+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My take on Sab's Not sure if OP, but maybe......

Soulwalker

Default My take on Sab's Not sure if OP, but maybe......

I haven't played the game to 50, so this is a view in progress. From what I can tell of Sab's so far is that they can easily kill people at the moment because they have that surprise factor of doing a ton of damage at one time without people knowing its happening. This will change some as people understand the game.

However the claims that say just use cleanse to deal it are a bit absurd because your asking people to carry a healer with them and have that heal just dedicate them to cleansing at a .5 second slower gcd than they are being put on..... It won't go well if you see what I mean.

Second because all the damage is done at once, it makes it so much harder to deal with than if it were calculated on each hit as they were launched, which in my opinion would make them more balanced, since healers can deal with healing through it.

I think this is a fair solution and would stop the whining and a slight unbalance as I currently see. I'm curious to hear if the Sab's out there feel as though this would gimp their class? You wouldn't loose any damage since the damage would hit on impact, you just wouldn't have all of it calculated at once or critting at once.
    Last edited by Poohba; 03-01-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

An agreeable fix.

Plane Touched

Given the fact that their a CC utility class, or at least suppose to be, flat out 35% damage reduction on EVERYTHING and make charges non-dispellable.

Part of the purpose of burst damage is to counter the heal stacking. You are not only "nerfing" sabs, but also buffing healing more.

No, what is needed is damage resist buffs for allies.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    Part of the purpose of burst damage is to counter the heal stacking. You are not only "nerfing" sabs, but also buffing healing more.

No, what is needed is damage resist buffs for allies.
    Good buff healing, makes fights last longer and take more skill and strategy besides spamming two buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Jonymac View Post
    Good buff healing, makes fights last longer and take more skill and strategy besides spamming two buttons
    Just because you spamed 2 healing buttons don't mean you used more skill/strategy.

Seriously the most annoying thing about you anti-sabs is that you think that the class you play actually requires more thought process because you might push an extra button in case of something.
    Last edited by ShimmerSniper; 03-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Plane Touched

Just because you spamed 2 healing buttons don't mean you used more skill/strategy.

Seriously the most annoying thing about you anti-sabs is that you think that the class you play actually requires more thought process because you might push an extra button in case of something.
    When you're not getting 1 shotted you can actually *gasp* have time to use your abilities. So yes it will make the game much more strategy based, for the sheer fact that I can actually react to a Sab.

You arn't getting one shotted. You get five seconds warning.

You get a warning, slight, but a warning that its there.

Yes, there is cleanses, but that's only really good just to quickly knic some off.

This is what Damage resist buffs would be for. They need to be on less healy souls though.

Soulwalker

I like the idea of a high single target burst dps class.

Now the highest single target burst dps class having a 20m range, instant cast/mobile, alot of crowd control and high aoe damage is overpowered in combination.

Sabs damage doesnt need to be nerfed.
    Charges SHOULD be melee range ONLY.

This requires sabs to be a glass cannon that NEEDs to run up to you and place 5 charges on you.
    Which will require synergy with the most defensive rogue classes for the sab to be effective in combat.

They nerfed MM for the same reason. It was a range class with to much burst dps. instead of reducing sabs dps though they need to remove the range on charges.

Sure bombs can still be range but they are generally aoe dps and much less burst damage then charges/detonate.

Soulwalker

I believe a lot more thought goes into a good healer and timing heals and many other factors involved. That said, that massive burst gives you little recourse other than just taking a huge spike. Your only real choice is retreat out of detonate range and thats just unrealistic and your team dies. The spike is such a huge advantage, which you can do at 30 meters none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohba View Post
    I believe a lot more thought goes into a good healer and timing heals and many other factors involved. That said, that massive burst gives you little recourse other than just taking a huge spike. Your only real choice is retreat out of detonate range and thats just unrealistic and your team dies. The spike is such a huge advantage, which you can do at 30 meters none the less.
    And a lot more thought goes into a good sab as well. Timing of the blasts, which blasts to use, where to place traps ect.

First thing that needs to be fixed is the crit hit calculation and the ability to triple dip into damage increase buffs. Right now, you can easily increase blast charges damage by 49% along with that 50% armor reduction.

Charges should be buffed vs. Warriors, Bards, and Clerics but nerf'ed vs. Mages.

Problem solved.

Just make them do a little less dmg to players (without changing their dmg to npcs).. that is all that is needed.
    The Sabo class mechanics are fun and shouldn't be changed.
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 03-05-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    Just make them do a little less dmg to players (without changing their dmg to npcs).. that is all that is needed.
    The Sabo class mechanics are fun and shouldn't be changed.
    This seems fair.

Soulwalker

As a cleric with dispel I get really angry when people just say "that's what healers are for!"

dispel only lessens it by a small amount, I'm not saying clerics should be able to instantly remove charges, it's just that clerics aren't a part of the problem, or the solution. I think a simple damage reduction is all that's needed. Having all of these nifty abilities and snares is fine with me, but having them, plus HIGH burst DPS is too much.

Lower the damage, leave the utility, it really is that simple.

I've been told sabs become less powerful in end-game though, so maybe we shouldn't even bother nerfing them in that sense, so much as making them on the same plane in lower level pvp somehow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast