+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Different GCDs Really??

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I believe both Warrior and Mage GCDs are 1.5 seconds while Rogues are 1.0 seconds.

My guess would be because Rogues hit like little girls.
    my 1100 crits would like to have a word with you(level 30)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CatatonicLemur View Post
    Play all the callings before complaining about something that is not even an issue.

The lesser GCD was taken into account when they balanced the classes. I'm not saying they are perfectly balanced, but close enough...and the imbalances that exist are NOT due to differing GCDs.
    I have played all callings.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tundravalco View Post
    The biggest problem this poses is in rift participation. They should either make callings with 1.5s GCD contribute 1/3 more points or make rogue's do 1/3 less because its complete ******** that my cleric can't get good contribution but my rogue can do absolutely nothing but spam a motif on every GCD for number 1 contribution every time.
    An ability every single GCD for the entire Rift WILL get you gold, regardless of the fact you have a 1.5s GCD. I was doing this with my Riftblade, ensuring I never ran out of power with my ability selection, and got gold contribution every single time.

The real problem is that contribution shouldn't be based on spamming abilities. I know that basing it off damage/healing done would make the rewards less accessible to the lower levels in a rift party, but requiring us to spam abilities is not the answer. If I want gold, I can't properly institute my DPS rotation, because I'll run out of power using Fiery Burst off the GCD.

If you are casting, the global cooldown is going during your cast-time so you really do not see much cooldown at all unless you are trying to spam instants.

Pyromancer has ability to lower global to 1second each

Everyone has 1.5 seconds except for Rogue which has 1second.

Shield of Telara

So, there is this other game.. we won't mention.. all classes have a 1.5 GCD except rogue. It has a 1.0s GCD. Sound familiar?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tundravalco View Post
    The biggest problem this poses is in rift participation. They should either make callings with 1.5s GCD contribute 1/3 more points or make rogue's do 1/3 less because its complete ******** that my cleric can't get good contribution but my rogue can do absolutely nothing but spam a motif on every GCD for number 1 contribution every time.
    My cleric souls all get full contribution. Maybe use differant skills?

Quote Originally Posted by shinovar View Post
    Bring it ... I eat Sabs for breakfast and fart Blast Charges.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by shinovar View Post
    Sabs dont count.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2