+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If Saboteur was a Mage Soul

Soulwalker

Default If Saboteur was a Mage Soul

Detonate would have a 2.0 sec. cast time.

Its only fair considering mages can wear cloth.

Discuss....

Detonate is just pushing the button, why the hell would that have cast time!?

Its the charges that would have the cast time
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Champion of Telara

They would have longer range.... and higher damage.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Plane Touched

They could sub 16 into riftstalker for instant no cooldown long duration cc and a manadrain that not only drains clerics mana, it drains tears from their eyes to fill a giant ocean of forum QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    Detonate is just pushing the button, why the hell would that have cast time!?

Its the charges that would have the cast time
    This, all charges would have at least a 1.5 sec cast time after speccing into a speed reduction skill ;)

sab / dominator would be fun.
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Norsu View Post
    They could sub 16 into riftstalker for instant no cooldown long duration cc and a manadrain that not only drains clerics mana, it drains tears from their eyes to fill a giant ocean of forum QQ.
    Riftstalker gets no mana drain... their only CC is at 26 points and lasts 6 seconds, and makes the target invulnerable to everything.

Soulwalker

At level 50, i'd rather go up against the burst of a sabo, than the burst of a well specced Mage. They rival sabo burst, have higher sustained damage and have a craploads of stuns.

Default I approve this thread

Quote Originally Posted by musclemilk View Post
    at level 50, i'd rather go up against the burst of a sabo, than the burst of a well specced mage. They rival sabo burst, have higher sustained damage and have a craploads of stuns.
    agree.......
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the Blizzard pill - the story ends, you wake up in WoW and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Trion pill - you stay in RIFT and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Plane Touched

If Saboteur was a mage soul

charges would have a baseline 3 second cast time, 3 spec point would be required to lower that to 1.5 seconds
    charges would be on a 15 second cooldown
    each of the 5 charges would require 3 other skills to be used before applying
    detonate would have a 6 second baseline cast time
    Bomb snare would be single target and on a 45 second cooldown
    Silence bomb would be single target, and be on a 1 minute cooldown
    Saboteur would do air damage and not synergize with any of the other mage souls
    People would suddenly consider Saboteur a support class
    Saboteur will inexplicably be nerfed the next 3 patches with no response from Trion
    Last edited by yewkon; 03-07-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Musclemilk View Post
    At level 50, i'd rather go up against the burst of a sabo, than the burst of a well specced Mage. They rival sabo burst, have higher sustained damage and have a craploads of stuns.
    because 90% of the people playing Sabs in this game are scrubs, who jump around like idiots while spamming 2 buttons.

When you run into a saboteur who actually knows how to play, you wish it was a mage.
    Last edited by yewkon; 03-07-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post
    because 90% of the people playing Sabs in this game are scrubs, who jump around like idiots while spamming 2 buttons.

When you run into a saboteur who actually knows how to play, you wish it was a mage.
    This is so true. One of my guildies is a sab, and we group alot for leveling. We have had a "kill so many mob quest" where he can consistanly drop 3 mobs faster than I can drop 1. He even has time to come over to my mob to finish it off. A well played sab is out right dangerous.

I stopped trying to dps and just switch to cloro spec when we group. Just non stop killing.
    Last edited by azryeal; 03-07-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Celeritylol View Post
    sab / dominator would be fun.
    Haha what a monster.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post

Wrong.......

+ Reply to Thread