+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Prove the community wrong please

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    579

    Default Prove the community wrong please

    Mages...videos...parses....

    show us the light miid range 20-40

    i know htere are level 50 mages out there, or at least 45+

    show us all the light, end this madness once and for all

    that is all....parses...videos....teach us how to play if you will.

    i dont want to see squirrels+group kill
    i dont want to see necro 1vs1

    there hast to be more to mages than that.

    show me pyro taking down a warrior or cleric 1vs1
    show us there are other options besides the necro/warlock/chloro and dominator squirrel+group kills
    show us all the suggestion on how we break cc and kill people as sugested on all the threads here. show us our best vs the current "OP" class soul combos...you know which ones...

    show us balance please
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-01-2011 at 08:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Completely agree.

    Everyone single person who says "MAGES ARE FINE L2P" gives absolutely nothing to back it up. The only thing they do is randomly insult you and say your terrible. It's that kind of community that's going to keep mages terrible forever.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Madae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Mages are fine. The proof is that I've actually fought mages who tanked me as a rogue and killed me.

    See this post for further information.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The fact that you died in a fight doesn't prove anything.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Madae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumorseal View Post
    The fact that you died in a fight doesn't prove anything.
    Yes... Yes, it does.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    44

    Default

    So glad you can read the OP. Yet another person with absolutely no numbers/parses/videos to back up their claim.

    At least post an example, how did the fight go? What spec was he? What level?

    EVERY SINGLE person who has posted that "MAGES ARE FINE L2P" has never given any hard numbers, examples, parses, or even a simple screenshot.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Bumping this thread in hopes of some proof.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    Mages...videos...parses....

    show us the light miid range 20-40

    i know htere are level 50 mages out there, or at least 45+

    show us all the light, end this madness once and for all

    that is all....parses...videos....teach us how to play if you will.

    i dont want to see squirrels+group kill
    i dont want to see necro 1vs1

    there hast to be more to mages than that.

    show me pyro taking down a warrior or cleric 1vs1
    show us there are other options besides the necro/warlock/chloro and dominator squirrel+group kills
    show us all the suggestion on how we break cc and kill people as sugested on all the threads here. show us our best vs the current "OP" class soul combos...you know which ones...

    show us balance please



    Where are your parses showing that mages are somehow weaker?

    I swear the second this game becomes like wow and constant player whines about "balance" when they lose to someone starts constantly nerfing and constant "rebalancing" of other classes i will quit immediately and never come back.

    I got so tired of the nerf train in WoW, don't start that crap here too. Play your class, if it feels weak, play something else. Maybe mage just isn't your playstyle. I've had mages completely destroy me in pvp and others die so easy it's silly.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Who determined that balance is decided by being able to beat classes 1v1?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  10. #10
    Ascendant Delphya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Who determined that balance is decided by being able to beat classes 1v1?
    This is the correct answer!

    I used to complain about Cleric healing and lack of survivability in Warfronts. Until someone showed me that it is not a 1 v 1 game, it should never be balanced 1 v 1 but we rely upon each other to overcome our weaknesses.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

    Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Stunlocks are a joke; This works with swapping from Archmage to Dominator(Or any other spec) as well: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Mage-Specific

    I'm also the only one having posted a single parse come live, and have been asking for players to show what they're doing: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ial-DPS-Thread

    Use the search function. Browse the forums. Don't listen to morons. There are more than enough answers strewn between the complaints. You just have to look.
    Last edited by Arianna; 03-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    579

    Default

    lots of diversions here...

    its not about 1vs1? So a mage should avoid at all costs duels and open world pvp where a 1vs1 pvp situation is likely?....

    There was a guy who proved that a mage killed him...great, that helps the mage community a lot. Ill go get my sab friend on, we can duel, he can not detonate, and let me win...proves nothing.

    why havent i parsed? well i dont need a parse to show me im underpreforming just about every other class soul combo as a straight DD mage build...i see that every day. Im not even 20 yet. That wouldnt help the mage community in any way would it? Proving they suck? I was a much higher level mage in the betas however, im taking it slow for launch (yes i chose not to play headstart)

    Im not here to prove they suck. Im hear to see out of all the Rift players...there are many...just one could prove us all wrong...none have stepped forward...only a rogue stepped forward with a SS that a mage killed him with no info attached in any way.

    Where are the level 40+ mages telling us "damage scales" and helping us out? Where are the hot shot mages levels 20-40 that we never see but surely must exist based on the constant l2p comments from non mage players?

    as i suspected...nothing.

    so where right where we left off...squirrling (which oddly people want to take the ONLY thing in the game we do well away)

    ...........

    necro/chloro/warlock pve......

    that all we got going for us? squirrel and high maintinence pet class? Say it aint so.... seriosuly....
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-02-2011 at 02:36 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    I am a warrior and I face mages often in world pvp. Sometimes, the mage is really good and can cc lock me until he kills me, sometimes I can kill him within seconds (if I have my pvp spec ready). Thing is that their 1v1 viability really depends on their spec. You need to realize that some specs are not good for pvp at all (no cc, long casts, you get it). If you want to be godd in world pvp you have to spec for it. No spec is good for everything.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara Mr Malingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    lots of diversions here...

    its not about 1vs1? So a mage should avoid at all costs duels and open world pvp where a 1vs1 pvp situation is likely?....

    There was a guy who proved that a mage killed him...great, that helps the mage community a lot. Ill go get my sab friend on, we can duel, he can not detonate, and let me win...proves nothing.

    why havent i parsed? well i dont need a parse to show me im underpreforming just about every other class soul combo as a straight DD mage build...i see that every day. Im not even 20 yet. That wouldnt help the mage community in any way would it? Proving they suck? I was a much higher level mage in the betas however, im taking it slow for launch (yes i chose not to play headstart)

    Im not here to prove they suck. Im hear to see out of all the Rift players...there are many...just one could prove us all wrong...none have stepped forward...only a rogue stepped forward with a SS that a mage killed him with no info attached in any way.

    Where are the level 40+ mages telling us "damage scales" and helping us out? Where are the hot shot mages levels 20-40 that we never see but surely must exist based on the constant l2p comments from non mage players?

    as i suspected...nothing.

    so where right where we left off...squirrling (which oddly people want to take the ONLY thing in the game we do well away)

    ...........

    necro/chloro/warlock pve......

    that all we got going for us? squirrel and high maintinence pet class? Say it aint so.... seriosuly....

    You're right lots of diversions

    Like the ones where you complain that Mages should still be good at 1v1 in a group PvP game, but than say that the soul combos that ARE good at that (Necro/Cholo/Lock) don't count and we have to ignore those.

    Or how you say you think they are doing too little damage but than say you haven't recorded how much damage you're doing, instead going on feel.

    I'm also enjoying watching you downplay squirrel.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Ashgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Hello, I'm a 36 mage and I crit cinders for 1-1.5k.

    I can almost 1 shot half of the rift classes.

    What am I doing wrong?
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

    Pyromancer\Dominator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts