+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casters! why don't you turn!!

Default Casters! why don't you turn!!

Doesn't anyone find it frustrating having to manually turn when using an abillity to hit your target? Melees just

go round and round on me while I try to face him unsuccessfully. Isn't this going to get fixed? I'd like to

automatically face the target I'm trying to hit instead of getting the "you must face your target" warning.

Having to stand still to cast a spell and getting that message is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by lukos04 View Post
    Doesn't anyone find it frustrating having to manually turn when using an abillity to hit your target? Melees just

go round and round on me while I try to face him unsuccessfully. Isn't this going to get fixed? I'd like to

automatically face the target I'm trying to hit instead of getting the "you must face your target" warning.

Well you're making a few mistakes. You're not CCing your target, letting your target get into melee range with you, and, worst of all, relying on cast time spells in direct combat. PvP is about mobility, speed, and burst. As a mage in rift I understand that those are hard to do but it's perfectly possible. The spec I use only has one stand still spell (I use Opp. Reactively for higher level CCs) and that's a very short channeled spell called Soul Purge. Play around with some other trees or try a less challenging class first.

E: Fixed a typo.
    Last edited by mr_19; 03-02-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Lightbulb

I just jump in the air, flip my mouse around, fire my instant CC, and flip back around mid jump. Or sometimes I just strafe and fire it as well. It's really simple to work around if you put a little time in to practicing how.

Try turning with your mouse. Autoface isn't going to happen.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kanglish View Post
    Try turning with your mouse. Autoface isn't going to happen.
    Nor should it. Autoface murders any tactical advantage to attacking from behind beyond the first 2 hits.

The only way I would want to see autoface implemented is if it was for PvE ONLY. (And I'm not a PvPer, I just hate autoface when I do randomly decide to PvP)

Shadowlander

Mage classes have much bigger problems than needing auto-face..

It is possible to work through someone circle strafing you, you just cannot work around broken mechanics.

Trying to get that 2 second cast off for your 1 form of CC while you get hit with 2 different CC abilities from the guy charging you..yup, who do you think is going to lose there..

I find it frustrating that I have to circle strafe casters.

Can't you just face away from me on your own?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    Nor should it. Autoface murders any tactical advantage to attacking from behind beyond the first 2 hits.

The only way I would want to see autoface implemented is if it was for PvE ONLY. (And I'm not a PvPer, I just hate autoface when I do randomly decide to PvP)
    That depends on one thing: Do WoW style "run-through interrupts" work in Rift? That is, can melee simply run through the caster at the last moment and deny them basically every spellcast?

Telaran

LMFAO

So basically you're saying you don't want to have to do anything in PvP. You want to stand still while a melee is beating the crap out of you and expect to kill him? Where's the skill in that? I thought PvP was about skill.. or at least it tries to be about skill

Like the person above said. Why don't you automatically face away from us when we're trying to backstab you???????????????

Rift Disciple

Running through a mob interrupts their casting as well. Should they move their mouse more quickly?

I don't want auto-face, but the LoS checks need to be tweaked a bit.

Knock knock.
    Who's th
    INTERRUPTING RUN-THROUGH
    Last edited by Azach; 03-02-2011 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread