+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do Warriors deal good DPS and Rogues deal poor DPS

Default Why do Warriors deal good DPS and Rogues deal poor DPS

because Warriors literally have talents that say - Increase your Damage by 40% & 50%... Hell one of the trees say 50% AND 30%

Even some Mage souls have this

If Im wrong, go ahead and tell me
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

We'll Rogues do have flat % dmg talents, not 50% sure, but those type of talents.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    We'll Rogues do have flat % dmg talents, not 50% sure, but those type of talents.
    Well yea they have some, but by comparison their %s are rather small

Assassin, the class that seems to have the most of the % talents, have it scattered across their abilities

like 15% that only affects 1 ability
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Plane Walker

Most rogue damage is X+weapon damage. Warriors are X+1XX% weapon damage. Thats one reason why they do more damage.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Most rogue damage is X+weapon damage. Warriors are X+1XX% weapon damage. Thats one reason why they do more damage.
    Something has to change. I've been charge stubbed and killed before getting out of said stun too many times by Warriors to ever consider the 'Rogues have more CC and tools argument'. That angle works on paper but never pans out in actual implementation.

Champion of Telara

Right now, Warriors still have the highest single target dps ... which has to change. Hopefully, they will nerf Warriors slightly and buff Rogues.

DPS should go Rogue = Mage > Warrior = Cleric
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-03-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by halorin View Post
    Something has to change. I've been charge stubbed and killed before getting out of said stun too many times by Warriors to ever consider the 'Rogues have more CC and tools argument'. That angle works on paper but never pans out in actual implementation.
    Most CC we have breaks on damage so its only good to run away. Most of our escapes require you to go deep into the trees so to have more then one is giving up too much. As for warrior CC I dont have a problem. As rogues it is our job to get the jump.

The problem is if there damage is working as intended then ours needs to be brought up to there levels. Once that is done then we can look at who has too much CC or too little. I think the main issue is difference is damage. Its hard to kill something as tough as a warrior when you can only put out 2/3rd the damage and your supposed to be in the upper level of damage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Most CC we have breaks on damage so its only good to run away. Most of our escapes require you to go deep into the trees so to have more then one is giving up too much. As for warrior CC I dont have a problem. As rogues it is our job to get the jump.

The problem is if there damage is working as intended then ours needs to be brought up to there levels. Once that is done then we can look at who has too much CC or too little. I think the main issue is difference is damage. Its hard to kill something as tough as a warrior when you can only put out 2/3rd the damage and your supposed to be in the upper level of damage.
    There's a forever alone comic someone made for Melee Rogues on here that explains the situation far better than I ever could.

Plane Touched

Umm I rerolled a rogue a few days ago my dps and survivability is 2 times better than my warrior.
    I don't understand all these threads... about rogues doing worse dps...
    Hell in the warfront black garden Iroutinely get 14+ killing blows, and top damage done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3dGrunge View Post
    Umm I rerolled a rogue a few days ago my dps and survivability is 2 times better than my warrior.
    I don't understand all these threads... about rogues doing worse dps...
    Hell in the warfront black garden Iroutinely get 14+ killing blows, and top damage done.
    Because you're a noob that hasnt gotten to 50 on either character.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Because you're a noob that hasnt gotten to 50 on either character.
    LMAO, yes because lvl 50 is all that should be balanced. **** the actual game only the end game matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Right now, Warriors still have the highest single target dps ... which has to change. Hopefully, they will nerf Warriors slightly and buff Rogues.

DPS should go Rogue = Mage > Warrior = Cleric
    No, it should go Warrior = Melee Rogue > Mage = Ranged Rogue > Cleric

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

LMAO, yes because lvl 50 is all that should be balanced. **** the actual game only the end game matters.
    Now you understand

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Rift Disciple

it takes 3 weeks to get to level 50 on a casual toon

does it makes sense to balance the first 3 weeks?

Plane Walker

You have a point to an extent, but the focus has to be end game balance. If end game is broken and unbalanced people have no reason to devote any time to the game. If end game is not balanced then any progression from that point on will be plagued with imbalance.That being said the biggest problem is all the classes do not improve in similar a linear trend. Some are really good then platue while others are crappy then get exponetialy better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast