+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.1 Very Biased Feedback

Default 1.1 Very Biased Feedback

I dont care if my view is biased to be honest, they are my views. Simple as that

AoE Heals - Much needed nerf, Excessive healing in PvP by spamming these

Ranged Warriors - Should exist, Reduce their Range to 15 if needed, but they NEED TO EXIST. Far too many of your mechanics royally screw over melee, and Warriors are the only who do not have a legit Ranged spec

Bard - A nerf to "leveling" bards, big deal... Give their support a real nerf

Beastmaster - heavily overnerfed. Yes they do need nerfs, but these are far too much

Champion - You call that a nerf?! Titan Strike isnt even the true problem, it just masks the problem very well. The problem is that you can use 4-8 "off the GCD" abilities in 1 second. If you really want to balance it, then make every "off the GCD" ability have a 1 second shared cooldown

Elementalist and Warlord - How about some real buffs for these 2

Paladin - Yea they are slightly OP, no this is not the thing you should be hitting

Reaver - such a massive kick in the balls here. I agree that their self healing and farming needed a nerf. Now fix the fact that Crippling Infestation and Wasting Away are completely worthless

Paragon - It feels like a overbuff, people will trade 1 OP build (BM) to another (Paragon), at the very least make SLI require Dual Wield so that we dont see 10k damage Titan Strikes

Pyromancer - I think you guys typoed the entire section of Pyromancer, I think you guys meant to actually write a list of nerfs. Dont be ashamed tho, just go ahead and change pretty much everything you wrote here

Stormcaller - Awesome new ability, Needs to be a lot deeper in the tree. You are making it so that PvP mages MUST take Stormcaller

Sab - Good Job, now as it is your style. Remember to nerf them again next patch. Since you guys seem to love kicking classes when their down.

Void Knight - Refer to my Sab comment
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Shield of Telara

ranged warriors do not need to exsist... they need someone slightly smarter then forrst gump at the keyboard to know when to get the hell out of the fire... every boss can be meleed, most bosses cannot be melee by the typical moron that plays a warrior...

This is the first post where i agree with nearly everything you have said Talamare.

Only thing i would disagree on is ranged Warriors. There needs to be some kind of trade off for doing ranged DPS and a truly ranged dps soul should be using a lot more then 75% flamespear spam. After all they are Riftblades not Riftspears.
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Victus Tryggr Wolf View Post
    This is the first post where i agree with nearly everything you have said Talamare.

Only thing i would disagree on is ranged Warriors. There needs to be some kind of trade off for doing ranged DPS and a truly ranged dps soul should be using a lot more then 75% flamespear spam. After all they are Riftblades not Riftspears.
    I didnt mention Flamespear or Riftblades (which I agree MOAR FLAMESPEAR is boring). I just said they needed to exist

and I gave a Trade-off. 15m Range
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    I didnt mention Flamespear or Riftblades (which I agree MOAR FLAMESPEAR is boring). I just said they needed to exist

I say they just give it a cast time if they are going to be a ranged class, right? .... right?!
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    I say they just give it a cast time if they are going to be a ranged class, right? .... right?!
    Sure why not

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Telaran

If you really want to play ranged... Reroll? Range warrior does not and will not exist.

Path of the wind did more damage that flame spear, flame spear wasnt that bad even if it was stronger than marksman spammable skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny9438 View Post
    If you really want to play ranged... Reroll? Range warrior does not and will not exist.
    Derp
    They DO exist

They wont exist in the future, but they DO exist now
    Last edited by Talamare; 03-24-2011 at 10:29 PM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Telaran

Derp
    They DO exist

They wont exist in the future, but they DO exist now
    Remember seeing a post while ago in warrior section, it basically proved that RB still need to get in melee range to get the most of of their dps. I believed FS was designed as a range filler when you can't get close say to a boss or player.

Champion

Flame Spear and Path of the Wind were buffed a bit to compensate for the added cooldown. If you put it in a rotation with other ranged skills, and there are other ranged skills, you might even be up damage. I don't think their goal was to kill ranged warrior builds.

Paragon and riftblade don't work together well, except for the obvious ranged attacks. One is physical and one is non-physical. The souls in a combination should help each other, not oppose each other.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
    Flame Spear and Path of the Wind were buffed a bit to compensate for the added cooldown. If you put it in a rotation with other ranged skills, and there are other ranged skills, you might even be up damage. I don't think their goal was to kill ranged warrior builds.
    Personally (as a PvPer), I'd rather have a nerf to the damage and no cooldown, because I care less about the damage, but about the ability to float around in a distance building attack points and closing in for the kill.

With the paragon's ranged attacks on cd I can still build two points at range and do the third with bull rush, but I'd even trade in the buff to SLI to keep tactical possibilities.

Someone please explain to me WTF a "Ranged Warrior" even is. Specifically, what is the concept of a ranged warrior?

You have this guy in gigantic plate armor casting ranged spells. Except he has no mana pool, and he's focused all his skill in strength to create physical damage, not magic damage. He has plate armor so that in case someone runs up to him while he's nuking at the same effectiveness of a mage (except more sustainably with unlimited energy and somehow without any sort of reasonable int or wis), he can stand there and absorb the physical damage, and then bat away the annoyance with his massive strength backed melee and melee weapon. If he gets ranged, well whatever, because hes got twice as much HP as ranged classes. Just range them back with the super energy-based magic of strength-supported ******ed death.

This is the image that I get when I consider it. This is also what I've encountered in game. And, IDK, for some reason or another it just doesn't seem to work conceptually for me. So forgive me if I can't get on board the "oh poor warriors" train, but I'm just not getting it.

So again, can someone please explain this concept to me?

Secondly, in regards to "OMG Pyro is like, so super powerful now!?!?!!," until I can kill a warrior by myself (and I don't mean within melee range, just at all, under any and all advantages available to me), all your complaints just fall on deaf ears.

Telaran

Agree with everything the OP posted - hope the people at TRION read this and come to their senses before releasing 1.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast