+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rift: War of the Healers

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    I seriously doubt anything I say will win over anyone when I say this, or that there is a good way to say it without everyone immediately jumping on it and telling me I'm wrong in a variety of ways, so I'm just going to say that I feel that healers of all types in this game need to be reworked and toned down - they are simply too powerful, and too numerous because of that fact.

The customization afforded to players, while a great idea and something I truly like, will literally be the downfall of this game in my opinion if something is not done to balance it - and I'll admit that it's hard to do something like this effectively, especially in a game like this. Champions Online suffered from the same problem, and unfortunately their answer to fixing it was to completely change the game ala-SWG. I don't want to see that happen, but I also don't see people sticking it out in this game for the long term the way it is now.

You can disagree all you want, but I know it will get tiresome and people will eventually quit playing because of this shortcoming. It happened in CO, and it will happen here. I really don't want that to happen, so please do something.
    Completely disagree with the op.

Firstly, healers get focussed so need to be hard to kill otherwise they'd die in 2 secs. If they are not being focussed, then your team sucks.

Secondly, there is a massive shortage of healers, unless I play my cleric, the only heals I get in WFs are from my bard! I'd beginning to doubt if defiant have any other clerics other than mine.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tworak View Post
    I really do think this guy has a shot at getting on the Trion balance team.
    I do too, with the last minute nerfs to some classes Trion did on alpha/beta before release, I lost a lot of faith in Trion's ability for class balance. Trion might actually cave in to the few idiots like the OP.
    Last edited by Empathetic; 03-02-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Killing people with logic since 1997 UO (The first true 3D MMO that wasn't WOW.).

Champion of Telara

All healer souls need the bat in one of the following ways;

1. More pushback when getting hit.
    or
    2. Removal of flat-damage reduction and non-interruptable defenses (bubbles).
    or
    3. Lowered amount of overall healing and/or increased mana cost.

Just one of these would bring them to where I think they need to be.
    uhm lol?
    1) we already have no ways to counter pushback. with 1 person on ya it takes 5-6 seconds to cast the 3sec heal, 2 people, you aren't casting it at all.
    2) you have healing debuffs we have damage reduction to counter. On stupid timers (2 mins for sentinel 40% damage reduc)
    3) mana costs are already high enough. any more and you kill non-chloromancers solo healing dungeon bosses

Bad ideas are bad. learn to focus fire and use things like mana drain and lingering wounds to reduce healing. plenty of options are there, without destroying healers.
    Last edited by Baconbits; 03-02-2011 at 11:04 AM.

I'm sorry my opinion offends you - perhaps you should leave.

The game is also not fine, so... yeah, find somewhere else to complain about complaining.

There's also so many holes in your post that it would take more time than I care to spend addressing it all.
    Rofl, you hate the game.. hate the mechanics, hate the gameplay.. hate the forum posters..

Why don't you just leave?

You are like a stubborn kid fighting over a sandbox because you can. Grow up or adapt.
    Last edited by Onyx-; 03-02-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Plane Touched

I seriously doubt anything I say will win over anyone when I say this, or that there is a good way to say it without everyone immediately jumping on it and telling me I'm wrong in a variety of ways, so I'm just going to say that I feel that healers of all types in this game need to be reworked and toned down - they are simply too powerful, and too numerous because of that fact.

The customization afforded to players, while a great idea and something I truly like, will literally be the downfall of this game in my opinion if something is not done to balance it - and I'll admit that it's hard to do something like this effectively, especially in a game like this. Champions Online suffered from the same problem, and unfortunately their answer to fixing it was to completely change the game ala-SWG. I don't want to see that happen, but I also don't see people sticking it out in this game for the long term the way it is now.

You can disagree all you want, but I know it will get tiresome and people will eventually quit playing because of this shortcoming. It happened in CO, and it will happen here. I really don't want that to happen, so please do something.

Considering you are in a complete minority here...I doubt anyone has much to worry about people quitting for a short coming that clearly does not exist. However it seems it will give all the benefit of one person quitting.

Plane Walker

All healer souls need the bat in one of the following ways;

1. More pushback when getting hit.
    or
    2. Removal of flat-damage reduction and non-interruptable defenses (bubbles).
    or
    3. Lowered amount of overall healing and/or increased mana cost.

Just one of these would bring them to where I think they need to be.
    I don't do this often but...

LOL!

That's some of the worst crap I've read all day. And I've been browsing General Discussion a lot.

Play a healer, see how long your mana lasts, see how much pushback there already is, then come back to this thread. Don't try to balance from the peanut gallery with no experience yourself. I particularly like the "remove bubbles" request: f--- it, let's just remove the Purifier tree altogether.

If you're having trouble killing healers in group PvP, bring a VK or Dom: Game over. Alternatively, learn use any of the ridiculous amount of CC in the game (that clerics have very, very few counters for), or quit letting the clerics run behind trees to break combat and drink to restore the empty mana pool that you seem to think is endless. All it takes is a single ranger pet chasing the cleric (with that wonderful infinite-range-no-LoS-required pet heal that rangers get) and it's as good as a perma-mez for an OOM cleric until their pot timer refreshes.
    Last edited by Flim; 03-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.

This is only true for 1v1.

But if a healer can't out heal your damage 1v1 than in a group setting they would have no prayer of keeping someone alive with 2+ dps on them.

So the choices are basically, Healers out heal everyone 1v1 or there's no point in using healers in group fighting because if 2+ people assist than they still can't survive.

Personally I'll deal with Healers out healing 1v1.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plenty of people agree with me. It's fine that none of you don't. You'll get what's coming to you eventually.

Plenty of people agree with me. It's fine that none of you don't. You'll get what's coming to you eventually.

And your little dog too!
    Last edited by Mr Malingers; 03-02-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    I've been in a game in 20-29 where both sides had 5 healers. Each side just stood in AoE and at the end over 8 people had over 100k(close to 200k) damage, but nearly no kills. Bard cadence imba.
    Nope. Working as intended. If people just stand around like goobers pouring DPS into each other with no thought to stun, interrupt, or shut down healers then a pointless match is exactly what you're going to get.

I'm not targeting you, Stimuz, because I think you're savvy to the issue here, but for people who keep failing to get the message let me repeat it:

You cannot bring your PvE spec and PvE mindset into a PvP arena and expect to dominate. You *must* plan your build to counter living, breathing enemies who understand their own class mechanics if you want to have any chance to win, or even thrive in PvP.

I mean, geez - I play on a PvE server, and I perfectly understand this. I don't understand why it continues to elude people. Are these same people taking their stock Honda Civics into the Indy 500, and wondering why they can't win? Are they asking NASCAR for a nerf to top speeds so their street-legal hatchbacks can compete?
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Soulwalker

Default learn the game better dont dumb down characters like WOW

Quote Originally Posted by brambles View Post
    if you have played any good pvp game, then you should of noticed this in it. Healers can not be killed quickly, healers are the turning point in battles, whoever has the better healers will win. Thats how pvp works.
    If you are complaining because it takes you forever to kill a cleric, then you either a) were not smart with your souls and didnt get an interrupt or b) you are expecting too much when facing a healer.
    As a cleric, i have healed through 2 or 3 dps if they dont have interrupts until i am out of mana. On the other hand, i have clicked the respawn button rubbing my butt from a solo dps.
    If you are dying from a cleric that is also out healing you, i would be interested to see his soul choices.

In this game everyone has their roles, some souls are better at killing healers than others. You cant expect everything to be balanced so that any spec can kill everyone. There are counters to to different souls. If you dont like how trion has set this game up, then leave. Im quite tired of all the whiners on these forums complaining about things that are obviously fine.
    come the system is great check ur setup

The game is not centered around nor balanced for 1v1 PVP.
    Healing is essential to most PVE activities, "toning" them down would mean either dumbing down PVE or making PVE content unworkable.

In a group vs group a healer is usually dead meat, especially against a good group.

I do Warfronts often and I can tell a good organized team vs a group of unorganized players.

Against the former I am shut down and my heals are effectively worthless; in the latter I can seem invincible.

When I have joined with two well organized groups, then the PVP really shines because we see them trying to shut us down, while we are trying to shut them down; but in both cases we are trying to keep our safe.

A good healer can make or break a team.
    Last edited by Delphya; 03-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4