+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sab and Champ were just the fall guys so Pyro could go all Bright Wizard on us ;)

Default Sab and Champ were just the fall guys so Pyro could go all Bright Wizard on us ;)

I figured out your plan make sab and champ OP over here so nobody notices the Pyromancer transform into Bright Wizard over time.

Sab and champ were meant to be OP so we didn't notice the later skills in Pyromancer made them the new BW and then some.

But how could we know it doesn't even happen till endgame let the champs and sabs be OP at the start of thing but by the time the QQ over and you have your nerf planned for them so we will never notice you made bright wizard all over again huh huh?

Sab and Champ were OP and were meant to be so we never saw the fireballs about to be hurled at our faces.

Now of course we know there is no way there is some conspiracy to bring Bright Wizards back from MMO past. Its not like people from the former developer who made the game that introduced BW came here did better work got this game popular just to bring back one OP class they loved. They are gamers and business people they don't have some urge to do something so obsessive that most people would think they were insane. they would not go to such lengths just to see one class completely rejected by the community come back to life in a new way.No. NO WAY! they would never.

Now perhaps this is me speaking as a member of those who felt those fireballs and could do nothing to stop them in the past. Perhaps I have drawn up some wild conspiracy that one "grape" just wasn't good enough and that Bright Wizards demanded more and would find anyway to get it even waiting 3 years to sneak into a better game. No. NO WAY! they would never.

Now to you Pyromancers I dont think your OP all.I just think you love to do something that rhymes with grape and have been given all the tools to do so. Right now I think your the "I want my "grape" and I want it now!" class and there is just no saying NO!

Champion of Telara

When people complained about Warriors pre-patch, Warriors told them to get a team, use strategy, and learn to play. I wonder why they are not taking their own advice.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    When people complained about Warriors pre-patch, Warriors told them to get a team, use strategy, and learn to play. I wonder why they are not taking their own advice.
    Because we are clerics

This is about how I saw a conspiracy about how bright wizards moved and just changed their names re introduced themselves acted very weak then got out of hand and started throwing fireballs again.

others agree

Quote Originally Posted by CastorHoS View Post
    And now 3 bright wizards with a healer can lay waste to an entire side in a WF. Ohhh I mean pyro aka the new bright wizard.

Pyros just faceroll GoS and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    +1 This

BW cough Pyro needs to be fixed. No class should do 3x the damage of any other. Be immune to CC. AND have damage reduction better than platemail. FFS
    Last edited by Mainvein; 04-01-2011 at 02:47 AM.

snc
    Rift Disciple

3 weeks ago i stated how insanely strong mages were and people were still under the dillusion that mages were 'squishy' and easy to kill when in reality they are the hardest to kill and do the most dps/burst.

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    3 weeks ago i stated how insanely strong mages were and people were still under the dillusion that mages were 'squishy' and easy to kill when in reality they are the hardest to kill and do the most dps/burst.
    3 weeks ago these forums were full of nerf sabs and nerf warrior threads its a conspiracy to drown out those who saw the bright wizards coming.

We see you bright wizards more and more each day

Quote Originally Posted by Detharin View Post
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5...0331160323.jpg

So mythic when can we expect the BWs to be balanced. Oh wait, wrong game. So Trion, when can expect the Pyros to be balanced?
    Last edited by Mainvein; 04-01-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by snc View Post
    Three weeks ago Sabs and Champs were keeping Bright Wizards in check. Now that both of those classes have been nerfed and the Bright Wizard was left untouched, its emerged from the ashes like a majestic phoenix, rising up to dominate in all of its overpowered glory.

The same devs responsible for the ridiculous and broken class balance in warhammer are the same devs responsible for it in this game. Yes, its the same people. Yes, its obvious they didn't learn from their mistakes. By all means, keep nerfing already weak damage classes like Reavers (Swordmaster) while ignoring the weak link that is Marksman (Shadow Warrior) and continually buffing your pet project, the Pyro (Bright Wizard).

Nobody seeing history repeat itself here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Three weeks ago Sabs and Champs were keeping Bright Wizards in check. Now that both of those classes have been nerfed and the Bright Wizard was left untouched, its emerged from the ashes like a majestic phoenix, rising up to dominate in all of its overpowered glory.

The same devs responsible for the ridiculous and broken class balance in warhammer are the same devs responsible for it in this game. Yes, its the same people. Yes, its obvious they didn't learn from their mistakes. By all means, keep nerfing already weak damage classes like Reavers (Swordmaster) while ignoring the weak link that is Marksman (Shadow Warrior) and continually buffing your pet project, the Pyro (Bright Wizard).

Nobody seeing history repeat itself here?
    Swordmasters weren't weak at ALL dude. Spiritual damage (ignored armor) on the highest dmg 2-handers being wielded by tanks? Yes please!

But yeah. WAR: Top of the food chain: BW. Bottom of the food chain: Shadow warriors.
    RIFT: Top of the food chain: Pyro. Bottom of the food chain: Rogues.

Can't help but see a pattern.

What a ridiculous post.

First, as soon as people saw the 1.1 Alpha notes many players stated that Pyromancers would become the dominant/OP Soul once the patch hit. So if sneaking BWs into Rift was anybodies "plan" it failed before it was even executed.

Second, why would Trion repeat the mistake of WAR?: it's well known the BW was a complete farce in that game so why replicate it here and drive players away?

So can the conspiracy theories please; there's always going to be one (or a small number) of souls hogging the "OP" headlines and right now people are saying it's the Pyro. If the data and such backs up the hysteria they will get fixed.
    Last edited by Intruder313; 04-01-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post
    Swordmasters weren't weak at ALL dude. Spiritual damage (ignored armor) on the highest dmg 2-handers being wielded by tanks? Yes please!

But yeah. WAR: Top of the food chain: BW. Bottom of the food chain: Shadow warriors.
    RIFT: Top of the food chain: Pyro. Bottom of the food chain: Rogues.

Swordmasters started out as a decent class (much like Rift's Reaver) that was continually nerfed until there wasn't much left of it. Most of the Swordmaster nerfs were pointless and uncalled for (much like the Reaver) and left many people scratching their heads when all was said and done. And this cycle repeated itself continuously for two years.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder313 View Post
    Second, why would Trion repeat the mistake of WAR?: it's well known the BW was a complete farce in that game so why replicate it here and drive players away?
    Its the same dev dude. He did the exact same thing in War...he's also the same guy that went on record as saying that the BW was in no way overpowered, when yes, it was well known that the BW was a complete farce, as you put it. There are videos of him saying it on Youtube during dev interviews.

Same guy. Same broken classes. Same mistakes.
    Last edited by Vember; 04-01-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Of course Bright Wizards power came from their instant cast spells and their detonate ability (which was VERY similar to how Sabs were prior to 1.1).

A stationary Pyro is in no way, shape, or form similar to a Bright Wizard.

Riftblades are more similar in fact due to their instant cast fire attacks from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaz View Post

But yeah. WAR: Top of the food chain: BW. Bottom of the food chain: witch elves.
    RIFT: Top of the food chain: Pyro. Bottom of the food chain: Melee Rogues.

corrected that for you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    Of course Bright Wizards power came from their instant cast spells and their detonate ability (which was VERY similar to how Sabs were prior to 1.1).

A stationary Pyro is in no way, shape, or form similar to a Bright Wizard.

Riftblades are more similar in fact due to their instant cast fire attacks from range.
    Nay, Nay.

A stationary pyro is pretty much the exact same as the aoeing pyros of Warhammer. Sure the pyro is stuck in a spot, but not for very long with their fast recast timer.

Pyro=Bright wizard. Same stupid base class with same basic over powered abilities. Must mean old Gersch cant even face roll and must have need of e-***** roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Swordmasters started out as a decent class (much like Rift's Reaver) that was continually nerfed until there wasn't much left of it. Most of the Swordmaster nerfs were pointless and uncalled for (much like the Reaver) and left many people scratching their heads when all was said and done. And this cycle repeated itself continuously for two years.
    I didn't see a single nerf to them since early 2009 to early 2010 which was the time I played.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorHoS View Post
    Nay, Nay.

A stationary pyro is pretty much the exact same as the aoeing pyros of Warhammer. Sure the pyro is stuck in a spot, but not for very long with their fast recast timer.

Pyro=Bright wizard. Same stupid base class with same basic over powered abilities. Must mean old Gersch cant even face roll and must have need of e-***** roll.
    No, BWs were much more mobile than Pyros are, but had lower DPS. Never seen a BW one-shot anything, not even WEs, but they could run around killing dozens of players on the move with scorched earth spam + annihilate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast