+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reverse grip dual weilding

Soulwalker

Default Reverse grip dual weilding

So ive seen some characters reverse gripping one of there weapons, reading up on it i found it is currently bound to certain races, any plans on setting an option of forward grip vs. reverse grip?

im a female high elf but would really love to be able to reverse grip my offhand, it just looks more epic =D

nothing i'd quit or reroll over just a friendly hope that the option might become availble.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerChicken View Post
    So ive seen some characters reverse gripping one of there weapons, reading up on it i found it is currently bound to certain races, any plans on setting an option of forward grip vs. reverse grip?

im a female high elf but would really love to be able to reverse grip my offhand, it just looks more epic =D

nothing i'd quit or reroll over just a friendly hope that the option might become availble.
    -sign- Agreed.
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Signed also.

Feedbacked with a friendly suggestion of this during beta. Seems to be a strictly female option as well. Hardly worth a re roll, or getting upset over as it is just a nice and enjoyable visual. Wouldnt mind the option being there though ^_^

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DeViLmAn_x View Post
    Signed also.

Feedbacked with a friendly suggestion of this during beta. Seems to be a strictly female option as well. Hardly worth a re roll, or getting upset over as it is just a nice and enjoyable visual. Wouldnt mind the option being there though ^_^

which is weird because there are enemy npc males that reverse grip there weapon when they attack too... they should just let everyone have the choice too =D

i mean whats a blade dancer good for if they are just holding the blade the same way everyone else is >.>

I disagree - personally I think it looks ridiculous.

I would agree to this, not because I think it looks cool, but because I'd also like to have the option to have a normal grip on my Mathosian rogue.

More options with regards to how a character looks are always welcome.

Telaran

In open beta I found that Eth Females reverse grip (their mainhand actually not their offhand).

I was somewhat disappointed to find it wasn't the same for either Mathosian Males or High Elf Females.

I'd love the option.
    "The promise of a friend is to stand by you when you're wrong. When you're right practically anyone will stand by you."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    I disagree - personally I think it looks ridiculous.
    thats the point, not everyone likes it, so give everyone the chance to pick whether or not you can reverse grip

Agree! holding a sword backwards in main hand is ******ed.
    We need this changed

Soulwalker

On my wish list since 1998: optional left-handed characters. I think I've seen perhaps one game ever where it was an option, and I don't even recall which game that was.

Reverse grip is definitely in the same vein, so IAWTOP.
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrickReclaimer View Post
    On my wish list since 1998: optional left-handed characters. I think I've seen perhaps one game ever where it was an option, and I don't even recall which game that was.

Reverse grip is definitely in the same vein, so IAWTOP.
    YES left handedness.... why isnt it an option in any game? out of everything they choose to customize that is never a choice -_-

Rift Disciple

I specifically picked races on my dual wielders to get the reverse grip, I think it looks great. Love it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KillerChicken View Post
    YES left handedness.... why isnt it an option in any game? out of everything they choose to customize that is never a choice -_-
    probably because they'd have to make duplicate animations for lefties

I'm not saying characters shouldn't reverse grip or that people shouldn't have the option, but I would like to say that is completely ridiculous. Swinging a mace upward against the force of gravity is the exact opposite of how the weapon is effectively wielded. It'd be equally silly to let archer characters try to use bows as blunt melee weapons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Allegorical View Post
    I'm not saying characters shouldn't reverse grip or that people shouldn't have the option, but I would like to say that is completely ridiculous. Swinging a mace upward against the force of gravity is the exact opposite of how the weapon is effectively wielded. It'd be equally silly to let archer characters try to use bows as blunt melee weapons.
    YEa with maces and axes it would be kinda dumb but for daggers, and possibly swords, it looks cool(IMO)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast