Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Stealth has been "stealth nerfed" into oblivion

Rift Team

There was a bug fix for an exploit regarding stealth players and aggroing (but not being attacked by) monsters.

That fix shouldn't have dramatically changed the player experience on Live, but we may have some un-intended consequences. We have sombody taking a look at it right now

-Gersh

They just need to nerf Nightblades and their plan is complete.

They can then delete the Rogue class and give stealth to Warriors.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Soulwalker

SO we can't even backstab, if your stealthed from 3 meters away, hmm interesting...... wow even lower dps since we cant use abilities in stealth cause we are seen before we can use them.. Great Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Longtooth View Post
    Awesome, let me take stock of what Rogues have left...

I've got some pocket lint.

That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    im hoping to find a shiny ring in my pocket.. but alas i came up with lint as well
    WTF ....pocket lint is an exclusive Warrior perk....how the hell are rogues getting pocket lint....I demand this be corrected yesterday or I am taking my 50000 member guild with me back to Hello Kitty Online....this is simply unacceptable....fix it Trion!!!!
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    There was a bug fix for an exploit regarding stealth players and aggroing (but not being attacked by) monsters.

That fix shouldn't have dramatically changed the player experience on Live, but we may have some un-intended consequences. We have sombody taking a look at it right now

-Gersh
    Honestly, what in the hell are your people doing, and the Alpha Server people doing if a bug that you have clearly noticed, OF THIS RIDICULOUS MAGNITUDE, goes to live?

edit: Sorry, rhetorical question.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 03-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Anyone know if this effects PvP? cause stealth is the only thing I got going in my direction atm.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maevin View Post
    SO we can't even backstab, if your stealthed from 3 meters away, hmm interesting...... wow even lower dps since we cant use abilities in stealth cause we are seen before we can use them.. Great Job.
    No, can't even backstab. And Incapacitation is completely useless, since you can't get close enough, so there goes my only CC.

Basically, my Rogue is now a Warrior with really crappy armor and limited DPS.
    Last edited by GrimV; 03-30-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post

-Gersh
    How about you tell them to stop taking a look at it and start taking a bloody look at how bad rogue DPS is?

You always seem to brush that one off your shoulder don't you?

Really becoming one of my dislikes about TRION, contemplating joining my friends in unsubbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GrimV View Post
    No, can't even backstab. And Incapacitation is completely useless, since you can't get close enough, so there goes my only CC.

Basically, my Rogue is now a Warrior with really crappy armor.
    And half the DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by krispydude View Post
    And half the DPS.
    and half the CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by krispydude View Post
    And half the DPS.

Edited to add....

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    How about you tell them to stop taking a look at it and start taking a bloody look at how bad rogue DPS is?

You always seem to brush that one off your shoulder don't you?

Really becoming one of my dislikes about TRION, contemplating joining my friends in unsubbing.
    Your angry post paired with your decidedly mediocre computer specs (seriously? an ASRock motherboard?) your signature is bragging about makes anything you say hilariously irrelevant.

Not that I disagree that this shouldn't have made it through to live and that Trion needs to balance things a bit more, but spergy angry posts like this aren't constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhboy123 View Post
    and half the CC.
    And half the Mobility.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Victus Tryggr Wolf View Post
    And half the Mobility.
    and half the HP

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    and half the HP
    But we can stealth... oh wait...
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast