+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GoS Hype?

Shadowlander

Default GoS Hype?

What's with all the hoopla about GoS? Pyro's had this before 1.1 and you didn't complain about it then.

Or right, Saboteurs were nerfed and you guys need something else to complain about. Pyro's will get nerfed next and you will just move on to your newly chosen target.

The never ending merry-go-round of nerf bat happiness.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Decimatus View Post
    What's with all the hoopla about GoS? Pyro's had this before 1.1 and you didn't complain about it then.

Or right, Saboteurs were nerfed and you guys need something else to complain about. Pyro's will get nerfed next and you will just move on to your newly chosen target.

Only because noob mages didn't know how to play their class pre patch and came here to QQ about Champs/Sabs rolling them.

Next target: Inquisitor

Bookmark this post.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Decimatus View Post

Simple explanation, champs and sabs where overpowered (no denying it) but they kept pyros in check, at least in pug gameplay.
    There where a few premades that already used pyros and decimated everything before 1.1.

If this explanation is not enough and you canīt get your head around a simple checks and balances concept then I canīt help you though ;)
    Last edited by Balduran; 04-02-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Every time something gets knocked down a peg, the general playerbase will set its sight on the next higher peg until it gets knocked down as well. In a perfect world, this will lead to glorious, ideal balance. In the real world, it leads to bland classes and mediocrity.

Though in this case, Sabs and Paragons (people say champs, but the root of it was in Paragon) were causing problems because of bugs in their talents, for the most part. Pyro are "OP" (still not entirely agreeing on it personally) by design rather than on account of bugs. To me, the Pyro thing isn't nearly as bad as the Para-Champ/Sab thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Next target: Inquisitor

Bookmark this post.
    I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/Cheechy/inq1.jpg

#3 = Inq

800k dmg, 400k healing

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Sounds about right for a powerful Inquisicar mashing AOE. Though the healing potential has been slashed in half with the Justicar changes. People just LOVE to cluster up in Port Scion, which is ripe Drain Soul and Circle of Oblivion material.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Every time something gets knocked down a peg, the general playerbase will set its sight on the next higher peg until it gets knocked down as well. In a perfect world, this will lead to glorious, ideal balance. In the real world, it leads to bland classes and mediocrity.

Though in this case, Sabs and Paragons (people say champs, but the root of it was in Paragon) were causing problems because of bugs in their talents, for the most part. Pyro are "OP" (still not entirely agreeing on it personally) by design rather than on account of bugs. To me, the Pyro thing isn't nearly as bad as the Para-Champ/Sab thing.

Exactly. Pyros have been and always will be working as intended. Now that doesn't mean that I think additive math doesn't need to be corrected, which will help balance pyros against all classes and reduce rank 6 gear power ball 9k crits (that IS excessive), but the problem isn't pyros, it's the code.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread