+ Reply to Thread

Thread: do many people think they will really max 1 soul or just take a balance or 2 or 3?

Telaran

Default do many people think they will really max 1 soul or just take a balance or 2 or 3?

I'm asking this question in terms of a character's primary role rather than some backup/utility role setup for certain situations. Basically the primary role is the one you spend a majority of your time in.
    (which might be a mistake to assume. It might be that 2 or more roles will be used frequently)

I've been playing around with the soul tree tool on zam and looking at a lot of the souls.
    So far I haven't found many souls whose 51 point ability seems worth it at least from a lower level perspective. Maybe at 50 the situation will change.

Mostly I'm just curious what other people who have spent time looking at the souls think.

Rift Disciple

The only soul that i personally see that would be worth going the full 51 points is warlock...other then that IMO at least it looks like itd be better to do a relatively even split between 2 main souls and then sprinkle some points in a third.

Shield of Telara

If your doing pve you would probably also want to max out bard.

Telaran

Only played mage so far up to 40's the warlock and necro both benefit from a full 51 point tree. Mainly because they have abilities that are based on number of points spent in the tree and have no cap on the % gain.

At 40 points in the necro tree my pet is doing equal dmg to me so 2% per point for his overall dmg is better than trying to throw points into the other trees. I may verify if crit effect both you and your pets but if it doesnt I will stick with 51 point necro.

Im a rogue and it really feels like you are getting the most of it when you go deep in one tree no matter which tree you pick

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Im a rogue and it really feels like you are getting the most of it when you go deep in one tree no matter which tree you pick
    It makes me sad inside that this sounds dirty to me. The internets have ruined my soul.

Telaran

Just from the rogue classes I've looked at..

Bard - Max seems good
    Riftstalker- max is best
    The rest: a good amount of multiclass points.

+ Reply to Thread