+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warlock Thread

Default Warlock Thread

So at the moment there is no thread for anyone whos going to be a Warlock, considering it or has some sort of interest in the class.
    a
    What are your thoughs about the class? How it will play? What do you like about it? Anything else you may have to add.

Myself I like the idea of having strong dots spells with weak nuke type spells. Plus from the screenshots the armour looks great.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/mage/warlock.php
    Last edited by Meson; 07-09-2010 at 04:51 AM.

I will roll a lock IF there is no necromancer class. Personally I like strong dots with decent CC abilities and a pet. And as you have mentioned, armour does look awsome!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I will be a Warlock come release.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I will be a Warlock come release.
    I had a feeling you might, *looks at sig* but can I ask why?

Well

Firstly because it allows me to make Deathpaste easily.
    Secondly, I prefer spreading diseases around rather than throwing fireballs.
    I think the Warlock will be a very good soul, if there is an Enchanter type class in game then the Warlock + that will be ungodly.

Diseases sound great, hope they're decent and they make up for the DoT part.

Plane Touched

Few months ago (before I cut my hair short, it was shoulder length dark brown) I was pulled over by the local police cause I had a tail light out and the wrote me a repair order to get it fixed. So I did and took the car by the police station for them to check it and sign off on it. After all was said and done I went to get back in my car I saw a folded piece of paper on my windshield. I pulled it off and opened it up. It was a copy of a chapter from the bible and written on it in red pen was "Evil Warlack!" lol I guess this bible thumper was telling me what my calling in Rift will be if there is no necro class. True story.

But in seriouness, if there is no necro, I may cross a warlock with an elementalist to aquire the same kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dallammarr View Post
    Few months ago (before I cut my hair short, it was shoulder length dark brown) I was pulled over by the local police cause I had a tail light out and the wrote me a repair order to get it fixed. So I did and took the car by the police station for them to check it and sign off on it. After all was said and done I went to get back in my car I saw a folded piece of paper on my windshield. I pulled it off and opened it up. It was a copy of a chapter from the bible and written on it in red pen was "Evil Warlack!" lol I guess this bible thumper was telling me what my calling in Rift will be if there is no necro class. True story.

But in seriouness, if there is no necro, I may cross a warlock with an elementalist to aquire the same kinda thing.
    I get called jesus where I walk and on-topic I was thinking more of Warlock and possibly a caster with more upfront nukes (we'll see if one exists) for some dots and large nukes but I'll have to wait to find out.

im gonna go for the MAGE soul 100%
    1st i have to test the summoning classes / class to see if they are a little easier to level
    but at higher / end level warlock is certainly gonna be 1 of the 3 souls i will have

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    I will roll a lock IF there is no necromancer class. Personally I like strong dots with decent CC abilities and a pet. And as you have mentioned, armour does look awsome!
    More or less the same thinking as you for wanting to roll a Nerocmancer opps i mean Warlock.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

ill have a warlock... probably mixed with a necro soul and either an elementalist or a pyromancer... i always liked my lock with decent dots and huge nukes that take a 2-3 second cast with a pet to keep things interesting...
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

So um... there's a difference twixt a necromancer and a warlock? Btw, I took one look at the Warlock class on this site and just knew what my first character is gonna be! I mean, just... woooww!

I'm just dyin' to be a warlock! Dang, but he looks sooo nasty cool!

All dots and curses with an occasional nuke and no hots, oh my!

Oh, curses, but cat's got my tongue, I can't seem to say anymore right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Segovia View Post
    So um... there's a difference twixt a necromancer and a warlock? Btw, I took one look at the Warlock class on this site and just knew what my first character is gonna be! I mean, just... woooww!

I'm just dyin' to be a warlock! Dang, but he looks sooo nasty cool!

All dots and curses with an occasional nuke and no hots, oh my!

Oh, curses, but cat's got my tongue, I can't seem to say anymore right now.
    You smell of a Trion spy!

Anyways, Necromancers generally raise undead minions, while Warlocks vary from game to game. In WoW they are more similar to the Necro (there is no Necro in WoW), but in EQ2 they are an evil counterpart to the Wizard, while the Necro is the evil counterpart to the Conjurer.

seeing as how i doubt there will be a pure necro.. i will roll a lock prolly.

honestly, the eq necro was a dot wizard once you were at the front of raid progression, thus being a pet class isnt what i love about the eq nec .. our dps was on par with a rogue. ..our utility was amazing. .. the AA was such win.

eq nec pets were a novel perk imo.. i will not discount how fun the swam pets were... ...such fun. ...the static pets were gimpy and only good for kite / group dps.

i miss my red clicky skelle from deathwhisper...
    (and the dps from 2.5 necro epic! was ....sooo leet.)

the lock is most likely my calling, will work my soul selection to be dps based with a decent amount of cc and some aoe.

WTB lifetaps and group hots via dots.. & FD !
    Last edited by 13moons; 07-24-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm definitely feeling a warlock at the moment. It's so satisfying to cast a few dots on your opponent and then watch his life tick away. My favorite part about being a class that primarily does dots is the opportunity to kite multiple mobs. If I can couple the warlock with some snaring abilities, that would be absolutely AWESOME. I love having several mobs chasing me, casting dots on all of them, and watching them croak one after the other. Getting excited just thinking about it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast