+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: So flamespear and discharge was op but blastcharge is ok? lol

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default So flamespear and discharge was op but blastcharge is ok? lol

    These level 40+ saboteurs are just tab targeting and spamming that stuff for insane damage. This one saboteur had more killingblows than the entire raid COMBINED. Both sides counted.

    It reminds me a lot of VK discharge spam.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker ShimmerSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Kills don't equal power.

    A person who does just enough damage to kill enemies at less than 10% is going to have more kills, but way lower damage.

    The person who did the largest amount of kills probally didn't use blast charge at all. More chemical bombs, time bombs and shrapnel charges.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Swedenn
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Look at damage done instead of killing blows.

  4. #4
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
    Look at damage done instead of killing blows.

    If damage done meant anything then mage would be top everytime.

    It isn't.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    Kills don't equal power.

    A person who does just enough damage to kill enemies at less than 10% is going to have more kills, but way lower damage.

    The person who did the largest amount of kills probally didn't use blast charge at all. More chemical bombs, time bombs and shrapnel charges.

    People in warfronts don't die from weak aoe they die from uncounterable spikes. Kills do equal power.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Nice dumb logic ....


    If sabo has high kill rates and low damage, that means he doesnt NEEd damage, he just kills thing in one hit, its not like some crappy warrior doing tons of damage but not killing anyone

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Denny Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    These level 40+ saboteurs are just tab targeting and spamming that stuff for insane damage. This one saboteur had more killingblows than the entire raid COMBINED. Both sides counted.

    It reminds me a lot of VK discharge spam.
    vk's are tanks, sabs are dps, what part of this is hard to grasp?

    of course dps classes should be topping the damage/kills charts

    sabs are burst dps so natuarlly they will have one of the highest killing blows

    tanks should be topping the damage received/healing recived charts

    healers hsould be topping the healing charts
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-01-2011 at 06:33 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Ashgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Saboteurs don't 1 shot.

    Their charges are cleansable.

    They die like f?cking flies.

    What's the problem? That you joined black garden, took the fang, then started abusing tree's line of sight against a team with 3 saboteurs, without a cleric with a clue on your side? Not their problem.

    In that case you'll have some idiot getting 3 stacks of 5 bombs exploded on him within a crowd.

    Still no one ever tried to take a powerup and crit the crowd with titan strike. That's where cries will begin.

    What about saboteurs - they're a little dumb by design, but not overpowered.
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

    Pyromancer\Dominator

  9. #9
    Plane Walker ShimmerSniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niminion View Post
    People in warfronts don't die from weak aoe they die from uncounterable spikes. Kills do equal power.
    Kay, people in warfronts don't die unless they spike damage.

    :/

    Never heard of something called kill stealing? Thats what even weak AoEs do.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Thunderclock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Just Rift Surge the Saboteur and rake in the lulz as they take 320987209348 damage while mindlessly spamming Blast Charge.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizaro View Post
    Look at damage done instead of killing blows.
    Healing in this game makes this stat COMPLETELY WORTHLESS

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    760

    Default

    The only worthwhile stats to look at at "Fang carried," "Time Fang Carried," "Carrier Kills," "Kills near objective," "Recaptured Objective," "Killed flag carrier" and "Captured flag."

    Those are the actual stats that win WF's.

    Healing, damage done, kb's are all fairly useless as the first two can get spammed while being completely ineffective (we had 5 mages aoeing 3 paladins with a single pocket healer in one BG I was in. None of the mages made a kill or actually helped cap the fang or hold it once but they all had about 150,000 damage) and you can ninja kb's.

    But run with someone a few times and they never get a single one of the stats I mentioned first and you know they are a scrub.

    I'm inclined to respect people who rack up massive damage taken totals though as they are obviously being really annoying and tying up a lot of the other team.
    Last edited by Xandarth; 03-02-2011 at 01:00 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    vk's are tanks, sabs are dps, what part of this is hard to grasp?

    of course dps classes should be topping the damage/kills charts

    sabs are burst dps so natuarlly they will have one of the highest killing blows

    tanks should be topping the damage received/healing recived charts

    healers hsould be topping the healing charts
    Nothing of this is hard to "grasp". Just because a class is primarilly dps doesn't mean they should get away with overpowered abilities. Also Riftblade is a DPS soul. NOT a tank soul.
    If you want to go down that road then rogues are also tanks and healers.

    If flamespear was so OP on a dps soul then i dont see how blastcharge is any less op. Much much more so infact.

    Everyone is talking about cleansing and LOS. Have you even played this game? Unless you run 100% premade you'd be glad to even get one single targeted heal on yourself. Let alone a cleanse.

    Your in the thick of things tryig to kill the flag carrier, all of the sudden you got 5 stacks on yourself along with 10 ther debuffs or get transmogrified then BOOM dead.

    The so called "tank" pvp specs in this game have virtually no defences except a few hundred more points of hp and 20% more melee mitigation. We have NO escape tools or no way to reset fights. Unlike rogues and mages who have about 10 of them.

  14. #14
    lud
    lud is offline
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Warriors are normally 2x everyone elses dmg, have the most hp and best armor.
    warrior can execute from 30% sabs from 50% sabs are hard to keep up, warriors are much easier to keep up.
    The real problem with sab is the 100%-0 on mages. warrior should not be complaining about anything.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lud View Post
    Warriors are normally 2x everyone elses dmg, have the most hp and best armor.
    warrior can execute from 30% sabs from 50% sabs are hard to keep up, warriors are much easier to keep up.
    The real problem with sab is the 100%-0 on mages. warrior should not be complaining about anything.
    Actually unless we go deep in to a tank soul our HP is about on par with everyone else. So get your facts straight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts