+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Warriors = I win button

Telaran

To the OP,i play a melee rogue as well. The warriors are getting their dps nerfed a bit. Dont worry,melee rogues are gonna be just as viable now to pvp. Although i must say i can kill people for the most part anyone under my level. Ive beat many above my level. I have a lvl 30 warrior as well cause i wanted to see how it was. Im spec'd Paragon/champion/beastmaster.. Its truly amazing how well that can be played.
    It comes down to knowing what abilities do what when to use them etc. Rogues need some love,and warriors need some nerfage. Its coming in next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    The problem with Warriors is that there is no give and take.
    While other class have to decide, "Hrrmm....do I want more health and decreased damage? Or more damage and less survivability? Or sacrifice some for a stun/cc?",
    The Warriors just get to say, "ooohlookiehere! I'll take some more Damage here, some improved survivability here, and some extra aoe-CC and a few stuns here. Hell, lets throw in a charge and some Burst-AoE damage while we're at it. Maybe a self-heal too. Sounds good!"
    That's the problem.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by sosus View Post
    Was I crying?

I was merely pointing out the fact that warriors are over powered. Do you mean to tell me that one class is meant to both be the best tank and the best damage dealers in the game? Is that a well balanced game to you?
    The best tank Reaver/Paladin/Void Knight
    The one of the best damage dealers Champion/Paragon/Beastmaster

Yes.That is well balance game.If one of those two where that at same time a then complaint is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sosus View Post
    Seriously, people whine all day about Sabs, but warrios or so OP it is not even funny. Yeah I got beat down by a warrior once or twice. What really set me off was when I got beat down by a warrior 4 levels below me. I could barely do any damage to him, even with blade tempo + Dancing Steele and Spamming Keen strike and deadly strike.

Really, whats the use of playing if your gonna get owned by a warrior everytime?

Okay, I understand theyre warriors, levels being equal maybe a rogue should not win against a warrior, but a level 36 rogue barely denting a level 32 warrior....something is wrong here. Either rogues are severly underpowered or warriors are OP.

And now I hear Trion is taking away some of the RS healing too.
    I destroy warriors with this spec. Expose weakness + Jagged strike + Impale + slip away and they melt with you barely taking a scratch. If you have a bladedancer sub you can also pop sidesteps and dodge half of their attacks.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vyz View Post
    Yeah i really dont know about this whole OP thing... yes Champions put out massive damage, but there are ways to make them useless (CC, Heals, Focus fire).

There is a counter for every soul in the game... i dont go screaming OP OP OP when my mage gets shut down by a Void Knight, no... because the void knight was designed to shut me down. when that happens i get my champ buddy to wreck him. then when the VK comes back spec'd champ, i perma-squirrel him, just to piss him off. etc.

People need to learn how to play as a team, and work more efficiently instead of scream OP all day.

basically [Sig] *points down*

dont forget, its not always about pvp too. In raid, any mage dps spec lose to most warriors/rogues/cleric dps spec. When i mean losing, warrior almost double our damage. But trion said they are going to give us some love, i cant wait

@alucardrdrdrd: perhaps later on but they seem to survive my first burts/bleed, i go with the combo you say and come back with paralyzing strike, cb ,cb then final blow but they are still up and need to go away while sidesteps or they will oneshot me, my gear is made of blue and purple. I dont say i cant kill any but i do say some survive.
    Last edited by darkchicken; 03-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    I destroy warriors with this spec. Expose weakness + Jagged strike + Impale + slip away and they melt with you barely taking a scratch. If you have a bladedancer sub you can also pop sidesteps and dodge half of their attacks.
    i dont believe you. I use that same thing..only reason i pop slip away is when he turns on me stuns me and has me half dead in .2 seconds. What your saying is BS..
    Last edited by walkerr; 03-23-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    The problem with Warriors is that there is no give and take.
    While other class have to decide, "Hrrmm....do I want more health and decreased damage? Or more damage and less survivability? Or sacrifice some for a stun/cc?",
    The Warriors just get to say, "ooohlookiehere! I'll take some more Damage here, some improved survivability here, and some extra aoe-CC and a few stuns here. Hell, lets throw in a charge and some Burst-AoE damage while we're at it. Maybe a self-heal too. Sounds good!"
    That's the problem.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    But as a BD he was at a disadvantage shoulda been bleeding, stunning, slowing, kiting, FoS, bleeding, stunning,, slowing kiting. seems cheesey but it woulda worked but to try to stand and duke it out was just being arrogant.

You were just feeding him inescabale fury procs and banging on heavy armor with physical damage strikes.

Also Para is bugged right now and gives you 100% armor bypass so untill this is fixed all these OMGWAROP threads are pointless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4