+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Flamespear and RiftSurge = Skill

Default Flamespear and RiftSurge = Skill

Thought i'd take a screenshot of some of the damage flamespear and riftsurge does vs a level 50 (as a level 49 riftblade)

Things to note

I only used Pillaging Stone attack as that's probably the second best "regular" nuke you can get on a caster, and I wanted to shot in comparison to Flamespear damage, I don't bother to show Neddra's Grasp from Warlocks, as it's hitting for about 100 on crit, (it delves for 36, vs 211 on Rift Surge, same exact abilities)

http://img217.imageshack.us/f/20110306205536.jpg/

Basically, Pillaging Stone hits for 317, has a 2 second cast time...

while Flamespear with a 1hander/shield hits for 334 and is instant cast...

Rift Surge hits close to 500 damage not crit,, this is a fire and forget ability that does more damage then most of the nukes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Thought i'd take a screenshot of some of the damage flamespear and riftsurge does vs a level 50 (as a level 49 riftblade)

Things to note

I only used Pillaging Stone attack as that's probably the second best "regular" nuke you can get on a caster, and I wanted to shot in comparison to Flamespear damage, I don't bother to show Neddra's Grasp from Warlocks, as it's hitting for about 100 on crit, (it delves for 36, vs 211 on Rift Surge, same exact abilities)

http://img217.imageshack.us/f/20110306205536.jpg/

Basically, Pillaging Stone hits for 317, has a 2 second cast time...

while Flamespear with a 1hander/shield hits for 334 and is instant cast...

Rift Surge hits close to 500 damage not crit,, this is a fire and forget ability that does more damage then most of the nukes I have.

Not sure if w/e class you're playing can silence but riftblades can be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethevn View Post
    Not sure if w/e class you're playing can silence but riftblades can be silenced.
    Unlike warriors mages can't gib a class within a silence. Rift surge is such a load of crap it's not even funny. I stopped playing my Lock/Necro in PvP because our dots hit for 1/5 of what warrior dots hit for. But its ok because WFs are increasingly becoming walls of warriors and rogues so much fun to be had
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Unlike warriors mages can't gib a class within a silence. Rift surge is such a load of crap it's not even funny. I stopped playing my Lock/Necro in PvP because our dots hit for 1/5 of what warrior dots hit for. But its ok because WFs are increasingly becoming walls of warriors and rogues so much fun to be had
    So don't play the dot mage?

Oh and I was crit by Fulminate for 2.9k today at 50 in a WF.

So don't play the dot mage?

Oh and I was crit by Fulminate for 2.9k today at 50 in a WF.
    That's a 51 pt root ability not a 16pt tree ability that if each dot crits at 50 does way more dam then fulminate can ever do. Fulminate is also a 45 sec cooldown where as Rift Surge has a 15 sec duration and a 10 sec cooldown.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    That's a 51 pt root ability not a 16pt tree ability that if each dot crits at 50 does way more dam then fulminate can ever do. Fulminate is also a 45 sec cooldown where as Rift Surge has a 15 sec duration and a 10 sec cooldown.
    Bingo honestly warriors in general (paladin are safe) need a 30-25% nerf across the board.

Telaran

For flamespear wait till other people start getting gear...

They will be doing more damage, flame spear will be doing... THE SAME DAMAGE!!!

Riftblades are the most horrendously scaling soul in the game....

a 50 riftblade with crap gear and a 50 riftblade with raid gear do roughly the same damage.

Ascendant

not sure if w/e class you're playing can silence but any class that can silence can be silenced. riftblades have a 15s cd 5s silence.

As a follower of the Riftblade Religion, I feed off of our tears.

Get good Riftblade dmg doesn't scale for **** at 50 even with gear so complain more.

Oh and btw the people that spam flamespear are bad. You guys would be *****ing a lot more if they were actually playing the soul right.
    Last edited by Arago; 03-06-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShivanAngel View Post
    For flamespear wait till other people start getting gear...

They will be doing more damage, flame spear will be doing... THE SAME DAMAGE!!!

Riftblades are the most horrendously scaling soul in the game....

a 50 riftblade with crap gear and a 50 riftblade with raid gear do roughly the same damage.
    Remember folks, mages have to progress to raid level gear to equal the damage of a riftblade with crap gear....

but its balanced, because riftblades don't progress *grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Remember folks, mages have to progress to raid level gear to equal the damage of a riftblade with crap gear....

but its balanced, because riftblades don't progress *grin*
    And even then, the riftblade just respec's to a champion and hits for 2-3x that of an equally geared sin.

Good times (for warriors that is)!!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpathumpa View Post
    Bingo honestly warriors in general (paladin are safe) need a 30-25% nerf across the board.
    ^this guy plays a paladin,

No they don't need a nerf you just need to not be a dumbass.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BlackUdder View Post
    And even then, the riftblade just respec's to a champion and hits for 2-3x that of an equally geared sin.

Good times (for warriors that is)!!!
    Sin attacks faster, has more utility and should be picking his targets not letting his targets pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance View Post
    ^this guy plays a paladin,

No they don't need a nerf you just need to not be a dumbass.
    You hear that folks, Warriors don't need a nerf, they're all the smart players in the game.. It seems all the dumb *** players decided to choose Mages this time around, while all the smart players chose Warriors.

and in WAR, all the smart players chose Bright Wizards, and all the dumb players played everything else.

and in daoc, They all played Berserkers and Sorcs.

I will say this, all the smart players are really consistent with playing classes and pwning with them..

I mean, it couldn't possibly be that their class is remotely unbalanced in any sense... no... they're all just the best players on the planet.

*grin*

Scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance View Post
    Sin attacks faster, has more utility and should be picking his targets not letting his targets pick him.
    you're right.

Despite the champion dealing 2-3x more damage then him in plate and more HP, it's alright because the Sin attacks faster and needs to choose his targets carefully lest they blink in his direction and his HP goes to 0.

Balanced right?
    Shard: Shadefallen
    Yzona - Level 37 Mage (Chloromancer/Necro/Warlock)
    Igliaz - Level 30 Rogue (Rifstalker/Blade Dancer/Ranger)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast