I would like to play a class that is similiar to 'Chanter' from Aion, or the 'Bear Shaman' from Age of Conan.
By this I mean a melee support class which:
- Give buffs to party members
- Is a useful asset to a team
- Can debuff enemies with their melee strikes (i.e lowering the target's attack speed/damage)
- Can switch to an 'off-healer' role to assist the main healer in tricky situations
- Is able to heal themselves while also dealing damage at the same time (i.e with an attack that, on hit, provides a 'heal over time' effect to all group members)
Here is a video of a chanter from Aion to show what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tMPPXOom8c
Notice the green numbers from the character; that's the self healing. And she has 'mantras' that provide buffs at all party members within range.
Which class is best for this type of gameplay? I've read about the Shaman, and that sounds like it might be the best... but I'm not in the beta yet so I can't test it for myself