+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Warriors with CC...discuss

  1. #1
    Ascendant Liziana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,415

    Default Warriors with CC...discuss

    It was mentioned by Adam in the latest podcast that Warriors will have access to a soul within that calling which has CC. This could be interesting, especially for offtanks.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Ancient's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    I'm interested in the scope of the CC. Thinking about it I'm not sure Tanks should have anything beyond short duration stuns for CC (10 Secs or so). Other wise you negate the need for a caster or ranged CC. Though an Short range AoE 5 sec shield style stun would definitly be an attention getter at the beginning of a fight.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Syrix_II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    i don't know the context of that quote and I haven't heard mention of any details about but keep in mind, there are many forms of CC.
    -Taunt (most likely candidate for warrior CC)
    -Stun
    -Silence
    -Snare (i don't really consider this CC but some people do)
    -Blind (i wonder if we'll see this mechanic in Rift)

    Warriors should have access to Taunt though which very well may be what that quote was all about. Hopefully we'll find out more soon though.

  4. #4
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    391

    Default

    I think that Warriors having crowd-control capabilities makes more sense, in general, than ranged classes, so I agree with this route.

    Warriors are the protectors, and must be in melee range to pose a threat. Crowd control abilities such as stuns, roots, and snares gives them the ability to keep their allies safe and stay in range.

    Warhammer Online gave tanks many crowd control capabilities, such as snares, roots, and knockbacks, and I thought it fit well, and should fit well here, too.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hanlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nightmares
    Posts
    2,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    I think that Warriors having crowd-control capabilities makes more sense, in general, than ranged classes, so I agree with this route.

    Warriors are the protectors, and must be in melee range to pose a threat. Crowd control abilities such as stuns, roots, and snares gives them the ability to keep their allies safe and stay in range.

    Warhammer Online gave tanks many crowd control capabilities, such as snares, roots, and knockbacks, and I thought it fit well, and should fit well here, too.
    I somewhat agree.

    In PvP I do believe that yes, tank classes should have a ton of CC or the ability to physically switch targets and block for groupmates.

    In PvE I think a ranged CC class is fine. They usually provide other benefits for the entire raid and are fun to play in my opinion.

    Personally, the most exciting gameplay I have ever had has been playing a mezzer and keeping everything locked down. DPS'ing, healing, and tanking just don't come close.

    Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Ozon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I have to agree to that Warriors with CC is ok, at least from the MMO's i have played as a Warrior that has CC has worked pretty well.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Tanks are the definition of CC...melee wise...

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Ayonyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Tanks are the definition of CC...melee wise...
    no wai, tanks are for dps.

    BlogTwitterDev TrackerWikiSurvey
    ◄▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬►


  9. #9
    Plane Touched Syrix_II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I somewhat agree.

    In PvP I do believe that yes, tank classes should have a ton of CC or the ability to physically switch targets and block for groupmates.

    In PvE I think a ranged CC class is fine. They usually provide other benefits for the entire raid and are fun to play in my opinion.

    Personally, the most exciting gameplay I have ever had has been playing a mezzer and keeping everything locked down. DPS'ing, healing, and tanking just don't come close.

    "blocking for groupmates"
    I think that may be the most underused form of CC to date. I really hope to see more of this. It doesn't lock people or mobs down, but allows the warrior to control where the damage goes to an extent. I hope to see o lot of this.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Evereghalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    It was mentioned by Adam in the latest podcast that Warriors will have access to a soul within that calling which has CC. This could be interesting, especially for offtanks.
    How is that really interesting,

    it was more than likely every arch would have atleast 1 soul that will have a CC.

    And there are tons of types of CC from straight movement impairing to a full stun.

    And in most high end raid content a lot of trash mobs will be immune to CC. And most of the warrior CC will be movement imparing, because multiple full stuns would be too powerful for a class in plate with a giant axe.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Evereghalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    I think that Warriors having crowd-control capabilities makes more sense, in general, than ranged classes, so I agree with this route.

    Warriors are the protectors, and must be in melee range to pose a threat. Crowd control abilities such as stuns, roots, and snares gives them the ability to keep their allies safe and stay in range.

    Warhammer Online gave tanks many crowd control capabilities, such as snares, roots, and knockbacks, and I thought it fit well, and should fit well here, too.
    Every arch should have a CC, interput, or slow ability.

    It is integral for PvP alone or in groups to lock up casters, and keep the melee off the healers or clothies.

    And so that PvP is built around skill and timing, and not who has the most powerful single CC, or CC at all.

    That's why you shouldnt see sole CC classes otherwise in PvP that class and someone else that is built for pure damage output would just get stupid or be nothing but Mirror Matches.
    Last edited by Evereghalo; 07-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Fayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sornin View Post
    Warhammer Online gave tanks many crowd control capabilities, such as snares, roots, and knockbacks, and I thought it fit well, and should fit well here, too.
    That was an Epic fail tho as they gave much better version of each skill to mage a class they clamed would have little CC and the tanks been the master CC class.

    I do agree tho tanks should be the CC class short but good CC as they are ment to hold the line and defend the more squishy people who wish to hide behind you.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

    Death is great it's the cure to Life.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Evereghalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayde View Post
    That was an Epic fail tho as they gave much better version of each skill to mage a class they clamed would have little CC and the tanks been the master CC class.

    I do agree tho tanks should be the CC class short but good CC as they are ment to hold the line and defend the more squishy people who wish to hide behind you.
    You do not need CC to protect the squishies, that called AoE threat.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I'm so psyched to hear about this! I hope I will be able to specialize this almost exclusively and still be useful to groups as a specialized CC class with slight offtanking capabilities. Also I'm dying to play a melee CC in pvp, just to be supremely annoying, even if I couldn't kill a fly with my dps.

    P.S. - I hope it's a monk!

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Insaneium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Bard = Melee(warrior) CC'er

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts