all callings so you know, my unbiased opinion doesn't mean much compared to the people who only play mages and obviously know much better.... lulz

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Again View Post
    GoS got nerfed in the last patch and only certain types of mage damage (chloro, ect) was slightly increased. There is zero difference in damage on my level 50 pyro mage. Oh, except that my armor % is approximately 10% higher. What a game change.

Here's the real issue:
    Pyro was already one of the most powerful souls before the patch as any good player can tell you. What the patch did was remove the rogue soul able to compete completely from contention, scaled back the burst damage on all the warrior specs making it harder to compete, while making pyro harder to kill for melee thus further widening the gap.

Somehow no-one notices the few clerics running around 3-hitting people in melee so they are safe till ***** work their spec and start using it.
    Last edited by Xandarth; 04-04-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Shadowlander

Yea, right now clerics are notably better than mages in almost every situation, people are just qq'ing because of fulminate screen shots of people using red orbs in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarth View Post
    Somehow no-one notices the few clerics running around 3-hitting people in melee so they are safe till ***** work their spec and start using it.
    Haha, so true. I was crit for 3.8k by a cleric yesterday, and if that hadn't killed me, 700 per tic dot after that. lol
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Haha, so true. I was crit for 3.8k by a cleric yesterday, and if that hadn't killed me, 700 per tic dot after that. lol
    Hmm a big crit, for a class not designed with particularly great crit, and then you could die to the big blled it applies, which can be removed.... or a single shot that can outright kill even tanks.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Pyros was powerful before the patch, but now when sabos and champs have been nerfed, their allowed to reign free as kings of pvp

people that says saboteurs was easymode before nerf havent played one. i know loads of callings and souls that do more damage then they did.
    Last edited by Selo; 04-04-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    Pyros was powerful before the patch, but now when sabos and champs have been nerfed, their allowed to reign free as kings of pvp

people that says saboteurs was easymode before nerf havent played one. i know loads of callings and souls that do more damage then they did.
    Loads? Please list them k?

And yes, applying 5 different charges and then assploding is hard work.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Whoops, I typoed in the title. Brace for impact.
    Brace for impact indeed.

The argument is pointless, anyone playing in PvP right now at any reasonable level is aware of how powerful mages are. I'm sure every server cluster has it's share of good mage players which makes this issue even more pronounced. My hope is that they dont over nerf mages at this point.

Maybe you're trolling or perhaps it's just a severe perception problem.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Difference is if that Cleric hit a Pyro, they would be dead, Pyros have only about 3.8k health unless they took other souls that boosted their health.

Ascendant

Oh, except that my armor % is approximately 10% higher. What a game change.
    You push me to get a second forum infraction for calling you appropriate adjectives....

The mage as cloth got at least 20-25% physical mitigation and there are some mages that can even hit 30%. So from the bugged 100% armor penetration warriors had now have the least 20-25% reduction to the base damage. So cut the crap...you know nothing about numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

GoS got nerfed in the last patch.....

To them I say: If you think rolling pyro will solve your problems, brace yourself for a big disappointment.
    First of all, GoS was fixed. Not nerfed. The chance to stun someone indefinitely without DR's is obviously broken. And second of all, I rolled a pyro and have decimated in damage and killing blows in every single bracket so far. From playing a level 50 t2 geared rogue I can tell you there's absolutely no comparison to the killing capacity of a pyro to any of the rogue souls.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyr View Post
    I can tell you there's absolutely no comparison to the killing capacity of a pyro to any of the other souls.
    Fixed.

/10chars
    Last edited by Delolith; 04-04-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

To the bad players, dry up those tears and get more HP and throw out your green items, learn to play.
    You know what this sounds like? This sounds like warriors about two weeks ago. Whether you think pyros are the problem, or bad people playing is the problem here is what you need to realize.

The majority is against you. The forums are lighting up with proof that pyros can one - two shot people (Saboteurs anyone?). I wonder what is going to happen to that soul that is operating just like those other souls that were nerfed.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Please try to realize, that the only people defending pyros, are pyros. What does that tell you? Really, stop and think about it. Before you just jump to the conclusion that everyone that doesn't play a pyro is a baddy I'm going to tell you that, that answer, is wrong.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast