+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Let's Put the GoS Debate to Bed.

Rift Disciple

And here preacheth the bright wizards.

You clowns are going to be slapped down, the same clowns that had numerous posts about the entire warrior class btw.

Hypocrite much?

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    I get it, so what this really all boils down to is that levels 1-43, mage was the one class that a rogue or champ could pretty much guarantee to stun lock and kill. They get FOURTY-THREE levels of WTFPWNING mages and then mages get a counter.

The ONLY way you would be happy, is if you could always WTFPWN mages. PERIOD. That is it. Nothing else will make you happy. You do not want a challenge, you want easy kills.
    You do realise that there are plenty of good mages either cringing or laughing when you make statements like this. The good mages rolled face long before any of the 1.1 changes. What 1.1 did was turn average mages into (as someone else put it) raid bosses.

There was an amazing rogue in Codex last night that took me out 1v1 several times. I have no idea what his build was, but it was apparently just sustained dps. There weren't any large spikes of damage, but he burned me down quickly despite GoS.
    There is no secret here, you either came up against a NB or an assassin with "cleanse soul" from the defencive side of the Infiltrator tree. The problem with this however is the fact that its on a 2min CD so he can only kill you 3-4 times in a WF, the other 20 times you can roll his face quite easily.
    Last edited by Arcticred; 03-31-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Any high nightblade spec should be able to win against a Pyromancer pretty much 100% of the time
    1v1.

Now if the Pyro is getting heals, then that requires a different strat then trying to 2v1.
    Heres an idea, instead of trying to dps him during blackout, use your root and flicker out of range. Or just use the disarm. I'm assuming these dont count as 'damaging' abilities?

He has 3s of immunity to those every 2 minutes, and twilight shelter debuffs his own damage.

If the NB couldn't fairly reliably (And I have an inkling that you're just too lazy to actually kite through the cooldowns since pyro can pretty much ignore the CC) kill single targets 1v1, it would be a useless spec. Hell, NB has always been able to beat most sabs and champs 1v1 if it opens from stealth. Still didn't make those specs balanced.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Just Sergeant's Call them off of their ground snare them stun them and kill them. I play a mage and I think GoS is a little bit of an overpowered skill. I am sorry that most warriors are champ/bm/paragon. Your dps was cut in half you guys are finally on par with us mages.
    Last I checked pull-ins were considered CC...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Just Sergeant's Call them off of their ground snare them stun them and kill them. I play a mage and I think GoS is a little bit of an overpowered skill. I am sorry that most warriors are champ/bm/paragon. Your dps was cut in half you guys are finally on par with us mages.
    You can't Sergeant's Call (or Repelling shot, or Spartan Kick) a GoS mage.
    The problem with GoS is that can't be countered, a Codex, Fang or Bridge with 1-2 healers and 2-3 GoS turrets is imposible to fight against.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Airas View Post
    We said the same thing to warriors.

Wanna beat a warrior? Just CC him.

Mages response? NERF NERF NERF.

CC was always possible.

Dispelling GoS is almost impossible in a team fight.

If you learned 2 play you woudn't be nerfed now, neither warriors.

Mages are reaping what they sow.
    Look, another delusional forum warrior who doesn't understand the difference between nerfs and bug fixes.

Mages are reaping what they sow? LOL... dude you should get a job writing for soap operas.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
    Look, another delusional forum warrior who doesn't understand the difference between nerfs and bug fixes.

Mages are reaping what they sow? LOL... dude you should get a job writing for soap operas.
    Mages are getting exactly what they dished out out. "Warriors are op, nerf them." now it is "Mages are p, nerf them."

Tit for tat numby. If pyros do not get nerf'd this game will end up just like the game these devs did that had their normal powered bright wizards.

Telaran

All the snotty "mages are getting what they sow" ******** is amusing me. Do you really believe the people who clicked on the mage calling during character creation are all a homogenous group?

This **** is about as ******ed as hillbillies burning mosques and going "them there moslems got what they dun deserved, hurr durr".

Champion of Telara

When people complained about Warriors pre-patch, Warriors told them to get a team, use strategy, and learn to play. I wonder why they are not taking their own advice.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    When people complained about Warriors pre-patch, Warriors told them to get a team, use strategy, and learn to play. I wonder why they are not taking their own advice.
    And now 3 bright wizards with a healer can lay waste to an entire side in a WF. Ohhh I mean pyro aka the new bright wizard.

Pyros just faceroll GoS and have at it.

That is interesting, because mine gets dispelled quite often and I have died every single time before I could recast it.
    I call BS on this one. I am never able to dispel GoS on the first try, and my dispel is on a 10 second cooldown which means I will likely be dead before I ever get to cast it again. There are far too many buffs that cover up your GoS and those buffs are always in the way of what I really want to dispel.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Rift Chaser

Good! So the debates been put to bed, GoS is overkill. I mean, seriously, your immune to CC, you have 50-80% damage mitigation from physical attacks, and you have some of the best burst/sustained ranged dps in the game, AND a host of your own CC abilities. Your suggested strategy of dispelling his buffs, no matter how numerous they me be thanks to bards/clerics/TEAM MATES is noted, good luck playing Russian roulette, hoping to the vigil you remove the right buff.

The other counter, use team work. Even 2v1 pyro in GoS is going to be hard, if he has heatwave, your both dead. If not, he'll de-taunt one of you and laugh your damage off, and kill the other. But its okay, its not like they can use team work and have a warrior use Guard on him, or a cleric cast heals on him. Or just have anyone at all on their team who wants to win and knows you do that by keeping your pyro alive and in his GoS.

Rift Disciple

Im a mage, Im tired of seeing tons of other mages rolling pyro. Its like the ones that never pvp came out of no where and thats all I see. I refuse to roll pyro because I hate being a turret, I equally dislike it because its the new sabo in a sense after all dps has been mostly equalized with most other callings. I like the way it is now, but the elephant in the room is definately ground of ****.

Rift Disciple

I'm a non Pyro Mage. Only 46 atm and only have purchased / have 3 souls. None have Pyro but all three have Chloro in some amount.

How to beat GoS...

Step 1) Dispell It
    Step 2) Kill Pyro in under the 1.5 seconds it would take to recast it. (Assuming he sees it drop.)
    My name is Rogue. How do I kill a mage in 1.5 seconds when they have 6k HP, my Swift Shot crits for 400 and my backstab crits for 550?
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast