+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Try a different class

Default Try a different class

A certain spirit crustacean on a certain other big MMO made a very good succinct point. There was a lot of whining, moaning and general unhappiness about class mechanics (as there always is - can't please all the people all the time).

"If you don't like the way a class works, its very possible you're playing the wrong class."

For example, if you like playing a rogue, have always played a rogue, and have come to Rift expecting certain things from rogues but aren't getting them, try another class.....

Seriously if you've never tried a mage or cleric or w/e in any other game, try one now.

All I'm saying is, rolling a calling or soul and then stubbornly sticking with it even though you aren't enjoying it, and demanding fixes to make it more like you want it (when other players like it the way it is) might be a waste of your time.

I'm not being an *** - I know people who have done this; rolled a healer, got stressed out with healing but refused to try tanking or dps. They simply weren't enjoying the game, but they were too narrow minded to even consider another role.
    Amiga 500
    512k + 512k upgrade
    80mb H.D.D
    2 x external 3 1/2" floppy drives
    Cruiser turbo joystick
    ^ ^ ^
    Best gaming machine ever made lols at your epeen pc rigs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Chenne View Post
    A certain spirit crustacean on a certain other big MMO made a very good succinct point. There was a lot of whining, moaning and general unhappiness about class mechanics (as there always is - can't please all the people all the time).

"If you don't like the way a class works, its very possible you're playing the wrong class."

For example, if you like playing a rogue, have always played a rogue, and have come to Rift expecting certain things from rogues but aren't getting them, try another class.....

Seriously if you've never tried a mage or cleric or w/e in any other game, try one now.

All I'm saying is, rolling a calling or soul and then stubbornly sticking with it even though you aren't enjoying it, and demanding fixes to make it more like you want it (when other players like it the way it is) might be a waste of your time.

I'm not being an *** - I know people who have done this; rolled a healer, got stressed out with healing but refused to try tanking or dps. They simply weren't enjoying the game, but they were too narrow minded to even consider another role.
    so all rogues should just reroll as its proven otu of so many parses and theory crafting that rogue dps is just the lowest there is atm ? (compared to other dps souls ofc)

Telaran

Hes saying if you liked rogues in other games, but finding yourself not liking rogue in this one, maybe another class/soul combination would give you what your looking for.

I.E., a healer that doesn't like cleric might enjoy bard or chloro.

I agree with the OP. I for one don't have much play time available (highest character: lvl 33) and I wore myself out with all of the beta events so I probably won't be re-rolling. For those people who have lvl 50's it probably wouldn't be a huge time issue to re-roll.

If you are really disappointed with the changes, start a character on the Alpha server and provide feedback so that your voice is heard before changes are finalized.

+ Reply to Thread