+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question to healers.

Default Question to healers.

Do you think that you should be able to outlive a dps class using all of its tools on you with heals alone?

Or should you be required to use everything in your arsenal to come out on top, this includes defensive CDs, CC, and kiting/LoSing.

Curious what you healers in the community think.

Just seems to me they have this Idea that heals should trump everything.

My personal opinion is that a healer should outlive any dps one on one however a healer should not be able to kill said dps -- basically it would come out to a stale mate.

Quote Originally Posted by abstarns View Post
    My personal opinion is that a healer should outlive any dps one on one however a healer should not be able to kill said dps -- basically it would come out to a stale mate.
    Without using CC/CDs/Kiting & LoS?

Logic seems rather flawed and would actually take away from team play.

Shameless bump before ZZZZ

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

A healer who is using their spells to keep themselves alive through the DPS are not killing anything, so it's a complete stalemate, and that's how it should be.

It comes down to proper timing on both ends, making the right choices. Kind of like chess, but at a faster pace.

Telaran

I think a healer using just his healing spells should not outlast a dps using CC and interupts. As a healer, I can say that I have been killed many times by being CC'd. I do believe that a healer should be able to heal through any dps sent his way, however. If a DPS isn't using silences/interrupts/cc I don't think they should be able to kill a healer. If a compitent healer can't heal through a single players damage, their warfront spot is better used for more damage.

Telaran

I think a DPS using all their cooldowns should not be able to kill a healer who is using all their cooldowns/CC/CC breaks..... everything. I mean if both are using everything they have why shouldnt it come out even? Its really just comes down to timing your cooldowns according to which cooldowns you have left/which cooldowns the other person is using at the time.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Osmald View Post
    I think a DPS using all their cooldowns should not be able to kill a healer who is using all their cooldowns/CC/CC breaks..... everything. I mean if both are using everything they have why shouldnt it come out even? Its really just comes down to timing your cooldowns according to which cooldowns you have left/which cooldowns the other person is using at the time.
    because its not even.
    even if you do 100 damage per hour to me,i will die because you are keeping yourself full hp while i cant heal myself.

Prophet of Telara

vs a pure dps class with limited CC and no healing debuffs the healer should be able to survive through heals alone.

if this wasn't the case, then vs other classes that can CC you, heal debuff you, interrupt you, mana drain you, the healer wouldn't even have a chance.

a healer should be stronger than a pure dps and weaker to a more CC focused clsss.

if they nerf heal/buff dps so that a dps with damage cds can kill a healer who is not using his defencive cds then vs an opponent that can do the above stuff will mean death to the healer. Meaning that the healer would be even with some classes, worse than others, and better to no-one.. which is not balanced.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Do you think that you should be able to outlive a dps class using all of its tools on you with heals alone?

Or should you be required to use everything in your arsenal to come out on top, this includes defensive CDs, CC, and kiting/LoSing.

As a cleric I would expect an outcome that = 50-50. Happy now?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post

If the healer is a pure heal build, then nothing out there should be able to kill this build. However, this build also shouldnt be able to hurt anything really. Those are the rules of give and take and those are based on the two extremes of a calling (or class in other games) If you break this rule by design then the imbalance starts and spreads out over the other classes/callings. Thats why an untouchable healer extreme is a very valuable cornerstone in a game. From here on you can balance all in a proper way.

Ascendant

Assassins specced right can drop a cleric in pure heal build relatively easy even if the cleric uses all thier tools in thier arsenal on themselves to stay alive. Given the sacrifice otherwise the assassin makes, this is most likely fair.

However, in most cases a pure healing build cleric will have no CC to speak of save for a knockback/silence as those abilities exist in the DPS souls (seems backwards to me, but whatever). If they are healing themselves to stay alive through another classes damage, then they arent healing anyone else.

Despite populare belief, this is not a 1v1 game. Whether or not a cleric can survive your dps for 30 minutes while pecking away with his water pistol and ultimately kill you ...is well, completely irrelevant. In the grand scheme of things, you ultimately cancel each other out ...and in the big picture of things, in real fights, you just prevented that cleric from healing 10 other people, allowing more opportunity for your team to when a fight.
    Irony - Pathiss

Yes, I believe the healer should win that fight every time, because a healer who can't keep one person (be it themselves or someone else) alive through the damage from one source isn't of much use (the healing that is, not the person). The only way a non-healer should be able to beat a healer is to survive long enough to run them out of mana.

Not all builds are meant to beat all other builds one vs. one.

Shadowlander

Healing per second should certainly be higher than damage per second. Dps classes have plenty of tools to turn the tide. Stuns, interrupts, knockbacks, pushback on healing spells, cc, healing reduction skills, mana drains. If it becomes a stalemate then every other class will run a cleric out of mana and they will die eventually.

If a cleric can't keep one person alive through the dps of a single person then they are completely useless.

I normally play pure healer clerics in pvp but abandoned mine because the hps and burst healing just seemed weak in rift. People that complain about healers in warfronts probably suck or just don't realize what's going on. As a healer I will do everything in my power to keep another healer in a wf alive. We look after eachother.

If I live through one good stun it was usually due to help from another player or me burning multiple cooldowns or kiting long enough to get some more healing working.

Shadowlander

To answer OP question, it depends on builds of both sides. As it is in game there are possible antihealer (with dominator for example) builds that totaly own healer no matter what his spec is. Mana drains own healers (at least Clerics). Becouse of this I think healer should have advantage over some generic dps build, if not , remove anti healer builds from game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast