+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS from another perspective.

Default DPS from another perspective.

Please note this is not my post, but i really think this puts new light on the current difference in DPS between the classes and needed more attention then it was getting as a post in a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
    last night a group of us did some simple fun dps math.....took off all our gear except weapons, and no buffs on either. We tried to see how fast and how many key strokes it took in various builds to get to a certain damage point on a dummie. We tried most of the traditional DPS builds for each class.

We went to 4000 damage because that's about a level 50's (player and mob) average HP (although most are sporting 5-6k now that many are getting better armors). Here it is...

(1) mages 4k done in 5 key strokes and 10 sec
    (2) war 4k done in 6 key strokes and 10 sec
    (3) cleric 4k done in 6 key srokes and 14 sec
    (4) rogue 4k done in 17 key strokes and 23 sec

ROFL!
    needless to say my rogue friend has /cancelled until this situation changes.
    Last edited by Dhboy123; 04-03-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    Please note this is not my post, but i really think this puts new light on the current difference in DPS between the classes and needed more attention then it was getting as a post in a thread.
    It's neat and all but it's hardly conclusive or anything.
    Obviously souls that scale with gear are going to perform really bad with no gear on. (Rogues)
    And souls that gear has less of an impact (Riftblade) will perform well.

All this does is just exaggerate issues to the point that they mean nothing.

Do this with everyone in uniform gear like full t1 or 2 and do it for like 100k damage and not 4k damage and the numbers might mean anything.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Obviously souls that scale with gear are going to perform really bad with no gear on. (Rogues)

Do this with everyone in uniform gear like full t1 or 2 and do it for like 100k damage and not 4k damage and the numbers might mean anything.
    Even if the characters were fully geared do you honestly think rogue will do that damage in half the time while a warrior in full gear won't change at all.

Scaling may be different in classes but not THAT different.
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Even if the characters were fully geared do you honestly think rogue will do that damage in half the time while a warrior in full gear won't change at all.

Scaling may be different in classes but not THAT different.
    Irrelevant.
    The data means nothing because it has no real world application. If gear shrinks the gap by even 5% that is enough to worry about. And with Warriors supposedly starting to wear leather armor because dex scales better than str I'd be willing to bet the scaling gap would be more than 5%.

I mean are you seriously suggesting Trion makes balancing decisions based on naked characters doing arbitrary numbers on a test dummy? Seriously?

This makes me want to make a rogue
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Irrelevant.
    The data means nothing because it has no real world application. If gear shrinks the gap by even 5% that is enough to worry about. And with Warriors supposedly starting to wear leather armor because dex scales better than str I'd be willing to bet the scaling gap would be more than 5%.

I mean are you seriously suggesting Trion makes balancing decisions based on naked characters doing arbitrary numbers on a test dummy? Seriously?
    Is your view of classes really that warped? There is something clearly wrong with this picture if its takes a rogue 13 more seconds, over double the time of a warrior and mage to do the same damage regardless of gear and whoever the target may be. If your honestly suggesting the gear they wear will close the gap by over 100% then you are so severely wrong.

Feel sorry for you bud.
    Last edited by Dhboy123; 04-03-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Champion of Telara

Testing burst is all well and good, but sustained dps is more important for PvE.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Is your view of classes really that warped? There is something clearly wrong with this picture if its takes a rogue 13 more seconds, over double the time of a warrior and mage to do the same damage regardless of gear and whoever the target may be. If your honestly suggesting the gear they wear will close the gap by over 100% then you are so severely wrong.

Feel sorry for you bud.
    No, no, no.
    There is something wrong with Rogues. A lot wrong with Rogues.

But just because there is something wrong doesn't mean that every 15 second target dummy someone pulled out of their rear end is worth anything.

Rogues are in a bad place, but this test is garbage and is of no use to anyone for coming to any conclusion at all.

I know that you automatically assumed that because I said this half assed worthless test isn't worth paying attention to that I'm some Warrior/Mage apologist, but that's you're fault not mine, and it's because of this ridiculous "You either on my side about everything or your my enemy" mentality thats all over the internet.

In short,
    Rogue dps is too low right now.
    This test is pointless crap and should be ignored by everyone.
    Last edited by Mr Malingers; 04-03-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Funny you would say this when in FACT Rogs do not scale very well at all. AP means hardly anything to a Rog because most soul "finishers" are based on AP and AP sucks or is broken. Final Blow is suppose to be 100% AP bonus finisher. 100AP = 8 more dmg. Not DPS dmg per Final Blow hit. Only thing Rogs do gain any thing off of is crit and wpn dmg. But then again Rogs gain less off weapon dmg than Warriors.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Testing burst is all well and good, but sustained dps is more important for PvE.
    +1 I'd ask the person to do a different test: damage done by each calling after 3 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread