Thread: Warriors 1-30

Telaran

Default Warriors 1-30

What is our role?

We can't out dps
    We can't out tank
    We can't heal
    We can't solo as fast

Even 21 points into paladin isn't as good as a rogue tank.

If I'm wrong and I'm doing it wrong I'm sure the trolls will tell me without giving any hint to how to do it better, thank you.

I feel underwhelming as a Warrior in PvP and Instances

Soulwalker

Default Re:

If I'm wrong and I'm doing it wrong I'm sure the trolls will tell me without giving any hint to how to do it better, thank you.
    When you post a thread like the one above, yeah, you're right, you won't get much help at all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Konungr213 View Post
    When you post a thread like the one above, yeah, you're right, you won't get much help at all.
    You're helpful too!

When Clerics/Rogues are tanking and healing you feel less than par.

Soulwalker

Hm, I've been playing a reaver/paladin/warlord in warfronts and always top the charts in dps. Also, I feel damn near unkillable. Perhaps try that if you feel inclined to try something you hopefully haven't regardig warriors and then reconsider your claims OP.

The glory of the class design for Rift is that you have so many options available to you when building your toon. If one method isn't working, respec or resoul and try something different.

Just because one approach isn't working for you, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Shadowlander

I've had warrior, rogue, and cleric tanks before, and they have all gotten the job done. If one is a little better than the other at damage mitigation, one is a little better at damage, and one is a little better at healing himself, what does it matter? If they can all tank the same encounters, I think it's silly to min/max the differences. If it upsets you that much, roll whichever one you feel is the strongest. And then in two weeks when Trion changes the classes you will be the weak tank again.

The point is, in PvE especially, play whatever class is enjoyable to you and stop worrying that another soul combo is more powerful. There is no such thing as complete balance in games like this and there never will be. I personally haven't ran into a situation where a warrior tank could not tank the boss and a rogue or cleric of the same level/gear/skill could.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kedoren View Post
    I've had warrior, rogue, and cleric tanks before, and they have all gotten the job done. If one is a little better than the other at damage mitigation, one is a little better at damage, and one is a little better at healing himself, what does it matter? If they can all tank the same encounters, I think it's silly to min/max the differences. If it upsets you that much, roll whichever one you feel is the strongest. And then in two weeks when Trion changes the classes you will be the weak tank again.

The point is, in PvE especially, play whatever class is enjoyable to you and stop worrying that another soul combo is more powerful. There is no such thing as complete balance in games like this and there never will be. I personally haven't ran into a situation where a warrior tank could not tank the boss and a rogue or cleric of the same level/gear/skill could.
    100% agree. The OP should read it a couple of times...

The OP does have a bit of a point. Warriors have no healing and no support, which makes me feel slightly useless when the wrong classes are available for dungeons. I spent an hour today spamming "LF healer DM", as leader of a group with one other warrior and two rogues. I've been loving Rift for the most part, but for that hour I felt I was back in Azeroth It would really help if warriors had a healing soul, or a support soul that synergised with Bard such that with one of each, you didn't need a dedicated healer to run a 5-man.

I disagree on the other points though. I've been rolling through the low levels as Reaver having played a Riftstalker in beta -- warriors tank fine, we're harder to heal than the rogue tank at low levels but also put out more threat, a lot more damage, and group buffs -- swings and roundabouts. Also, reaver is a godly solo build after you get the improved version of that healing talent. Out questing in the world I routinely pull 6 mobs at once. Feels great

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

PLD

Quote Originally Posted by Xetelian View Post
    What is our role?

We can't out dps
    We can't out tank
    We can't heal
    We can't solo as fast

Even 21 points into paladin isn't as good as a rogue tank.

I feel underwhelming as a Warrior in PvP and Instances

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-*Devs-Sticky*

dry your tears and l2p.

Soulwalker

are we playing the same game op?

Telaran

Are you sure you know what support means? There are several warriors with very nifty buffs out there. Beastmaster auras for example are fairly insane if you go far enough into the tree. Because they stack. But I guess you didn't test it.

Also in both sustained and burst dps and crowdcontrol (ya... remember that from back when mmos were hard?) there are souls with fine abilities. It's just a matter of picking and choosing the ones you feel you could do good with.
    "The promise of a friend is to stand by you when you're wrong. When you're right practically anyone will stand by you."

+ Reply to Thread