Closed Thread

Thread: Make weapon enchantments/buffs VISUAL?

Telaran

Default Make weapon enchantments/buffs VISUAL?

So we all got our little "runes" that we can apply to our weapons for visual effects because we pre-ordered. But, we know the stats on those suck and it's a pain to keep re-applying it just for the cool look.

I noticed that a lot of classes have "weapon enchantments" however, these enchantments don't have any visual effect on your weapon. They have an effect when applying it like Hellfire Blades, your swords get a fiery effect then it disappears. Why?

Are there visual weapon enchantments waiting at end-game? If not, I say that all weapon enchantments should have a visual effect on the weapons. All who agree say IOSJDIUHdiZicljznsiczixcIZOX8i.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    So we all got our little "runes" that we can apply to our weapons for visual effects because we pre-ordered. But, we know the stats on those suck and it's a pain to keep re-applying it just for the cool look.

I noticed that a lot of classes have "weapon enchantments" however, these enchantments don't have any visual effect on your weapon. They have an effect when applying it like Hellfire Blades, your swords get a fiery effect then it disappears. Why?

Are there visual weapon enchantments waiting at end-game? If not, I say that all weapon enchantments should have a visual effect on the weapons. All who agree say IOSJDIUHdiZicljznsiczixcIZOX8i.
    IOSJDIUHdiZicljznsiczixcIZOX8i
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Telaran

bump? DDDD

Rift Disciple

I disagree, actually. Now, I'm all for cool particle effects.

And the skills and such you speak of do have them. When they "being used," as it were.

Save the constant particle effects for the really cool gear, that's how it stands out, and what makes it really cool.

Thumbs up

I didn't like the weapon enchant effects being visual in... other MMOs. ;)
    So I actually like it the way it is now.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bitrot View Post
    I disagree, actually. Now, I'm all for cool particle effects.

And the skills and such you speak of do have them. When they "being used," as it were.

Save the constant particle effects for the really cool gear, that's how it stands out, and what makes it really cool.
    Well, like I said, are there cool particle effects on weapon enchantments waiting at end-game? If so, that changes a lot. Then i'd agree that i only want effects on the best gear.

Closed Thread