+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 51 points into one soul, ever really worth it?

Shadowlander

Default 51 points into one soul, ever really worth it?

I was just wondering what viable builds there might be that have 51 point in a single soul?

I currently play 51 Beastmaster/15 Champion build, and while I know my DPS will not be amazing compared to other soul combos, (especially since they nerfed alot of the Beastmasters abilities) but I enjoy having a pet that's virtually immune to AoE damage and that can apply "bite" to the target to increase raid damage.

Now I know my damage in PvP is terible, and most of the points I spent getting to 51 points are spent on useless abilities, but this made me wonder...

Most of the 51 abilities are terrible. Why not make them worth going deep into the tree? As it stands, I think balance is so difficult because there are so many great abilities that can be combined without going very deep into a soul tree.

For example, one of the best things the Beastmaster has going for it is to apply a 5% damage increase per bleed effect from the Beastmaster. This can potentially increase the damage a target receives by 25%.

You would think this would be something only attainable by going deep into the Beastmaster soul, but you only need to put around 21 points into the tree to get the greater primal companion, and 4 abilities that apply bleeding effects to a target pluse one that your pet can apply.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

I understand the great thing about multiple soul and ability combinations, but when some of those combinations make deep specialization worthless, and when it's so easy to get the "best" the class has to offer it makes me scratch my head.

Are other callings like this?

Sorry if my post makes no sense!

Shadowlander

You mean warrior specific or for all classes?

Rift Disciple

Pyro? LOL.

Since you asked about other callings I'll chime in about rogues. The only trees that are worth going the full 51 points for rogues are Bard and Riftstalker; the rest of them you're much better off branching out IMO.
    Athelfirth - Tank/DPS/Bard - Byriel

Cabalist 51 point ability is worthwhile. Can't recall the exact name, but Sign of Asias or so. It works a bit like virtuoso does for bards for those familiar with that.

so it would be
    1. decay to build 3 lurking decays
    2. maelstrom
    3. sign of asias
    4. obliterate
    5. tyranny ad nauseum til "sign" wears off (6 or 8 seconds)
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 04-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Plane Walker

for rogues i'd gues its only a bard thats worthwile to go 51 in.

other souls give you hardly any buffs. and the 51 point is 1 of your unique 2-3 buffs.

it regens mana power energy and charge (hence quite usefull )

and ye riftstalker but that only for the % health you get from improved guardian phase.
    Last edited by bahizret; 04-02-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by grifflyman View Post

I understand the great thing about multiple soul and ability combinations, but when some of those combinations make deep specialization worthless, and when it's so easy to get the "best" the class has to offer it makes me scratch my head.

Are other callings like this?

Sorry if my post makes no sense!
    If it was not like this then it wouldn't make any sense to have the tri soul system.Soul feat trees not classes and The point of game is to mix them up to form unique classes and if 51 points was the most valuable and not just really attractive why would anybody mix them up.

51 Riftblade is worth it because of how the soul is designed

Warriors... Not really, I do have a 51 rb build that works well in pvp/pve... With all the nerfs to rb damage you need that 65% burst.. That doesn't actually work.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

Sword of Telara

in rogues: assassin,NB,and even(when well played) BD
    are all worth 51 points

I like how in this game you don't have to go all the way into a tree to be effective, it allows for more effective combinations from all the trees combined. In WoW it was almost always one build with slight variation options, even more so in the latest expansion pack.

Justicar 51 point is nice. Never misses and heals up to 5 raid or party members for 300% of the damage done.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    are all worth 51 points
    the 51 point for NB sucks last I heard.

Thats probably closer to a 44 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    are all worth 51 points
    It's not worth going 51 points in Bladedancer or Night Blade. Stopping at 31 or less gets you most of what you could ever want from them souls.

There are too few advantages to going deep in Rogue souls. They need buff up the latter abilties in them trees.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Soulwalker

Rfitstalker because of improved rift guard.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Victus Tryggr Wolf View Post
    It's not worth going 51 points in Bladedancer or Night Blade. Stopping at 31 or less gets you most of what you could ever want from them souls.

There are too few advantages to going deep in Rogue souls. They need buff up the latter abilties in them trees.
    32 in nightblade for fell blades if you intend on PvP, 31 if you dont.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast