+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Different GCDs Really??

Telaran

Default Different GCDs Really??

What possible reasoning could there be for spells and melee abilities having different global cooldowns? Don't mana casters already get screwed hard enough by constantly running out of mana in warfronts?? Warriors and Rogues never run out, ever. They can go on and on.

The GCD should be the same for all classes and abilities, that is what makes it global.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    What possible reasoning could there be for spells and melee abilities having different global cooldowns? Don't mana casters already get screwed hard enough by constantly running out of mana in warfronts?? Warriors and Rogues never run out, ever. They can go on and on.

The GCD should be the same for all classes and abilities, that is what makes it global.
    Warriors get power starved all the time, at least the noob ones who spam flamespear do.
    Last edited by scrynen; 03-01-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Soulwalker

Technically, what makes it global is that it applies to all of your abilities.

The word you're looking for would be universal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post

I believe both Warrior and Mage GCDs are 1.5 seconds while Rogues are 1.0 seconds.

My guess would be because Rogues hit like little girls.

Shield of Telara

Any warrior that's really trying will constantly run out of energy during fights that last for more than 3 swings. At least until higher levels when they can get access to more energy regen abilities

And... I'm not sure that casters have a higher GCD unless something has changed today. My casters have the same GCD as my melees, 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
    at least the noob ones who spam flamespear do.
    No they dont,

matter of fact

spamming flamespear is the best way to NEVER run out of power
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I believe both Warrior and Mage GCDs are 1.5 seconds while Rogues are 1.0 seconds.

My guess would be because Rogues hit like little girls.
    And the fact that our slowing abilities don't award combo points, except for the ranger and nightblade ones which have CDs

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    Any warrior that's really trying will constantly run out of energy during fights that last for more than 3 swings. At least until higher levels when they can get access to more energy regen abilities
    And there really aren't a many of those, really.
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Soulwalker

rogues and warriors have diffrent GCDs, because they require diffrent ammounts of combo points to finish a cycle. warriors are on a 1.5 gcd, and take 3 points +1 finisher. count that, thats... 6 seconds! rogues need 5 combo points + 1 finisher, on a 1 second gcd... thats again, 6 seconds. its basically a way to differentiate the classes, yet leave them with the same timeing and power ratios.

Rift Disciple

Warrior power is a lot like hunters focus in WoW, it regains much slower than energy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Liringlas View Post
    rogues and warriors have diffrent GCDs, because they require diffrent ammounts of combo points to finish a cycle. warriors are on a 1.5 gcd, and take 3 points +1 finisher. count that, thats... 6 seconds! rogues need 5 combo points + 1 finisher, on a 1 second gcd... thats again, 6 seconds. its basically a way to differentiate the classes, yet leave them with the same timeing and power ratios.
    Hm, why does it take a caster 15 seconds to stack up its charge to 100 then.

Thinking the values on charge generating abilities need to be revised, or GCD adjusted down to 0.5 seconds !

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post

And... I'm not sure that casters have a higher GCD unless something has changed today. My casters have the same GCD as my melees, 1 second.
    But if the warrior stops attacking they will be back to full in seconds. A mana caster would take minutes to get back to full mana, unless they can get out of combat and drink.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Hm, why does it take a caster 15 seconds to stack up its charge to 100 then.

Thinking the values on charge generating abilities need to be revised, or GCD adjusted down to 0.5 seconds !
    I agree, the amount of charge spells give definitely needs to be increased.

Rift Disciple

The biggest problem this poses is in rift participation. They should either make callings with 1.5s GCD contribute 1/3 more points or make rogue's do 1/3 less because its complete ******** that my cleric can't get good contribution but my rogue can do absolutely nothing but spam a motif on every GCD for number 1 contribution every time.

Plane Touched

Play all the callings before complaining about something that is not even an issue.

The lesser GCD was taken into account when they balanced the classes. I'm not saying they are perfectly balanced, but close enough...and the imbalances that exist are NOT due to differing GCDs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast