+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.

Telaran

Default Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.

How to beat GoS...

Step 1) Dispell It
    Step 2) Kill Pyro in under the 1.5 seconds it would take to recast it. (Assuming he sees it drop.)

See how easy that was? Now, stop complaining. GoS is a powerful magic carpet that can easily be yanked out from under the caster. If it couldn't be dispelled, then I might entertain your ramblings.

The truth is that no one was rabidly campaigning for a GoS nerf until recently. Mages get a minor buff to damage and actually become somewhat viable on the battlefield and people go nuts. Why? Because NO ONE was afraid of mages before. After 1.1, mages can actually kill people and it isn't going over very well.

I am not saying that no one ever died to a mage before 1.1, but the truth is that all this one shot claims are grossly exaggerated. Stuff that can be accomplished with at 60 second buff from a power up don't really dictate what a class is capable of. Prior to 1.1, almost every single class could beat a pyro if they weren't using GoS.

Even post 1.1, I have had healers out heal heatwave fireball chains. (A single healer in a 1v1 mind you.) 90% of the complaining is warriors and rogues. Below level 44, mages are typically free favor to warriors and rogues. Now that it is no longer an easy win, the crybabies come out in force.

I get it guys, Riftblade got nerfed hard. You find yourself reeling now because you aren't beating the crap out of everyone. You feel cheated, you are frustrated, and you need to take it out on someone.

The bottom line, is that even in GoS, I have been easily dispatched by rogues. Just because you can no longer easily SOLO us, doesn't mean we are OP.

So, before you make another QQ post, just follow the 2 steps outlined above and get on with your life.

Thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    How to beat GoS...

Step 1) Dispell It

See how easy that was?
    lol, good luck with that.

*shrug* I'm still beating the crap out of people as a riftblade.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    *shrug* I'm still beating the crap out of people as a riftblade.
    Imagine that, an honest warrior who knows that GoS doesn't mean much if there isn't a healer spotting the pyro.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

We said the same thing to warriors.

Wanna beat a warrior? Just CC him.

Mages response? NERF NERF NERF.

CC was always possible.

Dispelling GoS is almost impossible in a team fight.

If you learned 2 play you woudn't be nerfed now, neither warriors.

Mages are reaping what they sow.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Airas View Post
    Dispelling GoS is almost impossible in a team fight.
    That is interesting, because mine gets dispelled quite often and I have died every single time before I could recast it.

Sword of Telara

How to beat GoS...

Step 1) Dispell It
    Step 2) Kill Pyro in under the 1.5 seconds it would take to recast it. (Assuming he sees it drop.)
    step 1)find a class that can dispell
    step 2)pray that the dispell will cancel the right buff 1 out of 10 that are on the mage,10% chance.
    step 3)repeat 1-2 till you succeed,also remember that dispell has 5-15 secs cooldown.
    step 4)after 2-3 minutes in which you tried to dispell you succeeded,now try to kill the mage
    step 5)you have noticed that the mage insta-stun you and recast the 1 sec cast time ground which took you just ****ing 120 seconds to dispell.
    step 6)just cry and wonder why wouldn't you have already died in the first 2 minutes of the dispell attempts.

Step 1) Dispell It
    Most souls don't have a dispell. Also dispells aren't spamable, GoS is. And if you can dispell you can't choose dispell GoS, anyone have 5+ buffs it's luck based.

Can be instant with the new buff, and only a Pyro can kill other players in under 1.5 sec. Not everyone is a Pyro yet.

Thanks.
    Np.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

And rogues have no dispel
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    And rogues have no dispel
    We have one but only dispell 1 buff with 30 sec CD. And if you don't have the defensive branch in PVP you are screwed so isn't really a viable option.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

If the mage has more then 1 buff up, its most likely that weak dispel will remove that one instead
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Telaran

I get it, so what this really all boils down to is that levels 1-43, mage was the one class that a rogue or champ could pretty much guarantee to stun lock and kill. They get FOURTY-THREE levels of WTFPWNING mages and then mages get a counter.

The ONLY way you would be happy, is if you could always WTFPWN mages. PERIOD. That is it. Nothing else will make you happy. You do not want a challenge, you want easy kills.

The reality is that I still have to move around. I still get caught by rogues and stunlocked and killed. GoS is a situational spell. It is good for defending an area, but it sucks for offensive attacks.

GoS is not an "I Win" button by any stretch of the imagination. There was an amazing rogue in Codex last night that took me out 1v1 several times. I have no idea what his build was, but it was apparently just sustained dps. There weren't any large spikes of damage, but he burned me down quickly despite GoS.

I get it, so what this really all boils down to is that levels 1-43, mage was the one class that a rogue or champ could pretty much guarantee to stun lock and kill. They get FOURTY-THREE levels of WTFPWNING mages and then mages get a counter.

The ONLY way you would be happy, is if you could always WTFPWN mages. PERIOD. That is it. Nothing else will make you happy. You do not want a challenge, you want easy kills.

The reality is that I still have to move around. I still get caught by rogues and stunlocked and killed. GoS is a situational spell. It is good for defending an area, but it sucks for offensive attacks.

GoS is not an "I Win" button by any stretch of the imagination. There was an amazing rogue in Codex last night that took me out 1v1 several times. I have no idea what his build was, but it was apparently just sustained dps. There weren't any large spikes of damage, but he burned me down quickly despite GoS.
    That's what good pvpers do. They actually play the game and burn pyros despite all this BS about them being OP. Bad ones just board warrior.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Just Sergeant's Call them off of their ground snare them stun them and kill them. I play a mage and I think GoS is a little bit of an overpowered skill. I am sorry that most warriors are champ/bm/paragon. Your dps was cut in half you guys are finally on par with us mages.

Any high nightblade spec should be able to win against a Pyromancer pretty much 100% of the time
    1v1.

Now if the Pyro is getting heals, then that requires a different strat then trying to 2v1.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast