+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People crying for nerfs...

Soulwalker

Default People crying for nerfs...

...remind of me Terminators:

They can't be bargained with, they can't be reasoned with, they don't know pity, or remorse, or fear... and they absolutely will not stop - EVER - until you are nerfed.

Remember, They'll be back.

They never left.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

said mage....

I don't want nerfs to mages/cleric. I want rogues/wars to be buffed again. I especially want the rogue DPS souls to be buffed.

I don't f-ing care how effective/OP/easy the other classes are to play, I rogues to be strong again too, so I can compete.

And this is why I am continually annoyed at MMO companies. They nerf, nerf, nerf, game gets dull/boring. Why not buff the weaker classes? Why do you have to keep taking away again and again?
    Last edited by Slic; 04-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    And this is why I am continually annoyed at MMO companies. They nerf, nerf, nerf, game gets dull/boring. Why not buff the weaker classes? Why do you have to keep taking away again and again?
    Because of something called PvE content. Simpler to nerf 1 class than to buff everything, including mobs.
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mercykiller101 View Post
    Because of something called PvE content. Simpler to nerf 1 class than to buff everything, including mobs.
    The only problem with that is it doesn't really effect PVE content. So you have a raid and mages are the strongest class. Rogues are the weakest. It's very simple just bring all mages. You can bring one rogue to be a bard out of pity. No PVE changes were made.

Now if mages are weak and rogues are strong just do the opposite. You bring all rogues and maybe one cholro mage out of pity. No PVE changes were made.

Now if both were strong you can have a mix of both and everyone is happy but, that just never happens. Instead new MMOs die quite quickly after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping View Post
    The only problem with that is it doesn't really effect PVE content. So you have a raid and mages are the strongest class. Rogues are the weakest. It's very simple just bring all mages. You can bring one rogue to be a bard out of pity. No PVE changes were made.

Now if mages are weak and rogues are strong just do the opposite. You bring all rogues and maybe one cholro mage out of pity. No PVE changes were made.

Now if both were strong you can have a mix of both and everyone is happy but, that just never happens. Instead new MMOs die quite quickly after the first month.
    Pretty sure WoW had/HAS problems with class balance and it's still going strong. There were some nerfs during the first few months as well.

Yeah it sucks when your spec gets nerfed and loses the competitive edge, you'd think that with the soul system it's be as simple as re-speccing, but it's not always that easy.

What i meant is that if one class/spec really is overpowered, and the devs tried to make the other classes its equal( and more likely than not actually surpassing it with some builds), then you'd have to adjust the difficulty of PvE content.

So I can understand why they choose to nerf rather than buff, sometimes it does seem they go overboard with the nerfs though(rogue tanks from 30% more healing to 6%, chloros from 30% proc chance for radiant spores to 16%)

General of Telara

i think the warrior mostly fine , except perhaps a soul or two.
    i think the cleric is perfect
    i think the mage still need some tweaking, not buff , not nerf
    i think the rogue need a good buff

the mage should be putting the best dps of all but must be squishy and have good CC. Thats what he is now but some souls still have problem and people QQ for GoS.

Cleric seem always good, perhaps a little little buff to druid.

Warrior warlord soul still isnt 51 point viable. VK shield was perhaps hit a little too hard and reaver would need better defense for tanking 51 point in.

Rogue well it speak for itself, they should already do better damage then warrior and its not the case.

+ Reply to Thread