+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally Mages have 1 soul that's where it should be for pvp, 1.1 was a good patch

Default Finally Mages have 1 soul that's where it should be for pvp, 1.1 was a good patch

I play cleric warrior and rogue, mostly cleric.

In PvP
    Since the early betas the mages have basically been free favor to my dpsers and no threat to my healers. Finally mages have 1 soul in the 50's that can present similar levels of threat and danger as many rogue and warrior souls do, and it's good to see much better balance in place.

Ground of Strength offensive stun component is still vastly less dangerous CC than being ground-aoe snared in a ground-aoe silence by sabs for example. Champion aoe fear (that doesn't break on damage like other aoe fears it seems) is still vastly more powerful that GoS. VK and Warlord pull people into your ranks is still way more powerful etc. GoS can now actually often be a benefit, very short duration random not user selected stuns that help build up your immunity. I'm not sure what the problem people have with gos is, I guess it's a horrible shock to certain players to not be able to kill a mage in 2 gcd's anymore or something.

It would be nice to now see more mage builds actually elevated above their wheelchair status as free favour for terrible players.

In PvE
    Meanwhile in pve our top mage rogue and warrior players are all showing around the same dps so it seems pretty well balanced potential, unfortunately we do have a couple of rogues doing a half or third of the good dps and complaining rogues are broken now. Personally I wish they'd spend less time complaining and instead get some build & skills advice from our 2 rogues who top or close to top the parse all the time.

Cleric aoe dps is solid, and they can bring some useful utility builds, even after reparation being halved for targets, might be nice to see those clerics who give up all utility for dps being able to get closer to the same single target bracket as the rest of our dps.

Warrior ranged dps getting reduced cooldowns seems a good move, 4 seconds is an easy cycle

Would be nice to see the healing skills dropped down from healing 10 targets to healing 5 targets actually cover 5 pets for free on top, it's shouldn't be more effective to ask people to not run pet builds.

Overall 1.1 is a good patch, I was a bit gutted 3 out of 4 of my cleric builds had to go bye-bye due to changed skills making them ineffective but one adapts and moves on and we do seem a good step closer to overall balance.
    Last edited by Gradient; 04-02-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Rift Disciple

No. Just no.

I still think mages should get their paper defence they had before but keep their current dmg, how it is right now pyros have too much survivability and burst dmg.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    I play cleric warrior and rogue, mostly cleric.

In PvP
    Finally mages have 1 soul in the 50's that can present similar levels of threat and danger as many rogue souls do
    I stopped reading when you said rogue present similiar levels of threat as mages and warriors
    "We've got a particularly troublesome ability on Saboteurs that's causing them to do better damage in the game than anybody else." -- Scott Hartsman

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Librarian View Post
    I stopped reading when you said rogue present similiar levels of threat as mages and warriors
    right so you play a rogue and want it buffed?

Good rogues are dangerous, bad rogues aren't. Good pyros are dangerous, bad ones aren't. Same with warriors. I see very few good offensive clerics, but they can be dangerous too.
    Last edited by Gradient; 04-02-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Soulwalker

In PvP
    VK and Warlord pull people into your ranks is still way more powerful In PvE
    :O Did I just read that a Vk and Warlord are more powerful than a Pyro mage because they have a pull ability?

<--- mind has been officially blown to pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Pretndr01 View Post
    :O Did I just read that a Vk and Warlord are more powerful than a Pyro mage because they have a pull ability?

<--- mind has been officially blown to pieces
    Yep, blatant misdirection trying to point out the multiple souls needed to nullify his one over powered soul. It almost sounds like logic, but not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    Yep, blatant misdirection trying to point out the multiple souls needed to nullify his one over powered soul. It almost sounds like logic, but not.
    The skills I mentioned are vastly more dangerous on the battlefield to a healer cleric than pyro's little stun on gos. I actually sort of like little random stuns from enemies that build immunity, it helps me survive a planned stunlock from a rogue or warrior far better, doesn't do much about ebing snared in silence fields, pulled into enemy ranks or fearedwhich doesn't damage break, but it's a help none the less.

I think alot of the anti-mage crying comes from people who've never had to exercise any tactics or thought to win against mages, now they might have to against pyro's and it's doing their brains in. The sky must be falling and the game is broken if 3 presses of a dps spam macro doesn't kill all cloth wearers etc.
    Last edited by Gradient; 04-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

right so you play a rogue and want it buffed?

Good rogues are dangerous, bad rogues aren't. Good pyros are dangerous, bad ones aren't. Same with warriors. I see very few good offensive clerics, but they can be dangerous too.
    in all honestly on both my warrior and cleric i lol when a rogue attacks me it does so little

I sometimes play archon in pvp and enjoy dispelling their GoS. Yes, he can recast it IF he notices it but it costs him a GCD in which he wont do anything.
    I dread warriors much more than I fear the stationary, sort of predictable pyro.

The first day after 1.1 went live I played pyro, but i did not feel overpowered or unkillable. I still felt sort of fragile because I got targetted a lot, much more than with any other mage build.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

The skills I mentioned are vastly more dangerous on the battlefield to a healer cleric than pyro's little stun on gos. I actually sort of like little random stuns from enemies that build immunity, it helps me survive a planned stunlock from a rogue or warrior far better, doesn't do much about ebing snared in silence fields, pulled into enemy ranks or fearedwhich doesn't damage break, but it's a help none the less.

I think alot of the anti-mage crying comes from people who've never had to exercise any tactics or thought to win against mages, now they might have to against pyro's and it's doing their brains in. The sky must be falling and the game is broken if 3 presses of a dps spam macro doesn't kill all cloth wearers etc.
    So you are saying stuns and root ability that can be specced to not break from damage doesnt help you kite melee classes and a disarm ability that keeps you from being attacked by said melee classes doesnt help you at all? How odd.

When its only one build/soul that does all the damage its not really skill, its just OP. Thats why Sab and Champs got nerfed. Maybe your macros are better....

Iri
    Champion

OP, thank you. Seriously. After reading stupid thread after stupid thread, yours at least presents your opinions in an intelligent manner, even if it is pointless because of being completely unverifiable and based on subjective opinion.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    in all honestly on both my warrior and cleric i lol when a rogue attacks me it does so little
    You wanna duel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    OP, thank you. Seriously. After reading stupid thread after stupid thread, yours at least presents your opinions in an intelligent manner, even if it is pointless because of being completely unverifiable and based on subjective opinion.
    Yes pretty much all the foums is just unverifiable opinions apart from bug reports But in all seriuosness I have had a parser always running damage and heal figures since early beta, the buff the mage dps was incredibly slight at the 50's well geared levels, people who are crying are crying about losing some OPness to their classes or having a perception that mages got something.

It's a real shame Trion didn't get onto mages properly in like beta 2 when it was already obvious they had huge problems at low levels and in terms of pvp survival.

Yes pretty much all the foums is just unverifiable opinions apart from bug reports But in all seriuosness I have had a parser always running damage and heal figures since early beta, the buff the mage dps was incredibly slight at the 50's well geared levels, people who are crying are crying about losing some OPness to their classes or having a perception that mages got something.

It's a real shame Trion didn't get onto mages properly in like beta 2 when it was already obvious they had huge problems at low levels and in terms of pvp survival.
    Gradient speaks the truth. Plain an simple..Ive seen a slight increase in my dps. Yes with Wings and all the right conditions (in my scrub gear) I 'might" crit for for a little over 3K but these screenshots we are seeing (if they're not doctored) are from the minority NOT the majority.

As a pyro I get hit by other pyros quite often and haven't seen these 4k+-5k+ crits on me...so..obviously these super crits are from tweaks /high rankers against people without pvp souls to mitigate the damage.

I have even seen really GOOD Pyros in WFs and they're not hitting for those unbelievable numbers.

So..in summary I am guessing most of the crying is hype..all hype.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast