+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mage or cleric?

Soulwalker

Default mage or cleric?

strictly pve speaking, which is better end game as a full dps spec, and a full heal spec? overall? faster leveler? new to the game and the capabilities of these 2 classes interest me

Soulwalker

anyone? bueller?

Short answer: cleric.

long answer: you should roll a cleric

Soulwalker

Default None

If you don't chose warrior you will be greatly disappointed, due to the fact that pvp-wise\dps Warriors are far dominating the field than any other class.

You will be owned by warrior-faceroll.
    You will be eaten by warrior-faceroll.
    Warriors-faceroll are overpowered as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethena View Post
    If you don't chose warrior you will be greatly disappointed, due to the fact that pvp-wise\dps Warriors are far dominating the field than any other class.

You will be owned by warrior-faceroll.
    You will be eaten by warrior-faceroll.
    Warriors-faceroll are overpowered as hell.
    That is not absolutely true!
    I can faceroll warriors with my dom/chloro mage. I can heal myself easly with my cleric and get warriors become angry and telling me all the bad words possible (i love cross faction chat).
    In warfronts cooperation is way more important than single dps. I have lost some WF where we got healers and they dont just because we were not playing like a team.
    If the OP wants a pure dps he must roll a mage, if he wants a pure healer he must roll a cleric.
    Obviously chloro is a good healer (not so much now compared to clerics) and cleric could output a good dps too.
    Just chose your class and play it cause you like not cause is the FOTM.

Rift Disciple

Mage and mage?

Iri
    Champion

Having leveled a mage, I can tell you that it's a nightmarish pain. I have not leveled a cleric, so all I can do there is relay from several guildies who say it's not too bad.

As far as endgame usefulness, every raid out there will want two mages. Every guild out there will also want at least two clerics. However cleric has the option of filling more roles, so you should have an easier time securing a raid spot. If you're limiting yourself to pure heals and pure dps... well, don't. Even asking "Who heals better" is kind of dumb... they heal differently, so direct comparisons are of limited value.
    Last edited by Iri; 04-02-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossedd View Post
    strictly pve speaking, which is better end game as a full dps spec, and a full heal spec? overall? faster leveler? new to the game and the capabilities of these 2 classes interest me
    I'll answer point by point as best as I can:

Full DPS Spec: Mage -assuming same skill on single target.

Full Heal Spec: Cleric -assuming same skill total healing done.

Faster Leveler: Both - Cleric has the added advantage of being able to do it melee or caster.

I assume since you linked both you would look at Inquisitor being a caster DPS. Inquisitor is fast but take mana drinks and get ready for a massive boost once you hit 25 -that's when you can get the 45sec CD spell that makes the next cast 100% crit. Build is Inquisitor with Purifier and Sentinel. Shield then pull with Vex on all mobs, pop 100% crit then Soul Drain which is an AoE and BOOM every mobs is almost dead.

Mage I tried all builds and can say Necro main with rest points in Lock rock. You wanna get the feign death talent when you can and just pull the map, drop; your AoE, DoT as many mobs as you can and soul drain before you drop too low in HP...AoE again and soul drain again...that's it really.

Lock main and Chloro rest points also works, and is really fun to PvP with as you outlast anything in the game. You literally watch them slowly die while you have endless mana as you tap and heal...DoT tap and Heal...DoT fear, snare stun tap and heal..lol

Edit: Lock/Cholor build is not all lock rest choloro, rather a split. You wanna get all the dmg boosting talents from lock and rest goes chloro..several threads on these forums about it and even a cool video.

Rift Disciple

If you want to play the most boring class ever than go cleric. Boring dps, and healing.

+ Reply to Thread