Closed Thread

Thread: The best healing spec?

Soulwalker

Default The best healing spec?

What would be the best healing spec in your opinion? I want to make sure im going the right way.

Was thinking 50% purifier/sentinal with a little bit of warden?

Anyone play beta and figure out the best spec for the pure healer type?

Hate to be a donkey, but this question can't be answered without breeching the NDA.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 12-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.

I'd like to think (hope) that groups will say they need a healer and not specify soul. I intend to play Warden for the simple reason it's HoT based (I'm not in Beta so hearsay) and is thematicaly (sp) based on Water.

I'm sure someone will figure out which is best mathematically, but if I liked playing with numbers I'd wait for Suduku online
    Robot roll call : Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo, Croooow.

One thing that you'll notice is that the descriptions of the classes in the Cleric group all have whether they are 'healing' or 'offensive'. Being that you get 3 souls, you might want to go with 2 healing, and 1 offensive after looking over what their abilities are once you hop in game. Or if you think 3 of the healing souls complement eachother, go with those.

Default Best Healer Spec

My best advice is look at whatever specs I have chosen, it should be your weather vane to be the complete opposite. I of course will be blissfully unaware until about level 40. Seriously though isn't the search for that perfectly tuned character one of the best parts of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodd View Post
    My best advice is look at whatever specs I have chosen, it should be your weather vane to be the complete opposite. I of course will be blissfully unaware until about level 40. Seriously though isn't the search for that perfectly tuned character one of the best parts of the game?
    If you always pick the wrong one then please don't pick Warden. Don't jinx it for me !
    Robot roll call : Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo, Croooow.

Rift Chaser

I seriously doubt someone is gonn spread out over 3 spec tress with only 51 points. But you never know. What you want is a Defensive spec, and a offrensive spec. Then you change between the diffrent point setting within those specs depending on what your doing.

You could theoreticly spec 2 offensive ones, if it had a purpose. Like say Cabalist is pure AE spec, and Inquisitor is pure single target spec. Then you spec them both for maximum dmg output for your group. But basicly I would say that if you want lots of dmg, play a mage. I dont see why a cleric would spec put dmg, cept for leveling utterly alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykerian View Post
    What would be the best healing spec in your opinion? I want to make sure im going the right way.

Was thinking 50% purifier/sentinal with a little bit of warden?

Anyone play beta and figure out the best spec for the pure healer type?
    looking at the rolebuilder site filled with old data, I am under the impression that the purifier soul and the sent soul are kind of the same soul with little but important differences, going 50/50 on them imo isn't the way to go.

Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

Sentinel with pretty much anything else should suffice.

Rift Disciple

I can't see a reason NOT to pick up three souls.
    Last edited by cKerensky; 12-09-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Cool invisible healer ?

could be interesting to see if this could be a good pvp avantage ?
    Want some more HP ?

Soulwalker

Just like other games, I spec in 2 trees with one tree having the majority of points. I don't plan on putting points into the third tree. That's just my preference, though. I'm sure going mainly into any heal spec will be equally beneficial, depending on what role you like to play.
    Last edited by Zeroheals; 02-28-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    I can't see a reason NOT to pick up three souls.
    Picking them up or dumping points into all 3? Anyone who dumps points into all trees will be gimped, in my opinion, based upon past MMO experience. Would you want to group with someone who doesn't have higher-tier abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroheals View Post
    Picking them up or dumping points into all 3? Anyone who dumps points into all trees will be gimped, in my opinion, based upon past MMO experience. Would you want to group with someone who doesn't have higher-tier abilities?
    Actually, quite a large portion of the truly top tier abilities are situational at best, and you get better baseline effectiveness and efficiency by splitting them up after getting the 38/44 point abilities. Some tress don't even need that many points. Granted, some trees have absolutely fantastic max-tier abilities. But not all of them.

Aedraxis - Defiant:
    - Neuroticaine, Veyne, Rhayge, Sevrys

Closed Thread