+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 149

Thread: Remember in Warhammer when people said wait for max level to balance pvp?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Remember in Warhammer when people said wait for max level to balance pvp?

    And 1-40 Bright Wizards were blowing everyone up, at at 40.. they were still doing it..

    What happened to that game?

    a large portion of the population up and quit because no one likes being 1 shot by skill-less nubs.

    While you cannot have perfect balance in an MMO, and while you cannot balance all levels in a pvp game..

    It doesn't take a genius or anyone with an IQ more then 2 to realize that any class that Frontloads all it's damage in one spell and can one shot most of the callings in the game, might be a tab bit over the top and not healthy for a game's population.

    Hell, they could actually pull a page from Warhammer and make it so you have a chance to blow yourself up when tossing grenades.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    91

    Default

    hmm you are complaing about warhammer in rift forums and granades.....is this whine about sabos?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I guess your tears are related to the sabo, just play a character with a poison dispel or roll with someone who does.

    Before you say "waaaaa can't beat them 1v1 waaaaa" this is a multiplayer game. Deal.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Amrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    247

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    And 1-40 Bright Wizards were blowing everyone up, at at 40.. they were still doing it..

    What happened to that game?

    a large portion of the population up and quit because no one likes being 1 shot by skill-less nubs.
    What if those Bright Wizards were skillful nubs? Then what? Just curious.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    And 1-40 Bright Wizards were blowing everyone up, at at 40.. they were still doing it..

    What happened to that game?

    a large portion of the population up and quit because no one likes being 1 shot by skill-less nubs.

    While you cannot have perfect balance in an MMO, and while you cannot balance all levels in a pvp game..

    It doesn't take a genius or anyone with an IQ more then 2 to realize that any class that Frontloads all it's damage in one spell and can one shot most of the callings in the game, might be a tab bit over the top and not healthy for a game's population.

    Hell, they could actually pull a page from Warhammer and make it so you have a chance to blow yourself up when tossing grenades.

    Glass Cannon.
    Game Term. Refers to a class of vehicle or sometimes a unit that has very high attack strength and sometimes long range but generally poor defense and low health as a result.

    The general strategy for them is to either destroy the enemy before being attacked or hides behind other, stronger ally units.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Sadly...
    I had high hopes for this game. They did a great job with designing the world/play areas..

    But this title is going to challenge Tabula Rasa for the title of fastest MMO to go dark. The class balance is pathetic and they seem absolutely clueless as to what they need to do about it. For a title to actively promote itself as a pvp game and launch with such a huge disparity in class mechanics/abilities is just mind boggling.

    There are still class abilities that flat out do not work and have not since at least beta 3. How does that happen? All of the mage souls work like they were designed for a totally different style of game from the other 3..

    I just do not think they are going to make it..just sad..

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Except Sabs are not glass cannons, they are a kiting class. They are based around ranged attacks and have one of the best snares in the game (aoe).... pick up another soul for a snare and your g2g against melee.... thats not being a glass cannon, that is being a glass cannon with jet boots on. Also they deal much more damage then any ranged class curently so thats not a big issue either. Sabs are not balanced in pvp because pvp is about mobility (they are one of the bests), burst (ya.....) and survivability (that shouldnt be a huge issue for any decent player)

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Its funny seeing how some people feel about Sabs. Most people see it as a challenge. A challenge is fun. Then theres the group that think there overpowered and complain and complain and complain. When you reach a challenge in real life do you ask for it to be nerfed too?

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Because my cinder burst takes the same amount of time to cast and I have to sit still to do it and it does about 1/3 to 1/2 of the damage of a sabos charges....

    if I could start casting it and then run around for 6 seconds that'd be another story..

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer Kruunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    And 1-40 Bright Wizards were blowing everyone up, at at 40.. they were still doing it..

    What happened to that game?

    a large portion of the population up and quit because no one likes being 1 shot by skill-less nubs.

    While you cannot have perfect balance in an MMO, and while you cannot balance all levels in a pvp game..

    It doesn't take a genius or anyone with an IQ more then 2 to realize that any class that Frontloads all it's damage in one spell and can one shot most of the callings in the game, might be a tab bit over the top and not healthy for a game's population.

    Hell, they could actually pull a page from Warhammer and make it so you have a chance to blow yourself up when tossing grenades.
    Someone got blowed up recently I'm thinking.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander avoidconfusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    People didn't quit Warhammer because Bright Wizards were OP for a while (Sorceress was even more OP btw), they quit because the end-game and RvR was crap.

    Ultima Online: Campa - Atlantic Shard
    Everquest: Cladoosh, Shaman - Rallos Zek
    Dark Age of Camelot: Pest, Infiltrator - Merlin
    Shadowbane: Campa, Prelate - Scorn
    ....

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Amorascus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    163

    Default

    As a healer, I can't just sit there spamming cleanse over and over. Sentinel is the only class that gets a spammable one. Warden one removes one charge every two seconds.

    If cleanse worked and wiped all charges instead of just one at a time, then Sabs wouldn't be so bad. But that's not how it works.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Pipra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    People didn't quit Warhammer because Bright Wizards were OP for a while (Sorceress was even more OP btw), they quit because the end-game and RvR was crap.
    The BW and Sorc mechanic is terrible. The lashback damage was easliy counterable with group heals and their damage multipliers are ridiculous. When compared to how much harder a Shadow Warrior had to work to even approach a similar level of damage, it was easy to see why players were frustrated.

    But, that's not the problem with Sabs in this game. People are upset about Sabs because they don't notice or can't counter the charges building up and then *BOOM* they're dead. Sabs don't do vastly more damage than other DPS souls, they just get to dump all that damage in a burst.

    I'm in favor of this, by the way. Making Clerics explode is a pretty good way of dealing with them. Steady streams of damage are often just healed through.

  14. #14
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Because my cinder burst takes the same amount of time to cast and I have to sit still to do it and it does about 1/3 to 1/2 of the damage of a sabos charges....

    if I could start casting it and then run around for 6 seconds that'd be another story..
    LOL people actually try and cast a 6 second Cinderburst in PVP??

    Opportunity and Pyromancer's armour are there for a purpose, use them.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    The BW and Sorc mechanic is terrible. The lashback damage was easliy counterable with group heals and their damage multipliers are ridiculous. When compared to how much harder a Shadow Warrior had to work to even approach a similar level of damage, it was easy to see why players were frustrated.

    But, that's not the problem with Sabs in this game. People are upset about Sabs because they don't notice or can't counter the charges building up and then *BOOM* they're dead. Sabs don't do vastly more damage than other DPS souls, they just get to dump all that damage in a burst.

    I'm in favor of this, by the way. Making Clerics explode is a pretty good way of dealing with them. Steady streams of damage are often just healed through.
    It's that and they can do it with two buttons. Which is also what pissed me off about BW/Sorc, is the ease they could do their damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts