+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bards

Default Bards

Has anyone seen or heard anything which suggests that some form of the Bard class will be available, other than the guy holding a lute avatar?
    Last edited by Kithiel; 04-28-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Can't say much information has been given about the unreleased classes yet. So other than keeping your hopes up, there isn't much to go on about here :P. But a bard class would be an amazing asset to this game and its environment.
    Howdy

Tell me, please, what do you find so fascinating about the Bard class? I never really got why people like them so much so I'm wondering...

Not sure what bards are like in other games but I played one in Vanguard and liked being that support class that could bring a lot to a group and still do decent dps. Plus you got guitars and drums, got to be a rockstar.

Tell me, please, what do you find so fascinating about the Bard class? I never really got why people like them so much so I'm wondering...
    Bards in vg weren't support :P they where dps if played well :P But I always loved having one along since it was like the best buff bot at the time, for me a bard is a mix of utility and buffs combined with a reasonably amount of damage. This makes the class a very dynamic and deverse class to play which I think appeal to a lot of people.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    I never want to play one. But great to have in your group. A Swiss-army knife class and better than a taxi for geting places.

For me it's a combination of run speed, DPS, style, and the challenge of playing a complex class exceptionally.

Bards actually offered a unique set of skills to any given situation. They were the jack of many trades but master of none. For those that enjoy a support class, and many people do... the bard has excellent solo, group and raiding skills. I loved playing one in Everquest and would be welcomed in this community I'm sure if they decided to implement one.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil,
    for I am the baddest b**** in the valley"

I loved my EQ Bard, haven't played such a fun and useful class since in any game.

I love bards, they particularly rock in DDO. Having something similar here would be sweet!
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I see. Well, the biggest problem I've always had with Bards is likely their theme though. I simply do not like it.
    I would much rather have a rune caster, assassin or whatnot which could do the same though thematically a bit more.. 'serious'? I've always considered the Bard theme a little silly. Of course depending on the lore Bards could be assassins of sorts and quite serious but then I'd still prefer having them simply called 'Assassins' or such. I don't know, guess I just always thought songs of courage and valour were silly.

Champion

I guess the big problem with Bards is balancing, if it gets to the point sticking a bard on autofollow and run around as a buff bot is better that a full member to the group, their buffs are over the top. It's a nice class but don't make them so they are a "must have" for every group.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    I loved my EQ Bard, haven't played such a fun and useful class since in any game.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What liz said.....
    The other thing i loved about the bard was not anyone could play the class and be good at it. people that were good at playing a bard most of the time that was the only toon they played and didnt have alts. So thats why my toon was always maxd lvl and aditional aatribute points were max. dot remember if thats exactly what its called but all you old EQ players know what i mean

bards have always been fantastic utility/DPS... I am swaying heavily towards skipping my normal healer route and playing a bard should they be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    I see. Well, the biggest problem I've always had with Bards is likely their theme though. I simply do not like it.
    I would much rather have a rune caster, assassin or whatnot which could do the same though thematically a bit more.. 'serious'? I've always considered the Bard theme a little silly. Of course depending on the lore Bards could be assassins of sorts and quite serious but then I'd still prefer having them simply called 'Assassins' or such. I don't know, guess I just always thought songs of courage and valour were silly.
    did you ever play Dragon Age? i am particularly inspired by the 'bard'-y type feel from Leliana in that game. I like how they are all classified as "rogues", but the finer points of how they go about murdering and assaulting are where they differ. assassins are more "poison and stab" , bards are "distract and steal your purse while singing you a fluffy song about chocolate bunnies". I'd like to see some of that here... and when it comes to implementing them, i <3 the vanguard system but </3 that it's part of a game that went absolutely nowhere.

and truth, not all songs are about courage and valour - everquest2 has what we call dirges, conceptually they sing songs about mass murder and death. I have no problem mixing death with my chocolate bunnies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast