+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1.1 is a perfect example as to why you should fix bugs BEFORE balance.

Default 1.1 is a perfect example as to why you should fix bugs BEFORE balance.

1.1 is a perfect example for (PVP) MMO history of why it is always preached to fix class-specific combat-related bugs BEFORE making any balance changes.

Pyros/Clerics seemed manageable before 1.1 because warriors could counter them with massive burst damage due to some borked armor pen. The only 1.1 fix should have been armor pen, period. Then let that play out and see where things are. Instead they fix that and then make changes to ranged attacks, titan strike, increasing cloth armor, etc.

Now pyros aren't dying as fast and player getting healed are staying alive thus making pyros and clerics appear very powerful and now dps souls (not just wars/rogues) are asking for heal/pyro nerfs.

Now they have to make another pass and either re-buff warriors or nerf pyro mechanics such as GoS, when things might have been fine if they just fixed armor pen, took SLI off GCD and left it at that.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-03-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    1.1 is a perfect example for (PVP) MMO history of why it is always preached to fix class-specific combat-related bugs BEFORE making any balance changes.

Pyros/Clerics seemed manageable before 1.1 because warriors could counter them with massive burst damage due to some borked armor pen. The only 1.1 fix should have been armor pen, period. Then let that play out and see where things are. Instead they fix that and then make changes to ranged attacks, titan strike, increasing cloth armor, etc.

Now pyros aren't dying as fast and player getting healed are staying alive thus making pyros and clerics appear very powerful and now dps souls (not just wars/rogues) are asking for heal/pyro nerfs.

Now they have to make another pass and either re-buff warriors or nerf pyro mechanics such as GoS, when things might have been fine if they just fixed armor pen, took SLI off GCD and left it at that.

That should always be the case. Fix bugs first. See where everything is at, then balance.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I still want to know why they didn't fix the paragon bug that was in existance since beta.

Personally I think the devs left it in to create warriors are OP outcry on the forum so they can come around, nerf war to hell and on with the age of bright wizards.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Complain. Send feedback every time you die in a Titan's Strike or get one-shot by Blast Charge and are waiting to respawn. Complain in the forums. Start threads outside of the Mage forum. Actively discredit Warriors and Rogues who would keep us down. Don't try to be mature or the "good guy" and stay quiet. It never works. Rift Mage Forum Link

Prophet of Telara

Pyros will be fine, right after they put Rogue dps above Warrior where it should be. We'll kill the bogeymen for you.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    That should always be the case. Fix bugs first. See where everything is at, then balance.
    One of the main problems is they have no idea that a lot of these bugs exist. Not because they are not being reported, but because they are not reading bug reports.

you would think yet there are still bugs in place in the warrior trees they made a balance pass through

Rift Disciple

Agree with OP 100% as a result of the multiple rash changes to all callings before fixing combat related bugs the game balance is in a worst place than before.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smurfpiss View Post
    Agree with OP 100% as a result of the multiple rash changes to all callings before fixing combat related bugs the game balance is in a worst place than before.
    - do a 1 on 1 with a good warrior with a none pyro mage and its a good 50:50 chance perfectly balanced
    - do a 1 on 1 vs a good cleric even with pyro you will not be able to kill him 95% of the time

in pvp enviorment one problem is the combo of doom warrior+pyro uncleansable healdebuff + uberburst dmg = death.

Shadowlander

The first sign that things were horribly wrong with their "Balancing" approach was nerfing MM damage across the board on every ability. That right there was totally insane, something I've never seen before in any MMO.

And where are MM now? In need of a damage buff of course.

Welcome to the clownshoes amateur hour.

Champion of Telara

They can't buff Warriors. Warriors still pump out more dps than any oother class (which is contrary to balance). They need to buff melee Rogues, and nerf Warriors a bit more.

They may need to look at GoS if people can't learn to deal with them. The mechanics are their to counter them, but it may be too hard for the average player to accomplish.

The funny thing is, Warriors told everyone pre-patch to get a team, work together and learn to play. Now that they have to push more than two buttons, they don't seem to want to take their own advice.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-03-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    They can't buff Warriors. Warriors still pump out more dps than any oother class (which is contrary to balance). They need to buff melee Rogues, and nerf Warriors a bit more.

They may need to look at GoS if people can't learn to deal with them. The mechanics are their to counter them, but it may be too hard for the average player to accomplish.

The funny thing is, Warriors told everyone pre-patch to get a team, work together and learn to play. Now that they have to push more than two buttons, they don't seem to want to take their own advice.
    Warriors dps prepatch was due to a bug. Bug fixed and some dps nerfed as well. The problem isn't in the dps nerf, it's in the heals and other soul defining abilities.

I agree rogues need some dps buff. I don't agree with wanting another class nerfed because yours suck. It makes you an mmo A-hole just like them people in my signature.
    Last edited by Phillip; 04-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Complain. Send feedback every time you die in a Titan's Strike or get one-shot by Blast Charge and are waiting to respawn. Complain in the forums. Start threads outside of the Mage forum. Actively discredit Warriors and Rogues who would keep us down. Don't try to be mature or the "good guy" and stay quiet. It never works. Rift Mage Forum Link

Plane Touched

Are you serious.... buff rogues... and nerf warriors... Rogues do more damage than warriors and are already able to kill warriors in 1v1.
    If anything they need to rollback the patch and fix armor penetration and nerf the hell out of rogues and champions. Everything else is fine.
    Last edited by 3dGrunge; 04-03-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Jesus brad, when I look at your post history you are saying the exact same thing in 20 different posts. What is your agenda?

Rift Disciple

Can you honestly say you will know when all the bugs have been fixed? Will an angel come down from heaven and tell you, "Your game is now bug-free, you can start balancing."?
    Last edited by rainyman; 04-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Plane Touched

This better be some sort of joke. My server already has no warriors and no one has any warriors between 15 and 35. Takes days... DAYS to find a group for IT if I don't request my guild memebers to help. I have never played a game so saturated with rogues and healers.

I am still hoping 1.1 was some sort of april fools joke.
    Last edited by Eorith; 04-04-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Quoting a malicious rumor that was removed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast