Single target dps.. not aoe.

So far from reading many threads today.

Single target dps seems to be..

War
    Mage
    Cleric
    Rogue

In that order.

QQ more War's... your still on top in raids.

ps. Fix rogues.

"waits for the mages are doing 1500 dps! replies"

The point of this thread... really...

post your DPS single target on Boss dummy.

Lets see some comparisons.!
    Last edited by Kiares; 04-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    50 Mage

Master Runecraft
    Master Outfitter

50 Cleric
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

9001 dps as a marksman
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kiares View Post

Single target dps seems to be..

War
    Mage
    Cleric
    Rogue

In that order.
    If that is true, and I think it is, then they have a lot of work to do. Warriors should never produce more dps than Mages or Rogues.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    If that is true, and I think it is, then they have a lot of work to do. Warriors should never produce more dps than Mages or Rogues.
    It is without a doubt the truth.

But, never fear, Rogues have STEALTH!

Why is that? Warriors provide 2 group functions, DPS and Tank. Rogues and Mages provide at least 3 group functions. Warriors only chance of getting in raids after the 2 tanks are there, is to bring exceptional dps.

You mean to say is that Mages should never produce more dps than Wars and Rogues
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    You mean to say is that Mages should never produce more dps than Wars and Rogues
    No, it is ludicrous to assert that the class with the best armor, the highest hp, and good cc ... should also have the best dps.

No one in their right mind would consider that balanced.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Why is that? Warriors provide 2 group functions, DPS and Tank. Rogues and Mages provide at least 3 group functions. Warriors only chance of getting in raids after the 2 tanks are there, is to bring exceptional dps.
    I agree. People need to stop bringing their pre-conceived notions from other MMO's about which archetype *should* do the most dps.

I'm not saying that everything is perfectly balanced right now (we all know it's not and probably never will be) but throw out all of the stereotypes you're bringing from other games. It's an incredible thing that they made Rogues able to tank, Mages able to heal, and Clerics able to heal and dps. Quit asking for what we've seen in every other MMO and accept that Rift is a unique game with unique class roles.

Edit.. Oh and Trion.. Please balance things better!
    Last edited by horsepepsi; 04-01-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Soulwalker

well i have played just about every MMO in the past 10-12 years (yeah I am old).

In general...

DPS Casters / Healer casters have least HP, lowest armor class, but they do the most damage / heal the most HP. Warrior/tanks generally have the most HP, the best armor, but do the least damage.

So.. If you graph out the DPS, Cloth wearing classes should be on top, plate on bottom, and everyone else should fit inbetween.
    Last edited by Gadflyii; 04-01-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
    well i have played just about every MMO in the past 10-12 years (yeah I am old).

In general...

DPS Casters / Healer casters have least HP, lowest armor class, but they do the most damage / heal the most HP. Warrior/tanks generally have the most HP, the best armor, but do the least damage.

So.. If you graph out the DPS, Cloth wearing classes should be on top, plate on bottom, and everyone else should fit inbetween.
    yeah, but usually the high armor/hp classes also make up for it by having good utility(besides meatshield) to provide. See: battle shout, auras

because of the soul system here, that same situation doesnt apply as much, especially given that 90% of buffs dont stack, and warriors dont have many to share anyways.

All dps specs need to be within a certain range of each other to truly be competitive, warrior/mage/cleric/rogue doesn't matter, if they're specced to dps they should be able compete with each other. As far as health/armor is concerned it doesn't matter, if you're not specced to tank and you take agro you die as fast as anyone else otherwise we'd have a bunch of DPS 'tanks'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Ascendant

In this game the class with least options should be the best at what it does warriors can tank and dps thats it they should be the best at those 2 things not by a lot but they should be. Mages can heal/dps/buff and provide PVE type CC. Rogues can tank/off heal/buff/dps both ranged and melee and provide PVE type CC. Clerics can tank/heal/dps ranged and melee/buff.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    All dps specs need to be within a certain range of each other to truly be competitive, warrior/mage/cleric/rogue doesn't matter, if they're specced to dps they should be able compete with each other. As far as health/armor is concerned it doesn't matter, if you're not specced to tank and you take agro you die as fast as anyone else otherwise we'd have a bunch of DPS 'tanks'.
    You would think everyone would agree with this statement, since everyone agrees with its corollary:

If you are not close in DPS to the best known DPS, you aren't really DPS.

If a warrior in plate has more passive mitigation than a rogue but they both do the same DPS (within a reasonable tolerance) than give the rogue some active mitigations that they can use to balance things out.

The tradeoff should not be DPS Warriors = Rogue DPS but more survivable. The rogue vs. Warrior calling is about Playstyle. Rogues are meant to be based upon active abilities and finesse. Warriors are more about brute force and passive mitigation.

A champion gets plate but a bladancer get an active ability to dodge 50% of the time for a short duration. If this was the trend then I would be OK with it. But its not.

Unfortunately this mechanics is actually better for warriors. A paragon can get quite alot of parry (75% for 10 seconds every 30 sec, BD 15% dodge for 20 sec every 2 minutes) and has many actively triggered mitigations. I believe its more than a bladeancer. Yet they also wear plate. And they get many similar utility abilites like sprinting fast. And do at least as much damage maybe more.

Why play a blade dancer in leather when you can play a paragon in plate? I don't mind having a warrior soul that has a playstyle similar to some rogues but either the BD needs more skills to give active mitigations or a Paragon needs to take an armor penalty under certain circumstances.

When you take to rather similar souls and compare them you can see there is a real a problem here IMO.

But its not damage. Outside of damage Paragon does most of the stuff a BD does. Even does it in similar ways while have clearly superior armor and even better passive avoid (9% parry vs 5% dodge).

They are not different way of achieveing the samething. They are the same way of achieveing the same thing and one does it clearly better.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    All dps specs need to be within a certain range of each other to truly be competitive, warrior/mage/cleric/rogue doesn't matter, if they're specced to dps they should be able compete with each other.
    this. all 4 callings must be near equal in DPS when they fully spec for DPS, otherwise the soul system is pointless.

Rift Disciple

this is rift take all your knowledge about other mmos and throw them out the door when it comes to what job should be doing what dmg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast