+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why don't each of the classes have its own forum here?

Default Why don't each of the classes have its own forum here?

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but the annouced races each have a separate forum, why is this not the same for the classes too?

Races have little to discuss while class have TONs to discuss and we're all combined into 1 forum. Please fix

As it stands I believe it is too early for this, but I do see your point. I think the current Classes of Telara page is sufficient according to our current information and closer to release (with more details on classes) I think we will get a page for each calling.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Yuppers, we only know about a fraction of the souls, so separate forums is probably a bit premature.

How so... we know more classes then we do races

I do not think class / soul forums work really well after release let alone before release. I think it's probably best to split them by calling only. My experience is that there isn't much dicussion on official class forums going on anyway. Not even counting the countless classes flaming eachother or trolling the forums of eachother....

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but the annouced races each have a separate forum, why is this not the same for the classes too?

Races have little to discuss while class have TONs to discuss and we're all combined into 1 forum. Please fix
    Not all classes are confirmed yet and apparently there will be around 36 classes (can you immagine 36 new forum sections?)
    Probably there will be 1 section for each calling in the future, but that's about it.

then make 1 for each calling, not hard.

Thing is, they probably don't wanna bother til release, as right now, we only know 2 of each calling, except for Rogue, so just be patient, as we get closer to release, we are bound to get calling sections.

Exactly, besides what would be the point of making a class specific forum while we know little or nothing about the class, other than to discuss basic things? I have always viewed those types of forums as in-game strategic discussion, and as we know there is very little information about each class to have an entire sub-forum dedicated to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlight1 View Post
    Exactly, besides what would be the point of making a class specific forum while we know little or nothing about the class, other than to discuss basic things? I have always viewed those types of forums as in-game strategic discussion, and as we know there is very little information about each class to have an entire sub-forum dedicated to it now.

Exactly! This is exactly why we don't have calling sub-forums right now

Telaran

A few of us have already opened and launched a cleric community forum site for information and chatting for pre release and post release..... riftclerics.com!

That is shameless advertising!

We need more communities for the other three...or we just need to wait for launch

I would like to see them get that started too. They can just add on the others as they release them to us.

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago."
    - Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

With so few really hard facts known about classes and the soul system, it is way too soon for any class or archtype specific subforums, imho.
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

1) All the classes are not out yet,

2) There will be like 32 of them, unless you are talking about the 4 callings.

3) Because if they cut a class they probably do not feel like cutting an entire forum, and have to deal with people's bytching.

4) The game isn't even in BETA.

5) And even if they did it, you wouldn't have as much discussion because it would be decentralized.

6) What the **** would they talk about, not enough information is known to fill up more than 5 threads which would all be conjecture. See point 4.

7) This game's class system doesn't play like other games it would be useless to create static forums for each class because they change too easy. There is too much change within each of the callings.

8) It would have to be changed later when the game does come out because how are you going to have discussions about builds that uses almost equally 2 or 3 souls?

9) Because race actually does make a bigger difference because once you pick it I doubt you will be able to change it anytime soon, so if there are any racial they would be important.

10) We don't have enough information to have discussions about each of the callings, so in the end they would just end up as suggestion forums, which we already have.
    Last edited by Evereghalo; 07-27-2010 at 06:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast