+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So PvP is for warriors and rogues?

Default So PvP is for warriors and rogues?

Seriously clerics and mages are useless in pvp cuz silences last 30 sec and mana can be drained in 2 sec.
    Warriors and rogues can keep going forever. Should we all reroll warrior rogue for pvp?

Right now I am in 40-49 bracket and all the WFs I have been in are 70% rogue+warr and 2-3 casters running around like chickens with no mana(including me).
    Last edited by Finglor; 03-06-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Omnium rerum principia parva sunt. - Cicero

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Finglor View Post
    Seriously clerics and mages are useless in pvp cuz silences last 30 sec and mana can be drained in 2 sec.
    Warriors and rogues can keep going forever. Should we all reroll warrior rogue for pvp?

Right now I am in 40-49 bracket and all 70% of the WFs are rogue+warr and 2-3 casters running around like chickens with no mana.
    if you want to win in warfronts you either roll warrior, or cleric. since nothing else can really compare to them at 50

My cleric is oomed in 2-3 secs by a spell that I don't know it drains like 1k mana every hit and i have 2.5k mana.

So I am totally useless after that. How can they be useful in 50?
    Omnium rerum principia parva sunt. - Cicero

Soulwalker

Right now I am in 40-49 bracket and all the WFs I have been in are 70% rogue+warr and 2-3 casters running around like chickens with no mana(including me).
    Ii have to agree, I have tried various roles and feel that ages are useless in pvp. I love my necro in pve and I love my chloro in pve but PVP is. Lame. I am going to hold out to see how end game is but as of right now, I almost want to roll a sab just to get the pvp points.

Soulwalker

tbh, rogues suck at PvP. I've been healing at 50 for a good couple days now, and I'm never afraid of a rogue on me. They're damage just doesn't seem impressive at all.

Warriors on the other hand, 1700, 2400 its just too much damage with a 5 second stun or whatever the hell they're doing. As well as a good 50% healing debuff.

Mages that arn't dominator and draining clerics mana are also useless.

If your a cleric that just got drained...back up, drink and get back in it. About your only option.

Cleric 0-30
    Sabs 20-30
    Warriors post 35, nothing else is remotely comparable.

It's funny how balanced the game would be with no Warriors and half the rogue classes.

Clerics do seam a bit lacking but they have several damage shields.

Mages can pvp, they are especially good at dominating clerics I'd say but yeah they are weak against rouges.

At the moment, a well played rouge is the most powerful toon, this early on however not that many seams to use their cc.
    Warriors are good but it seams most of the targets I've fought with my warrior thinks they should not throw in their cc abilities, which is weird...
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

You guys must be talking in the level 40-49 bracket.

Below that there are more mages than melee in every warfront i have played in, usualy mages, warriors, then rogues from my experience. The warriors arent too much trouble as there arent many good ones, the 1-1-1-1-1 (1 beaing flamespear) warriors are easily beaten by a good assassin or melee warrior.

Mages cause me more problems on my assassin because they seem to stick together so you attack one and the others all CC you, but solo they are pretty easily killed which shouldnt be the case to be fair.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plane Touched

Everyone in here talking about warriors, try to at least look like you know what spec of warrior you're talking about. If you're going to single out dominators and talk about 'half the rogue classes', do the same for warriors. Unless you're getting owned by beastmasters, in which case, carry on, nothing anyone can do to help you.

Actually, thread started by a cleric who can't check his combat log to see where his mana went. Never mind me, carry on.
    Last edited by Norsu; 03-06-2011 at 11:29 PM.

The higher PvP bracket I get to, the higher concentration of Warriors I see. I wonder why.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Shield of Telara

There are two things (at least) going on with Warriors in PvP currently:

1. There are some builds doing more damage than they should be, this will probably be addressed. You can't honestly believe that Trion is not working on balance issues constantly, can you? They're just not being stupid and rolling out half-baked fixes to appease the masses. GIVE THEM TIME.

2. Warriors are realizing they can do more than get beat on, they can also do real damage. So, they are doing more PvP. I know that is true for me. I hated PvP in other games as a Warrior because I couldn't do anything but get beat on (aka ignored until everyone else is dead). I still am not a fan of PvP simply because it's not what I play MMOs for, but I can see the allure for other Warriors coming from a similar background as myself.

All these threads saying the same thing really don't do anything. Everyone knows there are some imbalances. Trion also should realize they need to not knee-jerk any fixes like they did right before headstart with a couple of classes. Again, give them time. They have proven they know what they're doing in creating this game and fixing things all through Beta; let them work on these without threatening them with empty threats.

Every game for me so far has generally been made up of 50-60% warriors. About halfway through rank 2 prestige so far.
    Mercy/Celerity/Leviticus ~ Brocliff

Well i just did my first Codex for lvl40+ and my team had 5 mages and the other team had at least half the team mages.

All the QQ'ing in other threads about mages being weak is totaly untrue from what i could see. Every mage i targeted from stealth broke CC immediately then nuked me to half health, so i restealth and attack again, immediately he breaks CC again and blinks, snares, nukes then blinks again ffs lol.

How many blinks do mages get?

I was laughing so hard, it looks like im gonna have to leave mages alone and start killing warriors again :P
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Soulwalker

Something I noticed when Warhammer first launched was that the scenarios there always seemed imbalanced either towards melee or ranged. it was mostly just a matter of people trying certain classes, other people seeing them for the first time, thinking they were cool, then rolling them... So you'd wind up with entire scenarios full of one or two classes and... blah. Everyone thought "OMG OP!" Let it roll for at least a couple of months, let people settle in to what they like, then you can start swining the Nerf bat or giving classes cybernetic I-Kick-Yo-*** implants if needed. It's waay too early in the live game to make these determinations now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast