+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure what my class is for anymore..

Default Not sure what my class is for anymore..

I'm currently playing as a Defensive Warrior for tanking.
    However as of late im not sure if leveling this toon is worthwhile.

I wanted to be a viable tank at lvl 50. But lots of people are babbling and rambling on about Clerics being better tanks because they can also heal or dps on the fly?
    I do not not this for sure becuase i have not leveled a Cleric class...

But i would like some valid imput to this, because as of late ive even been removed from group; before the instance even started being told oh sorry "but we got a cleric who wants to tank"

Is this happening alot? Am i just having a stream of bad luck? or is there something else going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post

I wanted to be a viable tank at lvl 50. But lots of people are babbling and rambling on about Clerics being better tanks because they can also heal or dps on the fly?

But i would like some valid imput to this, because as of late ive even been removed from group; before the instance even started being told oh sorry "but we got a cleric who wants to tank"

Is this happening alot? Am i just having a stream of bad luck? or is there something else going on here?
    Find less ******ed groups.

Or keep a DPS role. You have 4 roles. Use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

Theres no problem with tank warriors, they are awesome. Bad luck dude, you just joined a group of morons.

Dont know anything about clerics, but the tank's duty its to hold agro on all the enemies threatening the party, not to dps or heal (even 'on the fly'), these tasks are responsability of the rest of your party not yours.

Better luck next time
    "Sometimes you have to go halfway around the world to come full circle"

Maybe the group who kicked you out were expecting you to DPS? After all, no 5-man needs 2 tanks.

Well, I actually got to talk to one of the people who kicked me, and while the chit chat was..well polite, i still found it bogus..

I have no problems holding aggro, I like my tank, If i didnt like tnaking i would not of rolled him..

And two answer both comments,

I was supposed to "BE" the tank, i was ASKED to tank and accepted that roll.
    And yes, seems im just having a stroll of bad luck with grouping. Even my guildmates think its total horsecrap about the garbage people are spilling over the channels about clerics being superior to warriors now.

Honestly, Ill just stick to guild grouping.
    More time playing and less time of me QQ'ing on forums...

Shadowlander

Well, I actually got to talk to one of the people who kicked me, and while the chit chat was..well polite, i still found it bogus..

I have no problems holding aggro, I like my tank, If i didnt like tnaking i would not of rolled him..

And yes, seems im just having a stroll of bad luck with grouping. Even my guildmates think its total horsecrap about the garbage people are spilling over the channels about clerics being superior to warriors now.

Never had a problem with a warrior tank. Cleric tank can have problems with mobs that knock them around as their aoe taunts are very weak. From what I've seen I would say warrior tanks are the best followed by rogue tanks and then clerics. The tank should not be worrying about healing if he is than the problem is with the healer.

Sure, cleric tanks make the healer's job easier, but frankly I haven't found one who could hold aggro on more than 2 mobs at a time. Maybe I've been grouping with noobs. Maybe not. I know the Reaver soul has been nerfed but it should still be able to heal itself moderately well. I dunno much about tanking builds but it sounds like a good soul to have, even if it was majorly nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

What level groups are you trying for - are these T1/T2?

Reason I ask is that I know things are significantly different from the lower levels which may make my statements invalid.

I have a cleric and warrior not yet 50 but getting there - however after 1.1 I switched my tank build over to my cleric.

The difference is quite significant and very noticable.

My Reaver/Pal build after the patch seemed to struggle with holding aggro no matter how much I altered my points around and with the nerf on Reaver healing and Pali, I was having to drink constantly.

My Justicar however, is plowing through the same mobs without any difficulty in either holding aggro or healing

Sad really as I expected the Justicar to be sub par to warrior main tanking
    Last edited by Liandral; 04-03-2011 at 11:32 AM.

I am level 38 atm im currently 32 points in the pally line for lights decree, and a few points in reaver and warlord. I am noticing tho that while tanking for my guild today in both FC and kings breach, that Im having a bit of trouble holding aggro on multiple mobs, a problem i did not have before..

And before anyones says your just bad L2tank..
    Before the patch I was holding group mobs very well...No it seems like the littlest thing drags a mob of mee and peels to a healer or another dps...

Im really not sure whats going on, We brought a cleric in with us from guild to run KB and hes lvl 38 as well..
    And not only was he able to heal himself, But was able to keep mobs on him like they were glued to him.

Ill dibble and dabble abit more in my tank lines, and mess around more with my rotation's not gonna give up just yet..
    But if others our having an EASY time tanking at my level, please share your input with me, im always up for taking in some advice if its going to help me tank better or hold aggro more efficently...
    I origanaly like the paladin soul line, it worked fine for me for awhile. But now i guess im not sure.

Rift Chaser

In all seriousness, stick with your warrior. Our MT is a warrior and his damage mitigation is freakin' amazing. The reason why clerics have heals as backup, is because their mitigation isn't quite as good as a warrior's. Also, pally specs get a full heal cd that is amazing in tight situations.
    Silerius - 50 Cleric (Dayblind)

Plane Walker

You had the bad luck of running into either idiots or people who took a friend over you. I will say I notice my Riftstalker has a much easier time holding agro over warriors. I figure its becuase warriors have a harder job building a propper spec then Riftstalkers do.

+ Reply to Thread