trion you need to hire me.

Reduce all damage done to the mage by 50%? kthx

Derp.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Styxi View Post

Derp.
    By

when people says damage done is the damage done by you,damage taken is the damage taken from other players.

Rift Disciple

Gersh is smiling

Plane Touched

Yeah I wish they would have never hired this Gersh guy. Sounds like he might be responsible for the state of the game right now, or at least partially in some significant way.

The only spells pyros have that do really high damage (which I assume is why you'd want such a ludicrous nerf) are more easily and fairly addressed by dealing with stacking buffs being added properly. The way they add now makes them far more destructive than they should be.

GoS was never intended to let the mage turtle up and survive people beating on him. It was intended to give the mage a chance to stand firm and cast his spells to put out some damage and actually survive for a few seconds while doing it.

Additive math makes both mitigation and damage buffs way too effective. Fix that, leave pyros alone.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    easy fix.
    trion you need to hire me.
    Blizzard might hire you since that idea was clearly already suggested.....Wonder who could have suggested it? >.>

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Chaser

I've dabbled with pyro. I dabble with all classes and souls actually, and honestly, I just think removing GoS would be enough. Let them be the class cannons they should be. Damage remains high, but they are now squishy like they should be. They have CC options to help survive or counter.

bad idea is bad

it can still be abused by weaving in and out of the GoS
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Styxi View Post

Derp.
    This trolling here is appropriate. Gersh heard you, son. Be careful what you ask for.

MORE TROLLING: Pyros should be able to self-heal themselves so you don't need clerics backing them up anymore and can just have a battlefield full of pyros.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shardy View Post
    This trolling here is appropriate. Gersh heard you, son. Be careful what you ask for.

MORE TROLLING: Pyros should be able to self-heal themselves so you don't need clerics backing them up anymore and can just have a battlefield full of pyros.
    sounds great!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Additive math makes both mitigation and damage buffs way too effective. Fix that, leave pyros alone.
    Additive math makes increases weaker and reductions stronger. Damage reduction needs fixed badly, i'd go so far as to say it's worse than the armor pen bugs. I don't know if damage buffs add or multiply, but they would probably be better off additive so they don't get too out of hand in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Haette; 04-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

WATCH YOUR TROLLING SON!

Trion "listens" to the community, this will be in the next patch!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Haette View Post
    Additive math makes increases weaker and reductions stronger. Damage reduction needs fixed badly, i'd go so far as to say it's worse than the armor pen bugs. I don't know if damage buffs add or multiply, but they would probably be better off additive so they don't get too out of hand in the opposite direction.
    I was saying that the additive damage reduction NEEDED fixes weeks before the last patch. Some people where saying much longer than i was. Nothing was done. It is really really really crap management and crap design and crap game to have it work this way.

I canceled my account. I don't care what they change, i will not be back unless i see MONTHS of a good track record and proof that the people responsible for running this game off the cliff have been dealt with. They can have pay cut for a time. They can lose bonuses. They can be fired.

They could be forced to ONLY play bladedancer main spec in the game with no buffs for months. Something.

I will be playing other games.

I will be watching these forums and smiling as the game dies more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    bad idea is bad

it can still be abused by weaving in and out of the GoS
    at least that takes a little effort.
    Last edited by ComaXO; 04-03-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast