+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lowest DPS class in game? Which is it?

Rift Disciple

Default Lowest DPS class in game? Which is it?

Class, as a whole, not spec. Archon and any other healing spec will be lowest, along with tanks, so let's just knock those right out. As far as dps goes, which class has the lowest over dps amongst the various souls it can be?

I suppose I'll get the ball rolling and throw out Clerics. The pets the druid class gets are subpar when compared to the warrior, rogue, and mage counterparts. Melee oriented cleric builds, in general, just seem to parse lower than other classes on average. Ranged Clerics, well, honestly, if they aren't healing at ranged I don't know what they are doing.

Sword of Telara

AFKer is the lowest damage souls but one of the most popular. Go figure.

Bard. It does like 50 dps @ lv 50
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalbath13 View Post
    Archon and any other healing spec will be lowest, along with tanks, so let's just knock those right out..

Archon is actually one of the higher single target mage souls...that is how bad the rest of them are.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zekier View Post
    Archon is actually one of the higher single target mage souls...that is how bad the rest of them are.
    Ouch. I mean, really, ouch. There is always necro and pyro aren't there >.>

Soulwalker

Ouch. I mean, really, ouch. There is always necro and pyro aren't there >.>
    not really. my gear isn't super awesome or anything, but my pyro dps is around 500-550, and archon its at 600-650.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zekier View Post
    not really. my gear isn't super awesome or anything, but my pyro dps is around 500-550, and archon its at 600-650.
    Well then. I might have to change my view about Clerics being dead last. :X

I'm gonna have to say pure shaman (no druid)...

Actually, rogue dps is in the crapper no matter how you look at it...
    Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    You're doing it wrong
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

ncm
    Soulwalker

Cleric dps isn't so bad. The problem is that their two dps souls (inq and sham) both rely on luck to get good dps. Shaman requires crits, inq requires BoD procs. Over time they do respectable dps, but in any particular fight, you never know if you're going to be able to burst down that sab before he crits you for 4000 damage.

The other problem with cleric is the lack of CC.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ncm View Post
    Cleric dps isn't so bad. The problem is that their two dps souls (inq and sham) both rely on luck to get good dps. Shaman requires crits, inq requires BoD procs. Over time they do respectable dps, but in any particular fight, you never know if you're going to be able to burst down that sab before he crits you for 4000 damage.

The other problem with cleric is the lack of CC.
    Yep I totally agree, melee clerics have a nice thing going in pve if nothing is stopping you from hitting them. I don't know the numbers myself but I can do much better than a necro can. (44+ points in druid)

In PVP the only way to achieve DPS of any sort is to have a mob that does no counters towards you, however every other player has either burst or CC so your best bet is to hit something that is'nt targeting you... but the cleric sign on your head does'nt help at all :/

Ranged Clerics, well, honestly, if they aren't healing at ranged I don't know what they are doing.
    DPS at range.

Kinda obvious if you stop and think about it.

Inq/Cab/xx dps is designed for doing enormous AoE damage on trash and packs of mobs. Straight Inq does pretty good single-target dps. I am terribly sorry that it's not bursty enough for the PVP fans, but as DPS scores go (in experts, raids, etc) it's quite respectable.

With Inq/Justicar, suddenly it also offers the advantage of allowing some limited CD but powerful aoe and single target instant-heals as well, for those that stop worrying selfishly about big numbers for just one minute, and start worrying about ensuring the party/raid survives the crunch encounters. Not to mention the ability to swing into off-tank mode with the click of a button. And yet STILL do respectable DPS even with this versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingwind
    In PVP the only way to achieve DPS of any sort is to have a mob that does no counters towards you, however every other player has either burst or CC so your best bet is to hit something that is'nt targeting you... but the cleric sign on your head does'nt help at all :/
    Yes, Clerics are rubbish at PVP. You do realise that's only a small proportion of the game, though don't you? A small proportion that you just repeat, again and again? But hell, if I wanted to PVP, I'd still be playing CoD Black Ops.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    I can do 320+ DPS as bard, and I usually do 260+. It's not 50 DPS, but they are pretty much the lowest DPS class in the game besides tanks, while also being the worst healers, and most of their buffs/debuffs don't even stack with other classes buffs/debuffs. -_- Really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I can do 320+ DPS as bard, and I usually do 260+. It's not 50 DPS, but they are pretty much the lowest DPS class in the game besides tanks, while also being the worst healers, and most of their buffs/debuffs don't even stack with other classes buffs/debuffs. -_- Really stupid.
    Easy solution. Get a lute with spikes on it. Or maybe even a double bass - now in the right hands that could do some serious damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imas
    I still don't get why everyone wants to buff (insert class you play) just because (insert class you wish you played) has a better spec or role for what you are wanting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast