+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Champ able to kick Pyro off GoS?

Default Champ able to kick Pyro off GoS?

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I did this in WF's last night. If a Pyro is in GoS (and immune to CC,) i was able to get Thunderous Kick to boot them off it. Afterwards it was much easier to smash their face in. Am I correct that Thunderous Kick does work, or was I overlooking something (like the mage being on GoP instead for some reason)?

Telaran

We tried both the Warlord pull and Wardens knockback to get a mage off the pad. Neither works. So much for having skills in game as counters. Moar useless hotkeys/skills plz!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Neocenturion View Post
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something as I did this in WF's last night. If a Pyro is in GoS (and immune to CC,) i was able to get Thunderous Kick to boot them off it. Afterwards it was much easier to smash their face in. Am I correct that Thunderous Kick does work, or was I overlooking something (like the mage being on GoP instead for some reason)?
    Even if they could, GoS has no cooldown. Recast.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    Even if they could, GoS has no cooldown. Recast.
    Thats like saying "Clerics can cast heal, theres no point attacking them."
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Defending pyros at this point is about the same as defending certain war souls pre 1.1

I'm not a pyro, but I'm not complaining. Any game is going to have op setups. I find it funny that the warriors/rogues are QQing nearly as much as mages/cleris were pre 1.1 Maybe if they pick it up some things can get a little better. Who cares to be honest. Balance is unobtainable.
    Last edited by Riftspike; 04-02-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Not looking for a debate on the OPness of Pyros. Just want to know if Thunderous Kick really does work while a Pyro is in GoS. I think there are plenty of threads talking about what doesn't work and debating if they are OP or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Thats like saying "Clerics can cast heal, theres no point attacking them."
    Its not saying that at all

its more like saying - There is no point in interrupting heals since they can recast
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Neocenturion View Post
    Not looking for a debate on the OPness of Pyros. Just want to know if Thunderous Kick really does work while a Pyro is in GoS. I think there are plenty of threads talking about what doesn't work and debating if they are OP or not.
    It's DOESN'T work when pyro in GoS! If it could be work mb 50%+ warriors doesn't qq on mage's damage absorb.
    Last edited by evilbrat; 04-02-2011 at 01:43 PM.

No, you can not kick them off of it. You can not pull them off of it either. The only recourse you have as a warrior is to go VK and dispel it. This will 9 times out of 10 take you two casts of dispel. Meaning you will have to find cover for 15 seconds.

You then have to hope they are either too stupid or don't notice it is gone and recast it since it has no cooldown and is very cheap to cast.

Plane Touched

some time ago, the void knight pull worked. i asked fellow guildy war yesterday he said it dont.

good

I don't know what class it was but I have been kicked or knocked out my GOS. It's happened about two times if my memory serves.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I don't know what class it was but I have been kicked or knocked out my GOS. It's happened about two times if my memory serves.
    Another mage i guess or rogue... But i m not sure because i playing warrior.
    Last edited by evilbrat; 04-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.

The Pyro circles have a really really small area of effect. It's to easy to look like you're standing in it when the game considers you to not be in it.
    The guy could have taken a step forward to try and get in range while remaining in the circle, not knowing that a step is usually all it takes to leave it.
    Last edited by nacho; 04-02-2011 at 02:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread