+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyros don't win battlegrounds

Soulwalker

Default Pyros don't win battlegrounds

Any battleground I've played so far is a lost cause without decent healers. I've tried Pyro and it seems like a poor contributor overall. Sure if you want to go for top damage and kills it's fine, but I have much more fun being a Chloromancer and getting top on the heals chart. And when that happens you can be sure 90% of the time we won the match. It's challenging, enjoyable and very useful to the team.

Shadowlander

I often top healing chart on my side with something around 3k healed. Riftblade.

Rift Disciple

If you play healer/chloromancer/bard it's shure that you increase yout TEAM possibility to win, but that isn't because the Pyro is a DD class. Pyro is the actually top of the top in damage and kill speed.

It's shure that if you kill 3 enemy and 4 of your party member die you lose the WF, and if you heal them they can kill 3 enemy and don't be killed.
    But that isn't because the Pyro is only a DD class, right?

Whitout clerics no one can win a WF. In WF/PvP who have the bigger number of healers in party win.
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Rift Master

prior to 1.1 champ/para didn't win WF's only clerics. post 1.1 pyros don't win WF's only clerics.

i would love to see the clerics try and win a WF's healing bunnies as their dps. clerics are also as good at the dps they are healing.

prior to 1.1 champ/para was overtuned and was hurting the game. post 1.1 pyro is overtuned and hurting the game.

you are using a diversion tactic. it doesn't matter if pyros win WF or not. they are overtuned and are the best pvp dps around.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    ... and are the best pvp dps around.
    Is that a bad thing? Someone has to be the best dps soul.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by oellph View Post
    all dps souls should have equal potential to do high dps otherwise you might as well just have pyro dps and nothing else. so no soul should have "the best" it should be based off skill ,gear, ect

Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    all dps souls should have equal potential to do high dps otherwise you might as well just have pyro dps and nothing else. so no soul should have "the best" it should be based off skill ,gear, ect

My warrior should be able to wear armor with the highest AP, have the naturally largest HP pool by design and still be able to generate the same DPS as cloth wearers with 40% of our HP
    Last edited by McWaffle; 04-03-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post

My warrior should be able to wear armor with the highest AP, have the naturally largest HP pool by design and still be able to generate the same DPS as cloth wearers with 40% of our HP
    yup bcz your close range and thier ranged so of course ur gonna need more hp your more proned to get hit than they do

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post

The best part is that people who pretend to attack others for being "mad bro" or for "crying" are often the most socially malformed people around. Not only that they are typically very fragile individuals. Grats on that.

So is it bad that pyros are the best pvp dps? I congratulate the individual who ask for being willing to admit it. I also want to add that my post wasn't as clear as it could have been. This thread is about how pyro doesn't win WF so they are actually okay... or some crap like that.

It is NOT that pyro is the best pvp dps soul around... you are RIGHT... someone always will be. It doesn't have to be the class i play. I do have a mage though. I also have a warrior. I have lower level clerics and rogues as well.

The problem IS that pyro is not only the best pvp dps soul around they are GROSSLY OVERWHELMINGLY AND UNSEEMINGLY so. They are not just OP they are grotesquely OP. Champ/para used to be pretty sick as well, no doubt.

OP is one thing. Sickeningly OP is another.

People talked a great deal of uninformed smack about warrior armor. Of course it mitigates a ton of magic damage right? What is always left out is that pyro mages have BETTER physical mitigation than tank warriors. LOL.

Sickeningly OP. That is the problem.

Shadowlander

i rerolled a mage for sh*ts n giggles and spend all my time healing in pvp. We seem to win more

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Razrin View Post
    i rerolled a mage for sh*ts n giggles and spend all my time healing in pvp. We seem to win more
    I rolled the mage specifically for Chloro but with options to do things other than be a pure healer (which I think is one of Rifts strongest points). But when I've tried Pyro it just doesn't cut it and I swap back to Chloro. Only then does my contribution to the team go up dramatically and whether it's coincidence or not we tend to win more. Pyro seems like a very selfish soul.

What I'm trying to say is I doubt Trion care about individuals getting top kills or damage. Warfronts are about team play and strategy. My post isn't a defense of Pyros. Nerf them - I don't play one so in all honesty I couldn't care less. But merely that in the grand scheme of things I don't think they're that important.

Pyros don't win warfronts their fireballs do, thats how much skill they need, might as well be called the "I win" button.

Your right, Pyros (mages) don't win WFs...

But neither do healers, Warriors or Rogues.

Teamwork wins WFs.
    Last edited by Delphya; 04-03-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    prior to 1.1 champ/para didn't win WF's only clerics. post 1.1 pyros don't win WF's only clerics.

i would love to see the clerics try and win a WF's healing bunnies as their dps. clerics are also as good at the dps they are healing.

prior to 1.1 champ/para was overtuned and was hurting the game. post 1.1 pyro is overtuned and hurting the game.

you are using a diversion tactic. it doesn't matter if pyros win WF or not. they are overtuned and are the best pvp dps around.
    I don't think I've ever agreed with you before now. Everything about that post is correct and I play a mage, but I refuse to play pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by oellph View Post
    There shouldn't be a best dps soul. A highest dps soul, maybe, but you'll have to factor in playstyles. The problem isn't pyro has the best dps but the fact that they are the best by a very large margin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast