+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    The truth is that no one was rabidly campaigning for a GoS nerf until recently. Mages get a minor buff to damage and actually become somewhat viable on the battlefield and people go nuts. Why? Because NO ONE was afraid of mages before. After 1.1, mages can actually kill people and it isn't going over very well.
    If my recently you mean the last two months sure. My guildies and I enjoy abusing it though .

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    I am glad they fixed Sab and Warrior burst damage to make PvP more strategy base than just target someone and drop them in 5 seconds.

But, even though Warriors and Sabs were OP in 1.0, they could still be CC'd to stop their dps and they were both very soft targets. Pyro mages are doing the same burst damage as pre-fix sab/warriors, while having better defense and being immune to CC. As for dispelling GoS, it has no cooldown and can be recast as fast than someone can throw a silence in there with a 1.5 GCD.

If you want to go Turret mode, then you should become a softer target. But with how the game works now, Mages are taking 80% less damage than other classes, while dealing the most damage.
    Pyromages are doing far more damage than prenerf Sabs or Champ. A sab needed at least 5 GCD to unleash a massive crit and the champ burst is all about RNG procs.

A pyro just push one button and people die.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Plane Touched

basically all thats changed is the posistion of qq'ing

warriors and rogues qqing they are now vastly underpowered

mages defending their posistion because they enjoy being op

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Whompy View Post
    basically all thats changed is the posistion of qq'ing

warriors and rogues qqing they are now vastly underpowered

mages defending their posistion because they enjoy being op
    And Clerics remain silent to stay under the radar and are more or less left alone and happy

I see 1.2 now
    Warriors will get more stable dps by nerfing burst of finishers, and upping damage from AP builders.
    Mages damage will go the way of Sabs, while getting more defensive abilitys to counter the loss of burst.
    Rogues will get new weapon models to match there dps and burst (back scratchers).
    Clerics will get new casting animations so they look like there dancing while spamming instant casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobranoc View Post
    Clerics will get new casting animations so they look like there dancing while spamming instant casts.
    Can we get them for our longer casts, too? I want to bust out the Funky Chicken or the Electric Slide while I'm casting Restorative Flame. Maybe when I'm casting Warden water-based heals I can do the Wave? Or maybe the Worm? Cabalist seems like kind of a Pop 'n' Lock soul.

I'm excited for this change!
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Quote Originally Posted by kidbs View Post
    What fool tries to PvP as Cabalist? I hope you have a small army around to protect you while you try to cast anything.
    This one? I have a cabalist/inquis for buff stripping and a inquis/justi for regular pvp.
    Styrr - Bahmi Cleric - Firesand

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.
    Was it nerfed? nope!
    So really no, when its nerfed (and it is only a question of when not if) then we can put the debate to rest and start debating pyros burst dps

A "fair nerf to GOS" can not exist in the current game enviornment. Nerf CC drastically, remove stunlocking entirely from the game, remove the HP nerf to pyro from burning bright, and fix the additive math for mitigation, and THEN GoS will flat out need to be adjusted. Till then, leave it alone.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5