Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prove the community wrong please

Champion

Default Prove the community wrong please

Mages...videos...parses....

show us the light miid range 20-40

i know htere are level 50 mages out there, or at least 45+

show us all the light, end this madness once and for all

that is all....parses...videos....teach us how to play if you will.

i dont want to see squirrels+group kill
    i dont want to see necro 1vs1

there hast to be more to mages than that.

show me pyro taking down a warrior or cleric 1vs1
    show us there are other options besides the necro/warlock/chloro and dominator squirrel+group kills
    show us all the suggestion on how we break cc and kill people as sugested on all the threads here. show us our best vs the current "OP" class soul combos...you know which ones...

show us balance please
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-01-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Shadowlander

Completely agree.

Everyone single person who says "MAGES ARE FINE L2P" gives absolutely nothing to back it up. The only thing they do is randomly insult you and say your terrible. It's that kind of community that's going to keep mages terrible forever.

Mages are fine. The proof is that I've actually fought mages who tanked me as a rogue and killed me.

See this post for further information.

Soulwalker

The fact that you died in a fight doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumorseal View Post
    The fact that you died in a fight doesn't prove anything.
    Yes... Yes, it does.

Shadowlander

So glad you can read the OP. Yet another person with absolutely no numbers/parses/videos to back up their claim.

At least post an example, how did the fight go? What spec was he? What level?

EVERY SINGLE person who has posted that "MAGES ARE FINE L2P" has never given any hard numbers, examples, parses, or even a simple screenshot.

Shadowlander

Bumping this thread in hopes of some proof.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    Mages...videos...parses....

show us the light miid range 20-40

i know htere are level 50 mages out there, or at least 45+

show us all the light, end this madness once and for all

that is all....parses...videos....teach us how to play if you will.

i dont want to see squirrels+group kill
    i dont want to see necro 1vs1

there hast to be more to mages than that.

show me pyro taking down a warrior or cleric 1vs1
    show us there are other options besides the necro/warlock/chloro and dominator squirrel+group kills
    show us all the suggestion on how we break cc and kill people as sugested on all the threads here. show us our best vs the current "OP" class soul combos...you know which ones...

show us balance please

Where are your parses showing that mages are somehow weaker?

I swear the second this game becomes like wow and constant player whines about "balance" when they lose to someone starts constantly nerfing and constant "rebalancing" of other classes i will quit immediately and never come back.

I got so tired of the nerf train in WoW, don't start that crap here too. Play your class, if it feels weak, play something else. Maybe mage just isn't your playstyle. I've had mages completely destroy me in pvp and others die so easy it's silly.

Who determined that balance is decided by being able to beat classes 1v1?
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Who determined that balance is decided by being able to beat classes 1v1?
    This is the correct answer!

I used to complain about Cleric healing and lack of survivability in Warfronts. Until someone showed me that it is not a 1 v 1 game, it should never be balanced 1 v 1 but we rely upon each other to overcome our weaknesses.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Rift Master

Stunlocks are a joke; This works with swapping from Archmage to Dominator(Or any other spec) as well: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Mage-Specific

I'm also the only one having posted a single parse come live, and have been asking for players to show what they're doing: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ial-DPS-Thread

Use the search function. Browse the forums. Don't listen to morons. There are more than enough answers strewn between the complaints. You just have to look.
    Last edited by Arianna; 03-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Champion

lots of diversions here...

its not about 1vs1? So a mage should avoid at all costs duels and open world pvp where a 1vs1 pvp situation is likely?....

There was a guy who proved that a mage killed him...great, that helps the mage community a lot. Ill go get my sab friend on, we can duel, he can not detonate, and let me win...proves nothing.

why havent i parsed? well i dont need a parse to show me im underpreforming just about every other class soul combo as a straight DD mage build...i see that every day. Im not even 20 yet. That wouldnt help the mage community in any way would it? Proving they suck? I was a much higher level mage in the betas however, im taking it slow for launch (yes i chose not to play headstart)

Im not here to prove they suck. Im hear to see out of all the Rift players...there are many...just one could prove us all wrong...none have stepped forward...only a rogue stepped forward with a SS that a mage killed him with no info attached in any way.

Where are the level 40+ mages telling us "damage scales" and helping us out? Where are the hot shot mages levels 20-40 that we never see but surely must exist based on the constant l2p comments from non mage players?

as i suspected...nothing.

so where right where we left off...squirrling (which oddly people want to take the ONLY thing in the game we do well away)

necro/chloro/warlock pve......

that all we got going for us? squirrel and high maintinence pet class? Say it aint so.... seriosuly....
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-02-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Rift Master

I am a warrior and I face mages often in world pvp. Sometimes, the mage is really good and can cc lock me until he kills me, sometimes I can kill him within seconds (if I have my pvp spec ready). Thing is that their 1v1 viability really depends on their spec. You need to realize that some specs are not good for pvp at all (no cc, long casts, you get it). If you want to be godd in world pvp you have to spec for it. No spec is good for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    lots of diversions here...

its not about 1vs1? So a mage should avoid at all costs duels and open world pvp where a 1vs1 pvp situation is likely?....

There was a guy who proved that a mage killed him...great, that helps the mage community a lot. Ill go get my sab friend on, we can duel, he can not detonate, and let me win...proves nothing.

why havent i parsed? well i dont need a parse to show me im underpreforming just about every other class soul combo as a straight DD mage build...i see that every day. Im not even 20 yet. That wouldnt help the mage community in any way would it? Proving they suck? I was a much higher level mage in the betas however, im taking it slow for launch (yes i chose not to play headstart)

Im not here to prove they suck. Im hear to see out of all the Rift players...there are many...just one could prove us all wrong...none have stepped forward...only a rogue stepped forward with a SS that a mage killed him with no info attached in any way.

Where are the level 40+ mages telling us "damage scales" and helping us out? Where are the hot shot mages levels 20-40 that we never see but surely must exist based on the constant l2p comments from non mage players?

as i suspected...nothing.

so where right where we left off...squirrling (which oddly people want to take the ONLY thing in the game we do well away)

necro/chloro/warlock pve......

that all we got going for us? squirrel and high maintinence pet class? Say it aint so.... seriosuly....

You're right lots of diversions

Like the ones where you complain that Mages should still be good at 1v1 in a group PvP game, but than say that the soul combos that ARE good at that (Necro/Cholo/Lock) don't count and we have to ignore those.

Or how you say you think they are doing too little damage but than say you haven't recorded how much damage you're doing, instead going on feel.

I'm also enjoying watching you downplay squirrel.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Hello, I'm a 36 mage and I crit cinders for 1-1.5k.

I can almost 1 shot half of the rift classes.

What am I doing wrong?
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast