+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bored of mage. Need new class to play with gf.

Shadowlander

Default Bored of mage. Need new class to play with gf.

Okay, so I've been playing next to nothing but mages since Beta 7. Kinda sick of them really... And my girlfriend who rolled Rogue wants to play Cleric now

So I'm re-rolling. We're playing on a PvP server where a friend has a fairly active guild. Problem is, the way Trion set the soul system up is very interesting, but also very confusing for nubs like me.

I'm between Rogue and Warrior now. I just want a calling/soul combo that is easy to play, with high survivability in Warfronts and rifts.

P.S. Lots of powerful AoE attacks will be great. My mage is strong 1v1, but in later areas like Smith's Haven, when you get aggro-ed by 3-4 mobs, I have no chance at all.
    Last edited by DaAznKnight; 03-02-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Telaran

Play a rogue, like everyone else. They can do it all. Bards are the best WF healers and support, they have the best ranged DPS, the best melee DPS, and their riftstalker soul gives them incredible survivability.

There is a reason 4 of every 5 players is a rogue.

Go sab. Use only it and no other souls. Do not put any points into the tree, just keep boosting blast charge and detonate at your trainer.

When you get bored blowing everything up, add just enough points to get a new skill to experiment with. Repeat this process as often as needed.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaAznKnight View Post
    Okay, so I've been playing next to nothing but mages since Beta 7. Kinda sick of them really... And my girlfriend who rolled Rogue wants to play Cleric now

So I'm re-rolling. We're playing on a PvP server where a friend has a fairly active guild. Problem is, the way Trion set the soul system up is very interesting, but also very confusing for nubs like me.

I'm between Rogue and Warrior now. I just want a calling/soul combo that is easy to play, with high survivability in Warfronts and rifts.

P.S. Lots of powerful AoE attacks will be great. My mage is strong 1v1, but in later areas like Smith's Haven, when you get aggro-ed by 3-4 mobs, I have no chance at all.
    I suggest rolling a Rogue.

They are the most versatile. You can help heal, you can DPS and you can tank.

Oh and they have AOEs too.

What more could you want?!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Go sab. Use only it and no other souls. Do not put any points into the tree, just keep boosting blast charge and detonate at your trainer.

When you get bored blowing everything up, add just enough points to get a new skill to experiment with. Repeat this process as often as needed.
    lol

point on the dollie where the big bad Saboteur touched you (likely the same place as they touch everyone else)

Soulwalker

I'm still enjoying my mage, but I'll probably roll a rogue if I feel like playing something else.

Vote in the Rift Top Fan Contest! - Win a Computer, Geforce GTX 570 or 1 yr. of Rift Game Time!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GLStephen View Post
    I'm still enjoying my mage, but I'll probably roll a rogue if I feel like playing something else.
    No.
    Roll a rogue now, join us.

This game plainly needs more rogues.

Rift Chaser

I agree with the above, even if some aren't being really helpful.

The Rogue is the most versatile, but it also meets all your criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayonboard View Post
    point on the dollie where the big bad Saboteur touched you (likely the same place as they touch everyone else)
    Around deeper 30s, a good mage with dominator primary or secondary soul will wipe the floor clean with a saboteur and end the fight almost untouched. Sabs are a one trick pony, once you break the trick, you have a dead horse.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread