+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Festo View Post
    My name is Rogue. How do I kill a mage in 1.5 seconds when they have 6k HP, my Swift Shot crits for 400 and my backstab crits for 550?
    you call another pyro to demolish your enemy

Rift Disciple

This is my mage, there are many like it... they all have GoD (i mean GoS) in WFs...make it that Knockbacks and pulls dont count as CC, and change the 30% 2s stun proc into a 30% less damage, so mages can keep there CC immunity, and roll tanks, rogues get 30% damage nerf when going in there tank mode, so should mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    you call another pyro to demolish your enemy
    pyro with 6k hp? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    pyro with 6k hp? no.
    High Geared Pyros can get to such numbers.

And with a Bard + Warlord or BM Vit buff they get another 90 Endurance .

The amount of hypocrisy on gaming forums never ceases to amuse me. You're balanced when you can kill everyone else (but of course you can't, according to you), and you need a buff when anyone else can kill you.

It's the same thing no matter what class you play or game you play it in. "Dear game devs: please nerf Rock. Paper is fine. Sincerely, Scissors."
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Plane Walker

You can't reliably dispel GoS. Stupid thread by someone who obviously theorycrafts more than playing the game. You'll just shred off bard buffs or some other dumb garbage every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    Last I checked pull-ins were considered CC...
    It worked, we tried playing around with GoS last night while parsing for new raid specs. The warrior yanked me in and ate me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    You can't Sergeant's Call (or Repelling shot, or Spartan Kick) a GoS mage.
    The problem with GoS is that can't be countered, a Codex, Fang or Bridge with 1-2 healers and 2-3 GoS turrets is imposible to fight against.
    That is just good game play on the Pyromancers and the healers. They are utilizing group synergy. You guys are mistaking me for being a Pyromancer. I am a Chloromancer and I really dislike GoS it is way too power especially with the cloth armor buff from 1.1 my physical damage mitigation now is 30% without any buffs. I would rather have some fun in pvp then stand in a small circle shooting fireballs at players who are running away.

Telaran

I find it interesting that pre 1.1 all the sabo's claimed that all we had to do was dispel the charges and yet here they are all explaining why dispel won't work.

Rift Disciple

purge works fine granted 1v1. if its bard+pyro vs you... you shouldn't win anyway. 2v1

Rift Disciple

I know If I played a warrior I too would be very upset that a calling would have a soul that seems tailor-made to taking out a certain other call.......

nevermind.

Plane Touched The Blackswordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tool View Post
    I know If I played a warrior I too would be very upset that a calling would have a soul that seems tailor-made to taking out a certain other call.......

nevermind.
    You mean almost all callings (minus other pyros)... there's the rub.
    Prestige 6 Soloer

Bathing in blood and tears.

-ROFLMANCER- Pyro/Dom/Arch (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    It worked, we tried playing around with GoS last night while parsing for new raid specs. The warrior yanked me in and ate me alive.
    That's interesting to know! I mean, kind of a bummer that (as far as I know) only one soul in the entire game gets that ability, but it's good to know it works. I'll have to pass that tidbit along to our Warrior PvPers. (Assuming they don't already know it; I know one of my frequent teammates already runs with that ability. He uses it to yank people off the ledge over the Codex.)
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    step 1)find a class that can dispell
    step 2)pray that the dispell will cancel the right buff 1 out of 10 that are on the mage,10% chance.
    step 3)repeat 1-2 till you succeed,also remember that dispell has 5-15 secs cooldown.
    step 4)after 2-3 minutes in which you tried to dispell you succeeded,now try to kill the mage
    step 5)you have noticed that the mage insta-stun you and recast the 1 sec cast time ground which took you just ****ing 120 seconds to dispell.
    step 6)just cry and wonder why wouldn't you have already died in the first 2 minutes of the dispell attempts.
    This ^.

And whilst the dispeler is trying to do 2), make sure they don't get CC'd or inst-killed by the pyro turret.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    How to beat GoS...

Step 1) Dispell It

Assuming I'm one of the few souls with a dispel, what do I do if there's a bard anywhere near the mage? Sup zillion junk buffs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast