+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reactive healing....

Default Reactive healing....

I currently play an inquisitor in Everquest 2 and I am a huge fan of reactive based healing. The inquisitor currently in eq2 has been the most fun I've ever had playing a healer. When I needed to heal I was gtg, had great good utility and had decent dmg output....

Moorguard ( dunno what he calls himself now but that is what he was known as in eq2 ) make it happen bro!

Reactive healing = happy times!

Discuss.

What exactly is reactive healing?

I only ever play warriors, so excuse my ignorance

Basically, a cleric buffs a warrior with a short term buff. Then, whenever the warrior is hit it will proc a heal 5 times or however many.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by Theoneisis View Post
    What exactly is reactive healing?

I only ever play warriors, so excuse my ignorance
    reactive healing is basically a spell that you cast on someone that heals a person everytime they get hit. for instance, you cast single target reactive that has 5 charges, every time the person is hit that has that reactive on him it heals him for 1000 points of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Moorguard ( dunno what he calls himself now but that is what he was known as in eq2 ) make it happen bro!
    Wrong mmo
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Ahh! Thank you for the explanations. Appreciated.

It sounds like a basic Hot only with a time delay.

There was some thing like this used in another game might be warhammer where you could cast a heal on a ally and when they got to like 40% hp it would just do a massive heal and recover some thing silly like 50% of there max hp good spell for some hard PVE.

I am not a massive fan of this type of healing as it quite easy gets out of hand in PVP as not only is the healer doing his job but he can stack the precast heals on his allys giving them a silly ammount of time on the field when they would other wise not of had due to been killed off.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Shadowlander

I like the idea and it also helps in lag heavy encounters, but without really good balancing these spells can easily get out of control. On one hand, it does not require too much "skill" from the healer to rebuff the person every time it wears off, and this will be an issue for many folks out there - including me. On the other, if the spells heal much more than the damage the target takes it should be compensated with a hefty mana cost, or vice versa.

id say Reactive healing worked kinda well in WoW for example the priests prayer of mending or the shamans earth shield, they where both an very important spell in both pve and pvp.

I think an HoT and Reactive heal is quite different from eachother where a reactive heal needs to be actually trigger each time and a hot is purely timed. The way I know reactiveheals they can be extremly usefull since you can heal people preemtively and there is little overhealing involved.

I think would like to see reactive healing, hot healing, lifetap healing, ward healing, damage healing and "normal" in-game and then I think we would then have a very unique and diferse healing system people could involve themselves in.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I currently play an inquisitor in Everquest 2 and I am a huge fan of reactive based healing. The inquisitor currently in eq2 has been the most fun I've ever had playing a healer. When I needed to heal I was gtg, had great good utility and had decent dmg output....

Reactive healing = happy times!

Discuss.
    Moorguard works at 38 Studios.

I guess this would be similiar to Prayer of Mending for priests in WoW..?
    I liked that spell Gief me more.

HoT = Heals over time, put that on to supplement a big heal or whatever.

Reacitve healing is a Earthshield or Prayer of Mending
    in EQ2, all healing classes have reactive healing in some form. The druids have the better shields and wards to absorb damage while the clerics cast wards that heal the player when they get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmyankee View Post
    HoT = Heals over time, put that on to supplement a big heal or whatever.

Reacitve healing is a Earthshield or Prayer of Mending
    in EQ2, all healing classes have reactive healing in some form. The druids have the better shields and wards to absorb damage while the clerics cast wards that heal the player when they get hit.
    That sort of thing should be avoided.

In MMO's small scale PVP people do one of two things.

Go all out Gank or all out Heal.

The sad part is in most game's the heal tatic just wins since it will out last the gank tatic and given Proc heals like what you said was in EQ2 you just move the game closer to the Heal bomb set up of PVP as any sneak attack ganks now fail.

Why attack people when they have a per set heal just waiting to make your sneak attack worthless jump out take enemy to half hp before any one can react oh wait Heal Proc bang enemy full hp or Hot healing him away as the enemy now turns and floors you.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Moorguard works at 38 Studios.
    Yea I meant to say Gallenite lol .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast